PDA

View Full Version : Biggest surprise...good and bad

Tipped Off
01-17-2005, 12:01 AM
Good: Alex Leavitt. Since coming over from Swift Current LEavit has had 23 points in 25 games. He is by far the best passer on the team. He has set up Wheat so many times this year it's incredible. He jsut makes everyone on the ice around him that much better.

Bad: I'd have to say the biggest disapointment so far is Curtis Billsten. The guy had a plus 14 with 20 points last year and definately stepped up his game in the playoffs. He's 18 years old, 6'3" and 226 Lbs. Pretty big for a winger. This year he's a -7 on a team that's scored more goals than it's given up. He's had 1 point in his last 11 games. and two in his last 19 games...that's an incredible drought. He had 6 goals and 2 assts in November...other than that he's only had 3 goals and 6 assts the whole rest of the season.

Thought?

IceMan
01-17-2005, 12:10 AM
I agree on the Good. At first, I felt as though Leavitt was really dogging it out there, just flat out not hustling. But to his credit, he seems to have bought into the system, and is now out there hitting, forcing the play, and really contributing. Annesley, who was basically a "throw in" in that trade is also very, very impressive. Great move by the GM, and one that will pay off in the post season.

Bad? Wall. Too damned inconsistant.

cookiem66
01-17-2005, 01:24 AM
Has anyone noticed how much time Leavitt spends on his *****? We have. Yes, he's good, but why the dives? :confused:

Tipped Off
01-17-2005, 10:43 AM
I think he just skates too fast. He goas all out every where he is going. Sometimes it cause him to not keep his balance. I agree he needs to spend more time on his skates. But if thats the only negative, I'll take it.