PDA

View Full Version : moose jaw wins wishart sweepstakes

wardog fan
01-07-2008, 03:42 PM
PRINCE GEORGE, BC- The Prince George Cougars have traded 19 year old D Ty Wishart, 19 year old F Evan Fuller, and a 2008 3rd Round Bantam selection to the Moose Jaw Warriors in exchange for 16 year old C Justin Maylan, 18 year old RW Brad Riege (“Ree-jh”), and a 2008 1st Round Bantam selection.

Maylan, a 6’0”, 155 lbs. product of Calgary, AB, has recorded 1 goal, 5 assists, 6 points, and 8 PIM in 20 games played with the Warriors this season. Maylan also suited up for Team Pacific in the 2008 World U-17 Hockey Challenge this past December in London, Ont. , registering 3 goals, 4 assists, 7 points, and 6 PIM in 6 games.

Riege, a 6’2”, 200 lbs. native of Stoughton, SK, has tallied 4 goals, 3 assists, 7 points, and 59 PIM in 35 games with Moose Jaw this season.

“Ty leaves the Cougars with an extremely bright pro career ahead of him. We wish both him and Evan success with their new team”, says Cougars General Manager Dallas Thompson. “

“By acquiring a good, young talent in Maylan and an 18 year old RW in Riege, and by securing a 1st Round selection in the 2008 Bantam Draft, we feel we have made the transaction needed to help improve our team for the future”, finishes Thompson.

Triton
01-07-2008, 03:59 PM
Wow.

wardog fan
01-07-2008, 04:14 PM
wow is right , im speechless i dont know what to take on this . didnt see it coming at all. wow what a deal . wishart and ellerby together , scarey....

hobster
01-07-2008, 04:21 PM
wow is right , im speechless i dont know what to take on this . didnt see it coming at all. wow what a deal . wishart and ellerby together , scarey....
It's a gread deal for the tribe Wishart is your teams new quaterback for the pp thats scary but you also lose a first round bantam pick hopefull you guys can get that back sometime.

Hatguy
01-07-2008, 04:21 PM
WOW! Kinda sucks Chad traded Maylan though, that kid has a bright future. This is a nice response to all of Regina's trades.

WestLEAFfan
01-07-2008, 04:26 PM
So what kind of players are Maylan and Riege? Must be good for PG to be satisfied with the deal.

wardog fan
01-07-2008, 04:29 PM
well heres my take on this . i have had some time to think about it. one justin maylen is going to be a star in this league. second theres always a price to pay and unfortuneley it was either us or some other team making that price to improve their chances this year. now with that said i feel that this is the best time now for the warrior organization to make a slash and get people excited, with the new rink on the horizon and alot of talk downtown of paperwork and property being sold and bought things are bright in the city of moose jaw. hey warrior fans how about another spring like two years ago. lets get ready to raise the roof... this is going ot be fun.... go warriors.. hats off to chad lang, you are by far the best guy for our job, you do whatever it takes, the guy has balls and power to do it and i cant think of a another time that the warriors went out and got such high profile players. i dont think hes done we could use one more decent forward.. heres to a fun season

wardog fan
01-07-2008, 04:38 PM
Moose Jaw, SK: The Moose Jaw Warriors have acquired defenseman Ty Wishart, forward Evan Fuller and a 3rd round pick in the 2008 WHL Bantam draft in exchange for forwards Brad Riege, Justin Maylan and the Warriors 1st Bantam selection in 2008.

Wishart was the 1st round (16th overall) pick of the San Jose Sharks in the 2006 NHL Entry Draft and Prince George’s top scorer this season. The 6’5 203lbs Wishart is also the WHL’s leading defenseman in scoring with 12 goals and 28 assists for 40 points. Wishart, the native of Comox, BC, will bring more size and leadership to the Tribe’s defense. “He is a NHL 1st rounder that brings international and playoff experience to our team,” stated Warriors General Manager Chad Lang. “He is a leader and understands what it takes to win.”

Fuller was the 7th round (197th overall) pick of the Vancouver Canucks in the 2006 NHL Entry Draft. The 6’2, 190lbs native of Williams Lake, BC has 6 goals and 8 assists in his 24 games thus far this season.
“He is a four year veteran in the league that brings playoff experience along with an all around solid game,” added Lang about his second addition to the Tribe’s roster.

Both Wishart and Fuller will make their first appearance in a Warriors uniform on Wednesday January 9th as the Tribe takes on the Brandon Wheat Kings in their first home game in 2008. For tickets call the Warriors office at 694-5711, visit their downtown office at 422 Main St. or purchase your tickets online by clicking now!!!

patsdude114
01-07-2008, 05:15 PM
i must say nice addition to the Warriors..... Wishart is a big name Dman to go along with Ellerby.... will take off alot of pressure from Hamonic, Sauer, Stanton who are all young and were logging more mins then im sure Lang is comfortable with. There should always be either Wishart or Ellerby on the ice now which is great for the Warriors.

dagley
01-07-2008, 05:28 PM
This is scary, but also great for the East Division. With Brandon, Moose Jaw and Regina all having top-notch talent, this is shaping up to be a great stretch.

Hatguy
01-07-2008, 05:39 PM
Hopefully more folks will start showing up for games now because we have a very skilled team that should make some noise come playoff time. Maybe this will get people excited about the Warriors again as the Multiplex has been a huge distraction.

wardog fan
01-07-2008, 05:41 PM
the multiplex hasnt been a distraction. if anything this is a huge thing for it , will get people excited , this is the year for everything to fall into place. i heard today a millionaire hotel firm is in talks now about downtown. alot of of movement is going on in the core of the town... its only a matter of time before some major annoucements come up

Hatguy
01-07-2008, 06:16 PM
the multiplex hasnt been a distraction. if anything this is a huge thing for it , will get people excited , this is the year for everything to fall into place. i heard today a millionaire hotel firm is in talks now about downtown. alot of of movement is going on in the core of the town... its only a matter of time before some major annoucements come up

Don't get me wrong here, I'm all for the multiplex and the growth of this city, I'm just saying that people have cared more about the rink than the actually team as of late.

wardog fan
01-07-2008, 06:20 PM
well put it this way no team and anew rink would look bad. i think and this is my own two cents , cheer the team, the rink will come.. just like the movie if you build it they will come.. well there you go...... go warriors.. and another two cents, at the price you pay to see high class hockey and now with high class players on our team our rink should be and i have a feeling will be full ... this team and league we have is second to none the best thing this city will ever have..

skinnyhead
01-08-2008, 06:42 PM
i don't care where the damn multiplex goes, i most likely won't be in this city when it is finally built if at all. I just want to see that ass-clown of a council get er done

Triton
01-08-2008, 06:46 PM
i don't care where the damn multiplex goes, i most likely won't be in this city when it is finally built if at all. I just want to see that ass-clown of a council get er done

Your not leaving me are you?

bryyan
02-01-2008, 03:07 PM
This is scary, but also great for the East Division. With Brandon, Moose Jaw and Regina all having top-notch talent, this is shaping up to be a great stretch.

Wishart is not an impact player, Chad Lang couldnt organize a cubscout meeting, he does have nice hair gel though punk rock

hobster
02-01-2008, 03:34 PM
Huh Wishart is not a impact player, ok i hope your kidding

bryyan
02-02-2008, 09:31 AM
what is the holdup with the new rink? Id be a tad ticked to see MooseJaw leave. Saskatoon isnt a rivalry, Swifty is getting there, but it aint a rivalry without the warriors. Get the arena done before the costs triple. :thumb:

Hatguy
02-02-2008, 02:17 PM
I've heard good things recently and the plan is to have a shovel in the ground by spring. Don't know if we'll succeed there, but I've heard some real postive things as of late. The current issue is location.

bryyan
02-02-2008, 03:07 PM
Good, we need Moose Jaw to stay put

the flying moose
02-12-2008, 06:26 PM

coming from a PG fan I would have to agree that he isn't an impact player. he never hit, was afraid to take the body and rarely looked like he was giving it 100% out there.

i would have traded maylan for wishart straight up. maylan will be an awesome player for years to come and wishart will be in the AHL next season.

patsdude114
02-13-2008, 12:37 PM

I dont think Wishart is a impact player either, yes hes big hard to miss out on the ice. His defensive game is just alittle ahead of Valach (on RD) Wishart has some great offensive skills, in my mind wasnt worth Maylan and a 1st round pick.

If Wishart was such a impact player he would of beat out Pyett on Team Canada. Wishart and Pyett are both simliar players just Wishart has the size on Pyett. Pyett will at least attempt to rub someone out, I didnt see anything close to a attempt by Wishart in the 3 games i have seen him play (against PA, SSK and REG) hes got reach and thats about it to be honest, im really glad Parker didnt go out and get this guy, cuz hes not worth the price tag forsure.

dagley
02-14-2008, 02:17 PM
Good, we need Moose Jaw to stay put

We're coming for you.