PDA

View Full Version : Rod's BLOG this guy is a piece!!!!!

Broncs in RD
01-07-2008, 06:14 PM
What is with Rod's blog? How can this guy call himself a professional! First he rips our rink, well MR. Pedersen that crappy place the pats play in is no better actually it IS one of the worst rinks to play in throughout the WHL, this coming from several players that I know personally. To use the excuse that you were missing players during the game well that is the most retarded thing I have ever heard come out of your mouth, Did you look at the scratches for that game I am guessing you didn't because we were without our top 2 defensive Dmen and still held you guys to what 19 shots....lol you are pathetic!!!!! Good ole Rod king of the Pats and Regina. You couldn't even handle a little ribbing from the fans this blog shows your lack of class, knowledge of hockey, and dignity. Take it Rod you guys lost to a team weaken than you in the standings got DOMINATED by a younger defense a speedier team and better goaltending.

Toswammi
01-07-2008, 06:27 PM
Rumor has it, he called security cause of the ribbing

wardog fan
01-07-2008, 06:29 PM
hes a classless act.....

Some_Arrogant_Jerk
01-07-2008, 06:52 PM
What is with Rod's blog? How can this guy call himself a professional! First he rips our rink, well MR. Pedersen that crappy place the pats play in is no better actually it IS one of the worst rinks to play in throughout the WHL, this coming from several players that I know personally. To use the excuse that you were missing players during the game well that is the most retarded thing I have ever heard come out of your mouth, Did you look at the scratches for that game I am guessing you didn't because we were without our top 2 defensive Dmen and still held you guys to what 19 shots....lol you are pathetic!!!!! Good ole Rod king of the Pats and Regina. You couldn't even handle a little ribbing from the fans this blog shows your lack of class, knowledge of hockey, and dignity. Take it Rod you guys lost to a team weaken than you in the standings got DOMINATED by a younger defense a speedier team and better goaltending.

You are about to explode here. and he never did rip the rink in hia blog(recently). I believe the quote was ""They look like jail cells to me," quipped one Pat before the game." It wasnt Roddy who quoted that, but someone else...though I can imagine him, and others might agree.

That is, unless you are refering to something else... I didnt listen to the actual broadcast, but I doubt that all of the bronco fans are as friendly to him as a guy like Big Ern is to him.

I beg to differ about how bad the brandt center is. Its all a matter of an opinion, but I think Regina's rink is pretty decent. As for that game, in retrospect, it wasnt that meaningful of a game. Both teams WERE missing alot of players, especially the pats. We will see how the teams play against each other when they are both more healthy.

And, may I ask, why do you read Rod's blog if you obviously dont like him that much?

Big Ern
01-07-2008, 07:14 PM
I thought I had to add my four cents on this.

I'm a fan of Rod Pedersen....no hard feelings.

Quite frankly, he's a class act. And it's not because we're both Dallas Stars fans, or because I'm with him in the broadcast booth sometimes. It's because he is one of few broadcasters in this league that is down to earth. Not only is he the Pats' announcer, but also the voice of the famous Saskatchewan Roughriders. Still, he is a down-to-earth guy, and indeed carries himself in a very professional way. Also, he is AWESOME at what he does, be it football, or hockey. He can switch from one to the other in a matter of half a day when he has to...I would think that's not an easy task. Every announcer in this league is a homer announcer...face it. What's different with Roddy, is that he brings it out in a sudden type of format, which sometimes makes me crack up with laughter. If you take it the wrong way, of course it sounds ugly. But if you know him away from the broadcast booth, he is a rare one. He's a great person.

Here are some incidents that have occured, and my best explanation of each:

-as far as the "Vaseline incident" last season, and the rivalry with our fans that he has: There is a fine line between being competetive and taking it to the extreme. Our fans take it to the extreme by beating the h*ll out of the broadcast booth when he visits our barn, an obvious distraction on his broadcast. Quite frankly, that's not needed. He used the Vaseline in an attempt to stop that behaviour.

-the delinquent kids at the bottom of the booth yelling at him: I talked to him after the game, and he said he hadn't called security up, but they had shown up on their own. He doesn't go nuts about those kids yelling up at him...in fact, it's rather amusing to him.

-spicing up the blog last night: This guy is a professional who puts a lot of effort into his blog.....he's trying to sell his product. Of course he will spice it up. Have you ever read a newspaper that's nothing but the truth, and the whole truth? Probably not. This is the same situation.

I don't know what you all think, but here's a final thought. He's a class act, a great person, the voice of the Riders, and a great friend of mine. And that won't change anytime soon.

ointhecreek
01-07-2008, 08:11 PM
Big ern, you've got your blinders on again for someone thats nice to you. Every time the pats lose to Swift he whines and has all kinds of excuses, never gives credit when its due. Due you really think Weise speared some pats 3 times? He only tells half truths to make the pats look good. As far as the boxes looking like jail cells, maybe he didn't say it but he could have mentioned that they aren't finished yet instead of leaving the impression they were. He brings all the harassment on himself as far as I'm concerned. Not classy and not professional. I use to read his blog to keep up with info on the riders which I will admit is a good blog in football season.

Bran
01-07-2008, 11:11 PM
Rod Pedersen loves how worked up you guys get over what he says and you can bet the Pats do too. You guys go on and on and on about what he says and what he does and "Homer Rod said this" and "Booo Rod that"...all you're doing is creating controversy and hype which does nothing but benefit the Pats. You make a huge deal out of nothing (or very little) and he gets a ton of attention. He brings this harrassment on himself? Sure he does! Because it's good for his team. He is a much smarter man than you guys give him credit for. For the most part, his "whining" is reporting back on what happens in Swift (and any other city...). If people are so offended by that then maybe there's a problem that needs to be addressed...Or not. It's fun watching you guys get up in arms because the big bad radio man said something mean! I've gotta go to a game in Swift...lately you guys are way more fun than Warrior fans.

You were 1/8 on the PP and Yonkman faced 15 fewer shots than Rowat. How is that better goaltending?

Big Ern
01-07-2008, 11:17 PM
Big ern, you've got your blinders on again for someone thats nice to you. Every time the pats lose to Swift he whines and has all kinds of excuses, never gives credit when its due. Due you really think Weise speared some pats 3 times? He only tells half truths to make the pats look good. As far as the boxes looking like jail cells, maybe he didn't say it but he could have mentioned that they aren't finished yet instead of leaving the impression they were. He brings all the harassment on himself as far as I'm concerned. Not classy and not professional. I use to read his blog to keep up with info on the riders which I will admit is a good blog in football season.

Don't say I have blinders on, because in this situation, I don't. What some of you are posting on this topic is just getting stupid.

ointhecreek
01-08-2008, 12:20 AM
Rod Pedersen loves how worked up you guys get over what he says and you can bet the Pats do too. You guys go on and on and on about what he says and what he does and "Homer Rod said this" and "Booo Rod that"...all you're doing is creating controversy and hype which does nothing but benefit the Pats. You make a huge deal out of nothing (or very little) and he gets a ton of attention. He brings this harrassment on himself? Sure he does! Because it's good for his team. He is a much smarter man than you guys give him credit for. For the most part, his "whining" is reporting back on what happens in Swift (and any other city...). If people are so offended by that then maybe there's a problem that needs to be addressed...Or not. It's fun watching you guys get up in arms because the big bad radio man said something mean! I've gotta go to a game in Swift...lately you guys are way more fun than Warrior fans.

You were 1/8 on the PP and Yonkman faced 15 fewer shots than Rowat. How is that better goaltending?

Benefits the Pats? How so? I don't think the players on either side gives a rats behind what the fans have going with Pederson. If they do then their focus is on the wrong thing. Pederson just looks childish and stupid arguing with a bunch of "juvenile delinquents" giving him a hard time. I don't think anyone is "really up in arms" over anything, just stating their opinion on his so called professionalism and for the most part laughing at him. I'm not sure about the goaltending point your making. I thought Rowat was standing on his head all game and if it wasn't for him the score would have been a lot higher. Broncos out played the pats all night, which I never expected.

Bran
01-08-2008, 02:51 PM
Benefits the Pats? How so? I don't think the players on either side gives a rats behind what the fans have going with Pederson. If they do then their focus is on the wrong thing. Pederson just looks childish and stupid arguing with a bunch of "juvenile delinquents" giving him a hard time. I don't think anyone is "really up in arms" over anything, just stating their opinion on his so called professionalism and for the most part laughing at him. I'm not sure about the goaltending point your making. I thought Rowat was standing on his head all game and if it wasn't for him the score would have been a lot higher. Broncos out played the pats all night, which I never expected.
The players think it's quite funny, however, I am not talking about that. Some of you go on and on and make a huge deal out of it and create this hype. People want to know what all the fuss is about and so they check it out. All you're doing is creating interest in the team from people who normally wouldn't think about the Pats. You create hype amongst even casual fans. It's what rivalries are about. I think it's a good thing. And, yeah, it does benefit the team...probably benefits the Broncos as well. You don't think teams feed off of that stuff? It creates interest in both teams and the players feed off the hype.

As for the goaltending comment, I was refering to this:

You couldn't even handle a little ribbing from the fans this blog shows your lack of class, knowledge of hockey, and dignity. Take it Rod you guys lost to a team weaken than you in the standings got DOMINATED by a younger defense a speedier team and better goaltending.

Hatguy
01-08-2008, 03:05 PM
If my opinion matters for anything, I don't mind Roddie (During Rider season ;) ) and this is coming from a Warrior fan.

CrazyGeorge
01-08-2008, 03:28 PM
Ern, do you have plans to be an announcer down the road or what? I was at a game in Swift and you were at the top of the section I was in, if announcers are suppose to be annoying you're the best in the league...but on a side note, you do show a passion for the Broncos and that's definetly a good thing....good to hear you announcing at the pee wee hockey games, soon it will be midget games eh?

Bran
01-08-2008, 05:37 PM
If my opinion matters for anything, I don't mind Roddie (During Rider season ;) ) and this is coming from a Warrior fan.
Exactly. Most of these guys probably love him during Rider season! He's a guy that you love to hate because he's not afraid to shake things up or get people riled up. Heck, he says things that bother me too, sometimes, and I'm on his side! The Pats love it, the Riders are a little more cautious, I think...lol. Love him or hate him, guys like that are good for the league.

eye4aneye
01-08-2008, 07:12 PM
You guys are funny.....pederson likes to stir the pot a bit and you give him the satisfaction.. You can't think he isn't reading this stuff basking in the written attention? He is probably cutting and pasting for his scrap bookssssss

dodywood4ever
01-08-2008, 07:18 PM
All these guys blowing sunshine up hot rods rectum make me laugh. Wait til he blasts the team they pull for and then watch the big 180's they pull.

urbanroots
01-09-2008, 01:38 AM
Do you guys even have a radio station in Swift Current? :laugh:

Who's the star announcer? Weird how no one else in the league has heard about them and yet 4-5 teams have gotten in on this post who know about Roddy.

Might be a marketing lesson for you guys and the team, especially after I noticed a banner add on the Bronco home page for a $49/night or $499/mth hotel room. What the hell? I know guys who pay more for a side of the highway oil field pit stop motel. Something isn't right in that town if you can get a hotel room for $49/night and they are paying to market that!

stick boy
01-09-2008, 01:48 AM
What are you even talking about with the hotel rooms????????

I think most people know Mr. Pederson from his role as the voice of the Roughriders and only a few know him as the voice of the Pats. The fan base of the Roughriders is slightly larger than a small market WHL team so what is your point??

Broncs in RD
01-09-2008, 02:11 AM
*** are you talking about with the hotel crap? You make yourself look stupid this is a hockey forum not a Expedia.co chat site. BTW Red Deer has 69$ a night hotel rooms as well. Great post RODDY

urbanroots
01-09-2008, 02:30 AM
What are you even talking about with the hotel rooms????????

I think most people know Mr. Pederson from his role as the voice of the Roughriders and only a few know him as the voice of the Pats. The fan base of the Roughriders is slightly larger than a small market WHL team so what is your point??

What I'm getting at is you guys don't understand the reason Roddy posted that on his blog was to get you all worked up and create a buzz and it's worked.

The comment on the hotel rooms is an example of how we can see that you Swift Current folks wouldn't know what marketing is as you have a major sponsor who is spending $$$ to market a $49/night hotel room. Not the brightest idea if you ask me.

Also I would like to point out that you all are complaining about what Roddy says on the radio during the Pats games, why the hell are you listening to him, don't you have local coverage of your own team?

Another point that his marketing is working, he has local people listening to his station that isn't even the same market.

urbanroots
01-09-2008, 02:33 AM
*** are you talking about with the hotel crap? You make yourself look stupid this is a hockey forum not a Expedia.co chat site. BTW Red Deer has 69$ a night hotel rooms as well. Great post RODDY

Actually I beg to differ on the stupid comment. Read my other post about how the marketing and how an out of town radio broadcaster has locals abonding their local station to listen to him when he's in town.

urbanroots
01-09-2008, 02:40 AM
I think I might go on the Jail House tour on Jan 26th when the Pats visit Swift Current again.

Might put together a bus load of guys and we'll rent those bad boys and show up in some striped outfits with Roddy signs. :laugh: :laugh:

stick boy
01-09-2008, 03:13 AM
That stupid advertising tactic has you talking about that hotel on a hockey forum, can't be that dumb of a way to spend a little cash.

urbanroots
01-09-2008, 03:25 AM
That stupid advertising tactic has you talking about that hotel on a hockey forum, can't be that dumb of a way to spend a little cash.

k... forget the hotel theory as that was way over your head.

The main point is Roddy has you right where he wants you, listening to his show instead of your local station and reading his blog.

Toswammi
01-09-2008, 08:32 AM

The main point is Roddy has you right where he wants you, listening to his show instead of your local station and reading his blog.

Other than Ern i dont think anyone in Swift actually listens to him though. Most of the comments on here are after his summary of the Broncos/Pats game

Toswammi
01-09-2008, 08:33 AM
I think I might go on the Jail House tour on Jan 26th when the Pats visit Swift Current again.

Might put together a bus load of guys and we'll rent those bad boys and show up in some striped outfits with Roddy signs. :laugh: :laugh:

Those "jail cells" i think are the boxes, but i really dunno. If so you wont be able to get those

ointhecreek
01-09-2008, 08:46 AM

What I find funny is that Roddy stayed at that very motel. haha