PDA

View Full Version : Any trade rumblings?

Priceisright
01-04-2008, 08:30 PM
Anybody have insight to possible trades before the Jan 10 deadline? A stud defenseman?

I know we have an overage spot to fill correct?

Beaner
01-05-2008, 12:48 AM
Anybody have insight to possible trades before the Jan 10 deadline? A stud defenseman?

I know we have an overage spot to fill correct?

Yes we still have an overage spot available.

The rumor mill is still May from Regina, but for what who knows.

The other rumor I heard today was Wishart from PG, but I doubt that will happen.

I personally think that the Giants are looking for a goalie to backup Sexsmith, as it looks like Barnstable is never going to see the ice while he is here, and a Dman.

Love to see a guy like Westblom come here but I doubt that deal would happen.

I can't see the giants adding anything up front.

Swando
01-05-2008, 01:22 AM
I noticed 2 PG scouts at the game Friday nite. Might mean nothing. Also it is May from PA not Regina.

dondo
01-05-2008, 02:20 AM
as long as Palazzo goes the other way -- for anything ( a moldy sock) .. I'm happy. He has been simply awful lately and tonight he was beyond awful. he doesn't drop the gloves like he was supposed to and is a huge defensive liability

rinkrat
01-05-2008, 01:02 PM
, as it looks like Barnstable is never going to see the ice while he is here,

Barnstable is starting tonight in Seattle.

Arthur Fonzerelli
01-05-2008, 02:12 PM
It will be interesting to see if he finishes the game!

Swando
01-05-2008, 07:09 PM
as long as Palazzo goes the other way -- for anything ( a moldy sock) .. I'm happy. He has been simply awful lately and tonight he was beyond awful. he doesn't drop the gloves like he was supposed to and is a huge defensive liability

I'll raise you Gervais and a bag of pucks and take Palazzo. Gervais is the absolute worst player I think the Giants have had . And for a 3rd round pick makes it even worse.

dondo
01-05-2008, 10:29 PM
not fond of Gervais but I believe he's a 17 year old so I'll cut him some slack as I like his effort and a more complete game could come especially with Hayzer coaching him, but Palazzo is supposed to a defenseman (who is more of pilon than Gordie was), and supposed to be an enforcer, who yaps and yaps but never seems to actually drop the mitts and the two times I have watched him fight he has out and out sucked.

Priceisright
01-09-2008, 02:37 PM
Anybody think were gonna make a deal? Rumblings?

Kassian
01-09-2008, 02:39 PM
Anybody think were gonna make a deal? Rumblings?

Apparently the Giants have made a deal for a defenseman and it should be announced sometime this afternoon.

Priceisright
01-09-2008, 03:46 PM
Source? :confused:

Dwight Schrute
01-09-2008, 04:19 PM
may went to lethbridge but i had heard the giants had a heavy interest

eye4aneye
01-09-2008, 04:42 PM
may went to lethbridge but i had heard the giants had a heavy interest

Several teams were interested in May...I think I one point calgary and regina were too.

dagley
01-09-2008, 05:39 PM
I'm getting pissed at Regina, lol

Kassian
01-09-2008, 07:01 PM
Source? :confused:

A little late now but as you can see the deal is official.