PDA

View Full Version : Autographed Team Canada Hat

mccabe23
03-22-2005, 05:23 PM
Ok, I recently won an autographed Team Canada Hat with the signatures of Jeff Glass, Nigel Dawes, Ryan Getzlaf, Andrew Ladd and Shea Weber. Anybody know a value that this would be worth? I'm debating right now wether to hang on to it or sell it. Any ideas or opinions out there?

smackitsakic
03-22-2005, 07:08 PM
It'd be stupid to sell it right now, that's what i think. They are all still in the WHL and the market for these players is restricted to Canada, specifically the CHL. Wait till the players make it to the big show, then they will be recognized internationally and the market for their goods is higher. Why sell it though? That is a classic item that has the autographs of some kids with very bright futures. I'd hold onto it for alot longer than right now.

mccabe23
03-22-2005, 07:21 PM
Well....it's a tough decision for me. I'm really not a collector of anything so I'd hate for it to be tossed in a closet and get ruined over time. My G/F suggested I buy a glass display box and put it on the mantle so perhaps that's a route I'll take.

rinkrat
03-22-2005, 08:22 PM
In Vancouver they have a silent auction every game,there's always great autographed merchandise there.You may have seen it on the way in to the rink,while you were chanting... :thumb: Anyway the funds raised go towards the players scholarship $$.Why not donate it? Do they do a similar thing in Kelowna?