PDA

View Full Version : League speaks

Offsider
01-04-2008, 04:36 PM
Dean Chynoweth Swift Current Two games and $500.00 for g.m. versus Lethbridge on January 2. hope linesmen get something to

Flathead
01-04-2008, 06:31 PM
Dean Chynoweth Swift Current Two games and $500.00 for g.m. versus Lethbridge on January 2. hope linesmen get something to
I was wondering and hoping that the linesman may get something as well. If an official does get punished, is it ever made public?

Oh and Ern, Luongo got his SIXTH shut out last night, what's Turco at? lol lol lol

Big Ern
01-04-2008, 06:56 PM
I was wondering and hoping that the linesman may get something as well. If an official does get punished, is it ever made public?

Oh and Ern, Luongo got his SIXTH shut out last night, what's Turco at? lol lol lol

Luongo is a vampire and he sucks. Anyway...it matters where your team's at. The Stars are as good as Vancouver right now....in fact, I think they're at a dead tie points-wise.

FIVE FOR FIGHTING
01-05-2008, 12:15 AM
Is the coach allowed in the building or is he just banned from the bench during his suspension.

Big Ern
01-05-2008, 12:19 AM
Is the coach allowed in the building or is he just banned from the bench during his suspension.

I believe he is allowed in the stands during the game.

Scout
01-05-2008, 07:33 AM
This was Deans second offence. Usually a second offence brings a stiffer suspension. Sounds like when the league reviewed the incident they saw it was accidental on the linseman getting hit with the puck. Maybe they found the linseman partially at fault for Dean loosing it.

Scout

Big Ern
01-05-2008, 11:05 AM
This was Deans second offence. Usually a second offence brings a stiffer suspension. Sounds like when the league reviewed the incident they saw it was accidental on the linseman getting hit with the puck. Maybe they found the linseman partially at fault for Dean loosing it.

Scout

Scout, good point, but I don't think that was the case.

I think Dean's been great at showing good sportsmanship behind the bench. How often do you see him yelling at the refs, or complaining about officiating like say...Brent Parker? Not very often. When he does get mad, he goes ballistic, which we've seen in the two water bottle incidents. And it sure is entertaining for the fans! But from the league's standpoint, it takes three years for him to get that mad...type of deal. His offences against the officials are few and far between. So that might be the reason why he wasn't handed a stiffer suspension.

As far as the league and their officials, that whole operation is a joke. Here is a quoted piece from Switzer's Blog, which I think explains it PERFECTLY:

"Deano will get fined and miss two games and Kelly Balaberda will get a big wrist slap. The WHL brass does NOT like officials making headlines. It's a headache they don't want. Has anyone else noticed that Chris Savage has kept his name off the forums for the most part this year? Balaberda's wingman Devon Klein may be in the hot seat too, to a lesser extent.

Mind you...the referee who once caused a Swift Current coach to take his clothes off is now the director of officiating..."

Just my thoughts....

transplantedbronco
01-05-2008, 11:13 AM
I thought Deano would get at least 3 games. Happy it was only 2. I do think the league went easy on him after reviewing the tapes. If players cant swear at the officials then the officials cant swear at the player and many people heard Balbearba's F-BOMB.

On a side not this is interesting to say the least. Over at http://www.gdrinnan.blogspot.com, its reported that Dean hasnt signed that extension. I wonder if this is true, very interestion indeed.

Toswammi
01-05-2008, 11:56 AM
Ohhh the plot thickens

ointhecreek
01-05-2008, 12:29 PM
Hmmmmm. Interesting. Could explain why the signing wasn't announced.

ointhecreek
01-05-2008, 12:39 PM
As far as the league and their officials, that whole operation is a joke.
Just my thoughts....
I don't agree with you on this. I think the Dub is the best league in the country. The officiating, although not the best at times has improved over the last few years. With the exception of a couple of refs, there has been less b*tching and complaining. Can't call the whole league a joke because of a couple of run ins with a few. All said and done you simply can not throw things at the officials and I think Dean regrets losing it. It was kind of nice seeing him show some emotion for a change though.

Scout
01-05-2008, 03:26 PM
Switzer's Blog
The online presence of radio personality Ryan Switzer
Saturday, January 05, 2008

Deano, NOT GUILTY!

Bronco coach Dean Chynoweth got two games and a fine for his water bottle throwing hijinx which to me is a NOT Guilty verdict. Dean's 2nd offence of this nature and the fact that he actually connected in hitting the linesmen would warrant more. The fact is the league knew that the officials where being meatheads all game. Did you see the way the four of them where yucking it up all game? It reminded me of the movie Super Troopers. Devon Klien, the ring leader, Balaberda the veteran doing as he pleased, Sheldon Dean, the rookie who was probably the brunt of pranks and jokes and Darren Hoelha, the only one who took his job seriously all game.

Dean getting two games is the league's way of admitting the officiating (the behavior of one liney in particular) from earlier this week is a joke.

TIMMMAYYY

I'm curious to see how the Broncos will play for Tim Kehler tonite. Kehler approaches the game like no coach I've ever worked with in my five years of Bronco color. His is very laid back, and really a polar opposite to the Dave Hunchaks and Bryan Glynns of the world.

There are two types of coaches: The Taskmaster and the Players Coach. I have not seen Tim to be a Taskmaster by any means.

See you at the rink tonite.

R$

Toswammi
01-05-2008, 03:59 PM
Hmmmmm. Interesting. Could explain why the signing wasn't announced.

Yeah, i was thinking the same