PDA

View Full Version : Molleken Gives Trade Deadline Thoughts

Scout
01-06-2008, 01:44 PM
Keen's Korner

Sunday, January 06, 2008
Molleken Gives Trade Deadline Thoughts

------------------------------

Saskatoon Blades Head Coach and G.M. Lorne Molleken gave his trade deadline thoughts on last night's broadcast. Once again I appreciate the honesty and openness amongst the G.M's this time of year. ...

On what the Blades are likely to do at the deadline....

"Obviously we're fielding numerous phone calls and we're listening. It's a situation where we're not going to trade any young players. We would look at entertaining some offers for some of our older players. As the next two or three days go by I'm sure things will become a bit more interesting"

On who teams are after on the Blades roster....

"They are looking at our top six forwards and that includes our two overage guys (Fiala and Durand). Gillies in my mind is untouchable and certainly there has been lots of interest in Justin Mcrae. We will sit back and look at it and if the right deal comes along we'll probably make that decision to move forward with it. But to this point we're just listening and we'll see what happens."

----------------

Posted by Jon Keen at 1:16 PM

Trav
01-06-2008, 02:07 PM
That's pretty lame lol. If they don't make a few trades then there's no point wasting fifteen bucks to see them lose cuz with the team they got now cuz they havent won since who knows when, oh yeah the game against Regina where they played the stupid trap all third period cuz they cant put the puck in the net. BORING!!!

Maybe Molleken is like Thompson who thinks Gillies is worth the same as Wishart, three good young players.

hobster
01-06-2008, 03:40 PM
That's pretty lame lol. If they don't make a few trades then there's no point wasting fifteen bucks to see them lose cuz with the team they got now cuz they havent won since who knows when, oh yeah the game against Regina where they played the stupid trap all third period cuz they cant put the puck in the net. BORING!!!

Maybe Molleken is like Thompson who thinks Gillies is worth the same as Wishart, three good young players.
I talked with Lorne yesterday at the the bantam pepsi tourney in stoon and he said if anything they will stay pat and stick with what they have.It's a great sign too see the big boss man going too these bantam tourney's he doesn't have too do that he could just leave it up too the scouts if he wanted too.

Trav
01-06-2008, 05:19 PM
Why keep Durand and Fiala if teams want them. The Blades wont make the playoffs (even if they pulled off a miracle and make the playoffs, they'll just get killed by the Hitmen) so why keep 20 yr olds when they could get something for them? something is better then nothing lol. Again they better do something.

hobster
01-06-2008, 07:11 PM
Why keep Durand and Fiala if teams want them. The Blades wont make the playoffs (even if they pulled off a miracle and make the playoffs, they'll just get killed by the Hitmen) so why keep 20 yr olds when they could get something for them? something is better then nothing lol. Again they better do something.
Just telling you what i heard from the main man himself

eye4aneye
01-06-2008, 10:40 PM
I talked with Lorne yesterday at the the bantam pepsi tourney in stoon and he said if anything they will stay pat and stick with what they have.It's a great sign too see the big boss man going too these bantam tourney's he doesn't have too do that he could just leave it up too the scouts if he wanted too.
Part of the Managers job is to go to these tournies...in your own backyard especially.

eye4aneye
01-06-2008, 10:42 PM
Just telling you what i heard from the main man himself
And talking to the public about what he is going to do is liking talking to the national enquirer. I am sure Lorne is really going to tell you his intentions :spineyes:

hobster
01-06-2008, 11:27 PM
And talking to the public about what he is going to do is liking talking to the national enquirer. I am sure Lorne is really going to tell you his intentions :spineyes:
Ok i guess your right on all counts must of been a clone

howley
01-07-2008, 12:30 AM
No one is saying it wasn't him. They are saying the chances that he is going to tell his actual plans to a random member of the public is pretty unlikely.