PDA

View Full Version : Wishart Going to Warriors

Speedy Broncs
01-07-2008, 03:31 PM
PRINCE GEORGE, BC- The Prince George Cougars have traded 19 year old D Ty Wishart, 19 year old F Evan Fuller, and a 2008 3rd Round Bantam selection to the Moose Jaw Warriors in exchange for 16 year old C Justin Maylan, 18 year old RW Brad Riege (“Ree-jh”), and a 2008 1st Round Bantam selection

CrazyGeorge
01-07-2008, 03:41 PM
Moose Jaw now has Ellerby and Wishart, Regina has Pyett, Teubert, and Bender....what do we have? Even if our d was healthy the best we had was RJ, Molle, and Doyle...Molle and RJ are pretty much done for the year so you'd hope we'd make some sort of deal to get a stay at home dmen or two. Can we allow Regina and Moose to acquire the players they do without us even trading for something?

Speedy Broncs
01-07-2008, 03:50 PM
Warriors gave up 2 1st round picks (Maylan their #1 in 2006 and now the 2008 1st round pick) plus another 18 year old in order to get Wishart -- will they go get their value out of the trade for Wishart?? Agree with you that we need some help on the back end - need to get Felde back up top to better utilize his skills. Saw Molle last night - walking in the stands, word is his knee cap is only bruised and not cracked ... won't be out as long as originally expected.

Believer
01-07-2008, 04:19 PM
Will they get their money's worth? of course they will. Even IF they don't go past the first or second round, they are going to have more fans come out to the games, watch the players, and get excited about thier chances, which by the way all helps the team. More people will spend more money, the crowds will be larger, the crowds will be noisier for their team that actually has names that can contend, AND they will have a better chance of getting further. I agree with the fact of the Broncos defense. All nice kids, but really, they aren;t going to measure up to Regina and Moose Jaw. Not to mention that our "speed forwards" are going to get slowed down a little from those big boys. Those big D are also going to be able to pass on work ethic, knowledge and what it takes to play to the younger ones in Regina and MJ that are still there. When is the last time the Broncos had a player like that ? An older player that picked up the younger players and elevated thier game. Usually it's the younger players with the Broncos that are challenging the older ones to top spots.

Broncs in RD
01-07-2008, 05:48 PM
Time to pack it in!!!!

Flathead
01-07-2008, 05:54 PM
Warriors gave up 2 1st round picks (Maylan their #1 in 2006 and now the 2008 1st round pick) plus another 18 year old in order to get Wishart -- will they go get their value out of the trade for Wishart?? Agree with you that we need some help on the back end - need to get Felde back up top to better utilize his skills. Saw Molle last night - walking in the stands, word is his knee cap is only bruised and not cracked ... won't be out as long as originally expected.
I think it's a good question if they'll get their value or not. Might hurt them in the long run but you can't say that they're not making a push for it this year and personally I think MJ has a better chance than Regina. Regina always finds a way to lose, we all remember what they did the last time they stacked up to host the Mem Cup.

Regina's "big boys" definitely didn't slow down our "speed forwards" last night, in fact most of the night Regina's Dmen looked big and slow and our forwards skated circles around them, how many penalties did our forwards force the Regina "D" to take. 6 out 8 penalties taken by Regina were by their highly toted "D".

With Molle and RJ possibly coming back I think if we can enter the playoffs healthy with one more good shut down defensive dman, possibly a defensive forward and playing like we did last night against Regina, we will be fine. Speed kills and it showed last night against Reginas big slow "D"

Broncs in RD
01-07-2008, 06:18 PM
What can we do now???? 3 options 1) Fire sale our 19's and get good return 2)Ssit pat and be no better next year? 3) Go out and get a Brandon Sutter and top notch SHUT DOWN DMAN and another gritty forward.

wardog fan
01-07-2008, 06:21 PM
good luck on getting sutter. but then again i never thought moose jaw would get ellerby and wishart.. wow

Toswammi
01-07-2008, 06:36 PM
Wow i like this trade, it is why i like Lang. That boy has the balls to shake up his team and make it better. Did he give up a lot, yeah, this trade will hurt them next year, but for this year its a good deal.

As for the Broncos i hope Dean picks a direction and goes with it. IMO the Broncos dont need that big name defenseman, they need to "steal" one of those unsung defenders that never get credit for what they do on the ice. I also wouldnt mind seeing them trade some one like Dans if they can get a high energy player in return.

Lastly (and this is the most contraversial) i would like team to pick up a 20 to replace RJ; assuming RJs concussion is even a sort of serious. The kid has concussion problems, and after each one it is easier to get one. I dont want to see him become a victim of too many, and would personally like to (at the least) have him a serious discussion on whether he should continue.

Some_Arrogant_Jerk
01-07-2008, 06:36 PM
I think it's a good question if they'll get their value or not. Might hurt them in the long run but you can't say that they're not making a push for it this year and personally I think MJ has a better chance than Regina. Regina always finds a way to lose, we all remember what they did the last time they stacked up to host the Mem Cup.

Regina's "big boys" definitely didn't slow down our "speed forwards" last night, in fact most of the night Regina's Dmen looked big and slow and our forwards skated circles around them, how many penalties did our forwards force the Regina "D" to take. 6 out 8 penalties taken by Regina were by their highly toted "D".

With Molle and RJ possibly coming back I think if we can enter the playoffs healthy with one more good shut down defensive dman, possibly a defensive forward and playing like we did last night against Regina, we will be fine. Speed kills and it showed last night against Reginas big slow "D"
I know better than most people how 2001 felt, but some forget that this is 2008. I dont think the past pats teams have much to do with this present team. Basically, the only thing that is the same are that the parkers are still here. This year, the pats stack up against MJ pretty well, as both are similar teams, so I think it will be interesting to see how both teams play during the 2nd half of the season.

As for being big and slow, especially on D, lets see how the speedy little broncos perform against us when we have a full lineup to contend with. Keep in mind, we are also going to fill in one final player into our lineup, who is most likely going to be a speedy, offensive european. Our new players also need time to gel with the rest of the team for us to play at our best, and some of the missing players also need to get back into the lineup, as we are missing a few impact players right now, like our top 2 defencemen, Watt, Kraus, and a few others.

I know SC is having injury troubles too. They are missing 2 of their game breaking 3rd pairing defencemen, and on top of that, a 16 year old too. I suppose you guys can say the same thing. vci34