PDA

View Full Version : Wheat Kings / Rebels LIVE on Shaw

dagley
01-02-2008, 07:05 PM
WHEAT KINGS @ REBELS, LIVE ON SHAW -- The Red Deer Rebels (10-25-4-1) host the Brandon Wheat Kings (24-12-0-1) in one of six Western Hockey League match-ups on Wednesday, January 2nd.

Wednesday night’s contest between the Wheat Kings and Rebels can be seen live throughout western Canada on SHAW (7:00 pm MST).

The Rebels, currently sixth in the Central Division and 12th in the Eastern Conference, are coming off a 5-3 defeat to visiting Prince Albert on Saturday for their second straight setback and their fourth in five games. Red Deer has managed just four victories on home ice this season. The Rebels yesterday traded veteran forwards J.D. Watt and Scott Doucet to Regina for Cody Gross and Brett Miller.

The Wheat Kings are coming off a 3-2 victory in Edmonton on New Year’s Eve, snapping a two-game losing skid, and currently trail Regina by two points for top spot in the East Division and second place in the Eastern Conference. The Wheat Kings’ penalty killing unit is operating at 88.3 per cent efficiency on the road this season. Tyler Dittmer has recorded one goal and four points in his last two games.

It’s the second meeting of the season between the Wheat Kings and Rebels. The Wheaties defeated the Rebels 6-1 in Brandon on October 17th in the first encounter.

(Channel 12 on WCGTV for views in Brandon)

Triton
01-03-2008, 12:26 AM
Good game. Congrats on the shutout Caliguiri, even if you only had to make something of 10-15 saves.

dagley
01-03-2008, 12:35 AM
The game was incredibly boring, found myself switching between Brandon/Red Deer and Calgary/New York. How about that hit Erb laid out, nice and clean.

SectionNDeserter
01-03-2008, 12:47 AM
Too bad he did the Ryan Reaves patented turtle routine after it instead of answering the bell, a good tilt would have put a spark in an otherwise boring hockey game.

sbtatter
01-03-2008, 10:31 AM
A grinding win for the Wheaties, too bad we were on TV without our high octane offence!! You've got to hand it to the WK's though, playing .500 without all those players. Thank goodness we played 2 weaker teams on this trip though...I'm concerned for the Lethbridge game tomorrow, the 3 rookies will have a bronze or gold game on Friday, so we won't see them until Sunday at the earliest...Anyone know when Bartek arrives back?
Any more news on Fehr? Rumour (not from any credible team source I might add) going around is he might be done for the season?

dagley
01-03-2008, 12:28 PM
Haven't heard anything on the Fehr side, but it wouldn't shock me. I believe this is his third concussion or something like that, and hope he gets healthy soon but perhaps a good month or two off would really help him. Maybe he could be back in time before playoffs, he just needs some time off. If its true, don't be surprised if Kelly goes out and gets a top 6 forward.

sbtatter
01-03-2008, 12:46 PM
Forgot to say I'm glad that King scored!!