PDA

View Full Version : Crosby to miss CHL Prospects Game

Mileflames
01-17-2005, 02:13 AM
TSN.ca
Sidney Crosby was supposed to be the main attraction at Wednesday's CHL Prospects Game in Vancouver, but will miss the annual junior showcase with an undisclosed injury.

Rebel66
01-17-2005, 11:56 AM
I'm willing to bet that there are some seriously disappointed people out there about this news. Some people were likely attending the game mainly to see Crosby. Oh well, that's the breaks....

Kassian
01-17-2005, 12:11 PM
I wonder what they plan on doing now. If you paid a certain price you got to eat dinner with either Crosby or Brule. Along with Don Cherry and John Davidson of course. They wouldn't stop bugging Vancouver season ticket holders about this. I'm glad I didn't pay that extra money now, LOL. :eek:

IceMan
01-17-2005, 12:20 PM
I'm pretty peeved by this. My son and I are driving up to Couv to see the game and skills stuff, and Crosby was one of the major reasons we were going.

Fight Guy
01-17-2005, 12:37 PM
That's definetly a major let down. I too would be super pissed if I had tickets and was mainly to see Crosby. Better be a bad enough injury to not play...lol...jk.

IceMan
01-17-2005, 01:41 PM
I have other business (hockey related) to conduct up there, or the 2 day trip would almost be a total loss.

Looking forward to seeing the Arena up there, though.

kelownakarl
01-17-2005, 06:41 PM
Wow I know some people from kelowna heading down and I feel bad for them as I am sure they would like to see The Cros in action....

Kassian
01-17-2005, 07:00 PM
Not that it really makes up for Crosby not playing, but they are trying to get Crosby to at least show up and attend the event.

Kamfan
01-17-2005, 07:12 PM
Not that it really makes up for Crosby not playing, but they are trying to get Crosby to at least show up and attend the event.

I think that would appease a lot of people if he made himself available for autographs during the event. I bet quite a few people were going just for that.

Kassian
01-17-2005, 08:49 PM
I agree. I haven't heard yet whether he will come or not but they've been talking about it on the radio a lot today. Hopefully they'll let us know either way sometime soon.

Duct Tape
01-17-2005, 09:58 PM
That's definetly a major let down. I too would be super pissed if I had tickets and was mainly to see Crosby. Better be a bad enough injury to not play...lol...jk.

From what i've heard its not any specific injury. He will not be missing any Oceanic games apparently, just skipping the wear&tear of another long trip to Vancouver for the Prospects events.

Its a shame, if i were out there i'd be wanting to see Crosby, and no doubt at least some of the promos have used him to sell tickets.

I don't know how much of the controvesy has reached you out west, but Mr Crosby was very upset by Q teams using him to boost their attendance through forcing fans to by 3-4 other games to get Rimouski tickets this year.

Later

DT

ScottyWazz
01-17-2005, 10:05 PM
I don't know if he's coming, but the Giants owner is none too pleased. (http://slam.canoe.ca/Slam/Hockey/News/2005/01/17/901505-cp.html)

Mileflames
01-17-2005, 11:10 PM
The owner just wants the money...

Did this 17 year old ask to be called the next big thing?

He was under 4 x the pressure as the rest of team Canada to do well at the WJC. For a 17 year old kid that is allot of stress, then going to a 3-2 day event where he will have all of Canada fallowing him ever place he goes...

Yeah it sucks that he wont go, but People in the QHL pay big money to see him play too, they almost force him to play when he is not 100%....thats has to be hard on him too.

When is this kid going to have any down time?? How would you be doing in your last year of high school if you had that much attention on you and the travel days....Is it not exam week too???

Sorry I am in a rush, I will fix the spelling and grammar later

Mileflames
01-18-2005, 01:28 AM
this says more what I wanted too say tsn.ca

Crosby's made himself a better #1 pick ... show off in a nothing game to help a greedy owner make some money, or rest to help your team? I want the guy who cares more about his team than his personal reputation.

Fight Guy
01-18-2005, 12:30 PM
I guess his back is bothering him. I bet ALOT of the people who bought tickets did to have the chance to see Crosby. Very disappointing.

Tiger Trauma
01-18-2005, 01:29 PM
Its too bad he cant play

Think if it was you.....The #1 pick no question about it...the game means nothing......might have a slight back problem.....if you play a less than stellar game everyone will complain!! ...There's no real reason to play....

Although on the other hand It would tick me off if I paid good money to see him...and he turns away because of his "injury" Its too bad he doesn't play in the dub where the real hockey is at!!

rinkrat
01-23-2005, 08:42 PM
2 goals,3 assists on friday and 2 goals,1 assist on Sunday.Ya really must be a bad injury!

rinkrat
01-24-2005, 09:40 PM
Federal Health Minister Francois Bergeron has declared that the provinces should all be given the same machines used to cure Sidney Crosby,in order to reduce the backlog of patients.8 points in 2 games 48 hrs later?