PDA

View Full Version : Why don't we have a goalie coach?

eye4aneye
01-02-2008, 11:21 PM
I see the Blazers have hired one....why don't we have one? Is Campese an expert on goaltending? Oh and tonights loss against the Hitman....That has nothing to do with the manager or the scout or the board of directors. THAT IS THE COACH....which proves to me that they can score they can win....they just need to get it together....RIGHT COACH?
Oh and if there are players that don't like the coach, I am sure there are some that would give their left nut to play in the WHL.
And another game with no points from Mr. Depape. vc178 vc124
I will be glad though when everyone is back and healthy. This seems to be dragging on.

Wildeyes
01-02-2008, 11:50 PM
how many saves does a coach make in a game? How many shots does the coach block? how many goals does the coach score? answer: NONE its up to the players to do it. Instead of blaming the coach how bout making the players more responable for there actions.

eye4aneye
01-03-2008, 12:41 AM
I don't understand why we are even using him if he is useless. I mean come on....He should watch from the stands

eye4aneye
01-03-2008, 12:46 AM
how many saves does a coach make in a game? How many shots does the coach block? how many goals does the coach score? answer: NONE its up to the players to do it. Instead of blaming the coach how bout making the players more responable for there actions.

The point is we used to have one..and now we are relying on Butler. And you are right the coach doesn't do all that...but he puts together the lines, benches the goofs that are not doing anything...And ya if the coach knows nothing about goaltending, then ya we need a goalie coach as well.

I wasn't at the game, so I will rely on Raider17. He has a great grasp what is going on. Seems to me a whole lot of nothing. When are these kids going to stop thinking it is their right to play at this level. IT is a privelege and you have talent. For crying out loud use it. I was hoping that christmas break was going to help. Now they are all willy nilly about the trade. Make the trades and lets move on.

Triton
01-03-2008, 01:40 AM
The point is we used to have one..and now we are relying on Butler. And you are right the coach doesn't do all that...but he puts together the lines, benches the goofs that are not doing anything...And ya if the coach knows nothing about goaltending, then ya we need a goalie coach as well.

I wasn't at the game, so I will rely on Raider17. He has a great grasp what is going on. Seems to me a whole lot of nothing. When are these kids going to stop thinking it is their right to play at this level. IT is a privelege and you have talent. For crying out loud use it. I was hoping that christmas break was going to help. Now they are all willy nilly about the trade. Make the trades and lets move on.

A brief recap for you since you weren't in attendance..

-Raiders strike early as Smith flies down the right side and finds Robertson in the slot, who basically rifles one from almost his knees over the shoulder of Spence 1-0 Raiders.

-Raiders flying and pressuring. White finds Leblanc and he finds a hole on Spence, 2-0 Raiders.

-Trach breaks lose and finds room down the left side. Lets one go and finds the far right side top shelf, 3-0 Raiders.

-Martin Jones starts in goal for the 2nd for the Hitmen.

-Midway through the period, Fox does all the work on the right side and spots Fiddler skating down the middle, who burries it home. 1st WHL goal. 3-1 Raiders.

-Paul Postma with a shot at the blueline and is slightly redirected past Stanford, who didn't get any help after the 1st period. 3-2

-Not long after, and with Calgary flying, Kalinski walks around a couple guys and finds a hole on Stanford through the 5 hole. 3-3. Raiders take a penalty near the tail end of the period, so Calgary starts the 3rd with about 1:45 left of PP time.

-Jones absolutely robs McDonald who came flying in. It should have been a goal but he jams the post with his pad and the puck laid there a inch infront of the goal line.

- Postma gets set up again and has room with some traffic infront where he wires a shot through everything and scores. 4-3 Calgary.

-McMillan takes a shot that handcuffs Stanford, White crashing in gets a stick on it and Stanford tries to scramble back in time but the puck crosses the line. 5-3 Calgary and the place went silent.

-Duval's goal was a breakdown of the defense, where he's allowed to walk in uncontested and just lets one rip over the right shoulder of Stanford. 6-3

-Calgary's 7th goal is a gimme as Stanford goes to play the puck and he places it right on Golicic's stick and he fires it in the empty cage, where Stanford couldn't get back in time.

-The line of Fiddler, Fox and Kalinski created some havoc for the Raiders which was surprising. Fiddler, although he got lazy on PA's 2nd goal, he looked as if he belonged out there. 1st star honors for Fiddler.

-PA showed up for 20 minutes than a novice team took over and the Hitmen walked all over the Raiders.

Swamptown
01-03-2008, 08:20 AM
Last time I checked, he does have a little goaltending expirence. vci11

Do we need a goalie coach? Yes.

Do we currently have one? Kinda, literally.

Do we have larger problems on our team that should be dealt with immediately, besides goaltending? Obviously.

Sounds like the Blazers hired a Kamloops local (Steve Passmore) as there goalie coach instead of having someone commute from Kelowna. Refresh my memory, but do we have anybody locally that is qualified and wants to be a goalie coach? Artie Fehr? Roydun Gunn (Saskatoon)?

Swamptown
01-03-2008, 08:30 AM
I think they are trying to get him (DePape) in a position to get a few points to pad his stats prior to the trade deadline.

At any rate, he sure hasn't looked that good for the past month? 2 months? Since Gauthier was traded?

Knuckle Chucker
01-03-2008, 10:05 AM
Are they allowed to use timeouts in the BC league? After the Hitmen scored their 2nd goal Bruno should of called a timeout. Calm the guys down and get them refocused. The Raiders were standing around and Calgary were flying. That 3rd goal was as easy to predict as what jersey Rob Lindsey would wear to the game.

eye4aneye
01-03-2008, 11:31 AM
Well Knuckle if campese doesn't know how to call time outs appropriately, and I believe he should have done the same thing against th oilkings...Then lets look at the coach. If he is juggling coaching duties and the rumour is that he is going to be the manager... are we any further ahead? vci11

Roydon Gunn was the Goalie coach.

westbeach55
01-03-2008, 11:43 AM
Are we going ahead with Don Clark? I think a new gm is needed with some new fresh ideas and as far as campese calling time out i think he should have called one. well i guess will see what mr clark does at the deadline.

Triton
01-03-2008, 11:52 AM
Yeah giving up 7 unanswered goals without calling a time out to voice displeasure, regroup, refocus is basically doing the same thing that Anholt did. After the 4th or 5th goal, a T.O should have been called.