PDA

View Full Version : Ross, Fraipont, Ofukany and Valach all gone

patsdude114
01-05-2008, 06:14 PM
The Trades....
Ross and Fraipont to Kamloops for Bender and Bartley

As sad as it is to see Ross being moved, the old saying you gotta give up something to get something. Boy did we get something back in return, Ryan Bender 6'2 215 last season had 230 pim along with 14 pts (this season 2A along with 114pim) Victor Bartley 6'1 205 had 43pts along with 104pim (this season has 18pts with 51pim) Bartley will take Ross's spot on the PP onec hes back from his groin injury. With this trade we get along more solid on the backend 2 very experienced Dmen in this league along with some added toughness on the back end. Not to mention Bender is a Regina kid, alot can be said for hometown boys coming home to play.

Ofukany and Valach to Red Deer for Jackson

God am I happy that we got rid of Valach, Ofukany has taken way to many games off and had requested for a trade. Boy i bet he wishes now that he wanted to compete each and everynight now on the worst and youngest team in the WHL, all i got to say is congrats to Ofukany and good luck on the remainder of the season.
Now onto the player we are getting back in return Dallas Jackson 6'2 188lbs this season has 4g for 13pts on the worst team in the league that spends alot of time in there own end last season he played for St.Albert of the AMHL in 32 games posted 16g 18a for 34pts, he's a rookie this season with some upside should be able to take Valach's spot on the PP.

I really like both these deals, and now we got a empty spot for a Euro maybe Parker is going to try and get Figren from Edmonton. I personally cant see Figren coming at too high of a cost being that he's a rented player type as he wont be back nexted season as a 20yr old, he will cost a prospect forsure who may be able to step in right away kinda like Miller did with Red Deer, but wont be the Miller type prospect tho.

Is there any other Euro's who may be available?

patsfan33
01-05-2008, 10:20 PM
no worries... Fegrin's gonna be wearing red white & blue pretty damn soon

Toswammi
01-05-2008, 10:21 PM
no worries... Fegrin's gonna be wearing red white & blue pretty damn soon

I think his price just went up after the WJHC

Rebel66
01-05-2008, 11:52 PM
Ofukany has taken way to many games off and had requested for a trade. Boy i bet he wishes now that he wanted to compete each and everynight now on the worst and youngest team in the WHL,

No, that would be Portland. They're way worse too! Red Deer are the second worst. :)

FYI Ofukany scored two goals on his debut tonight and was named 2nd star. He looked like he was enjoying himself out there.