PDA

View Full Version : Drinnans notes

eye4aneye
01-05-2008, 11:27 AM
After losing 2-0 to the visiting Brandon Wheat Kings on Wednesday, Red Deer Rebels head coach Brian Sutter had a thing or three to say about his club’s performance. Among his gems, as reported in the Red Deer Advocate, was this one about F Cody Esposito, who goes 6-foot-3 and 205 pounds: "You can't be built like Tarzan and play like Jane." . . .

I saw this in Drinnen's notes and thought it was great...I think Raider fans need a smile at the expense of another team! :p

Sabes
01-05-2008, 12:27 PM
I also like the quote because it can be transferred to some players on our team. A guy like Hewson can be a monster some games and others he wouldn't break an egg. The Raiders have always been successful when they had a tough team that could hit and fight. They were able to grind wins out. Now we are lucky if Voracek hits a guy or Hewson or Trach throws the odd hit. We miss players like Dane Byers, Rick Kozak, Kyle Bruce, Scott Hartnell and Mike Gauthier that could throw the body and create some energy.

eye4aneye
01-05-2008, 02:55 PM
But with the league rules changes that has made it a bit harder to draft that way. You can't have a bruiser team or you definetly live in the box

TheSnowman
01-06-2008, 07:46 PM
It's not so much that you can't bruise (just don't be cheap about it - bruising doesn't necessarily equal penalties) but that if you build your team mostly around guys that play that way you will be skated over by teams that "get it" and build around speed and skill.