PDA

View Full Version : Blum back soon.

Beaner
01-06-2008, 02:40 PM
The Papers are reporting that Blum should be back in the lineup for Fridays game on the road vs Regina.

I watched both US games and while the US did not win any hardware, the good news is that Blum did play quality minutes for the US team. A regular shift with PP/PK time as well. He looked good out there, did get burned a couple times, but that is to be expected at a tournament with that quality of opponent.

old_time_hockey
01-07-2008, 12:26 AM
Yeah he did get burned, and it was the quality of the forwards he was up against...but also it speaks volumes of the US Dmen. Jon is used to playing with someone like Regner. In the game against Canada the goal that he got beat on he was trying to do it all. He had no help out there.

It also speaks volumes of the US system of taking the players that are drafted highest, or projected to go high rather than picking a TEAM.

dondo
01-07-2008, 01:03 AM
true enough we always hear how dominant the US squad will be, but it rarely happens and then we look at the Canadian squad and wonder why "x" didn't get on the squad or even an invite and the answer is that he didn't fit the make-up of the TEAM.

Its what I always say, hockey is a team game and the best team usually wins. It doesn't matter how skilled all the players are if they don't play as a unit they will not win.

I was impressed with the Swedish squad for that. They were a team and played as a unit and did not give up, which is what impressed and surprised me the most. Battling from behind just doesn't somehow seem -- Swedish. :D

Blummy was -2 for 6 games and had one assist -- not brilliant numbers by any stretch, but he probably was one of the youngest on the team and the only player from a Canadian based team, all the other players were college or US based team players.

Yeah Jonny we're all still pretty damn proud of you.

Beaner
01-07-2008, 01:19 AM
Actually the US team had a few OHL players as well. No Q guys.

Jeremy Smith (G), Kevin Montgomery (D), and Bobby Sanguinetti (D).

All played regular minutes.

old_time_hockey
01-07-2008, 02:16 AM
This edition of team Sweden was FAR more physical than normal. Moller I though wasn't himself. He almost looked nervous.

Welcome back Blummer!!! A WJHC medal would have been nice. But you have a Memorial Cup ring. How many of your US teammates can boast anything of that calibre? I'm up for another cup...I bet you are too! punk rock

dondo
01-07-2008, 02:22 AM
Actually the US team had a few OHL players as well. No Q guys.

Jeremy Smith (G), Kevin Montgomery (D), and Bobby Sanguinetti (D).

All played regular minutes.

missed that .. so Brampton and Kitchener .. Smith plays for the Plymouth Whalers so he's still an Amerc :p :thumb: