PDA

View Full Version : WHL Reprimands Balaberda

Scout
01-05-2008, 08:21 PM
Keen's Korner

Saturday, January 05, 2008
WHL Reprimands Balaberda
Although the league doesn't make these things public, I've been told by a source close to the WHL that linesman Kelly Balaberda has been suspended for his next four game assignments.

It's also understood he will not be assigned to games in the I-plex in the near future, likely the rest of the season.

Kudos to the league for addressing the situation. They've shown compassion towards the WHL clubs in this instance.
Posted by Jon Keen at 6:49 PM

Sabes
01-05-2008, 11:21 PM
good we call him the faceoff-nazi here in PA. It seems every face-off has to have a lecture by Kelly before he drops the puck.

hitmanfan
01-05-2008, 11:52 PM
I don't understand what is with that. Just open your damn hand already and the puck will fall out on its own. It's gravity, just let it happen. Done rant

Scout
01-06-2008, 09:36 AM
Not to often you hear of an official the league is not happy with and gets disiplined for. It's usually kept hush hush. This guy has a real ego and seems to be on power trips in every rink. It's obvious the league were on Deans side on this and and if they thought it was intent by Stieler hitting the linseman with the puck Stieler would have been suspended also.

Scout