PDA

View Full Version : Trade Rumour

BruinsFan19
01-07-2008, 12:04 AM
On the Bruins fan forum there is a rumour that Kulhanek has been traded to Red Deer. Have you guys heard anything?

RebFan03
01-07-2008, 12:52 AM
Have heard this rumor as well for a defenceman

Coyote14
01-07-2008, 01:01 AM
We're hearing Matt Strong. If it's true... what could he bring to the Bruins? We particularly need a defenceman who can make a proper pass...

BruinsFan19
01-07-2008, 01:06 AM
LOL... he'll be paired with McCue...

Coyote14
01-07-2008, 01:34 AM
Maybe he'll teach him a thing or two as well lol.

Tinner
01-07-2008, 07:41 AM
At the start of the year, the Rebles were high on him......part of the rebuilding for the future

Coyote14
01-07-2008, 03:35 PM
Well, the rumour is true. The Bruins have announced it on their team site. You guys will be very happy with Kulhanek as he will work his tail off every shift for his team.

Shinyshoes
01-07-2008, 04:01 PM
Press release:

RED DEER, AB – The Red Deer Rebels Hockey Club announced today they have acquired 18-year old forward Colby Kulhanek from the Chilliwack Bruins in exchange for 17-year old defenceman Matt Strong.

Kulhanek is in his second season in the Western Hockey League and has 22 points in 40 games this year.

bruinsr#1
01-07-2008, 05:39 PM
At the start of the year, the Rebles were high on him......part of the rebuilding for the future

if they were high on him rebuilding there future then why did they trade him?

rednex50
01-07-2008, 06:05 PM
if they were high on him rebuilding there future then why did they trade him?

Ya, thats one of the million dollar questions....

The other one is...when where they high on him...While he was with Everett for his first 17 games this season...or during his 15 games he spent with the Rebels...

SectionNDeserter
01-07-2008, 06:27 PM
At the start of the year, the Rebles were high on him......part of the rebuilding for the futureHe wasn't here at the start of the year, he had only played 14 or 15 games for us, and while he was the throw-in in the Bauer for Sonne deal, he is a beast in front of his own net, and asked a number of older players to drop the gloves (which they all declined). Some of our defensemen had to go, as we have a disproportionate number of defensemen. Looks like we get a guy with some scoring touch, but Strong was one of our only defensemen that doesn't play "soft", so hopefully they re-address that before the trade deadline.

RebelsFan
01-07-2008, 06:46 PM
We don't have one tough defenceman left. Anyone know how long Kot is going to be out. I was at a practice a while back and he still isn't skating at all.

D_J
01-07-2008, 10:34 PM
Enjoy Colby.... he's a good player. Has decent size and grit, goes hard to the net and enough stickhandling finesse to give some finish. He got an increased roll with the Bruins this year and his numbers improved. Never takes a shift off either... I'll miss watching him.

Rebel66
01-07-2008, 10:39 PM
Enjoy Colby.... he's a good player. Has decent size and grit, goes hard to the net and enough stickhandling finesse to give some finish. He got an increased roll with the Bruins this year and his numbers improved. Never takes a shift off either... I'll miss watching him.

Excellent! Thanks for the input. I really cannot give you too much insight into Strong as we really didn't see him long enough in Red Deer. He's big and fairly tough. He didn't find any takers when trying to fight a number of opposition players. There were simply too many defenders on the Rebels. Trouble is they really don't have any tough players on D left.

D_J
01-07-2008, 10:44 PM
I forgot to mention... he's been on the first line PK and second line PP this season and both special team units have been bright spots for us this year... He goes both ways well, I think RD did well with this trade....

rednex50
01-08-2008, 12:52 AM
Kully was pretty much a team leader without a letter. He does whatever it takes to win. He can score, and set up plays, fight, was on the PP and PK units, not a bad guy at taking draws, never mails in a shift...pretty much the type of player Sutter wants on his team. He also is a great community guy, who puts up good grades in school. He's an all around good guy, good team mate, and was one of my 3 favorites on the B's.

Not sure how strong is, but I think short term Red Deer got the best of this deal.

I really hope you enjoy watching him. I know alot of B's fans will be missing him dearly.

clrkthj