PDA

View Full Version : blades/chiefs trade

wango tango
01-07-2008, 08:06 PM
The Saskatoon Blades have announced they have traded 19 year old forward Justin McCrae to the Spokane Chiefs in exchange for Chris Langkow, Burke Gallimore, and a conditional 3rd round draft choice in 2009.

Langkow, who was the Chiefs 5th round selection (96th overall) in the 2004 WHL Bantam Draft, is a 6’1” 185. centre/right wing. The 18 year old Vegreville, AB product appeared in 39 games with the Chiefs in 2007/08, recording 7 goals and 8 assists while posting 14 penalty minutes.

Gallimore is a former 2nd round selection (23rd overall) by the Chiefs in the 2006 WHL Bantam Draft. The 5’11”, 190lbs. Burke has spent the entire 2007/08 season with the CAC Gregg Distributor’s of the AMHL where he is currently 4th in league scoring with 39 points (15G; 24A) in 25 games played. Gallimore has helped lead the Distributor’s to a 20-2-4 record so far this season. Gallimore is from Edmonton, AB.

wango tango
01-07-2008, 08:08 PM
mccrae was nothing but loyal to the blades. he is truly one of the good kids i have had the fortune to meet. best of luck justin.

Trav
01-07-2008, 08:13 PM
but to get two young guys that should get loads of playing time who has done well in Alberta Midget league and a possible pick, cant really turn that down. Langkow has struggled a bit but hopefully coming here and being closer to home will help him. I like the deal, although it is tough to see Justin go but at the same time, the Blades got two younger players that will hopefully make an impact in the future.

hobster
01-07-2008, 08:14 PM
I think the Blades did quit well in this deal the main player coming too the Blades i feel is Burek Gallimore who finnished with more points than Cole Penner did in the same leageu last season.

Trav
01-07-2008, 08:24 PM
player in the deal most likely.

GBG BLEED BLUE
01-07-2008, 08:28 PM
I think the Blades did quit well in this deal the main player coming too the Blades i feel is Burek Gallimore who finnished with more points than Cole Penner did in the same leageu last season.

I think the Blades did well in this trade,adding younger players for the future,and Yes Justin McCrae was a good person/hockey player,and now he has a chance to possibly win a Memorial Cup. All the best to him and his new team,and now is the question will both Langkow and Gallimore be in the line-up? If so who sits out?

hobster
01-07-2008, 08:32 PM
Now with Gallimore we have 5 16 year old's Elliott Hamilton Berg Dzurzinski and now Gallimore. Elliott and hamilton are locks obviously Berg was called up for the rest of the season ahwile back and just today Dzurzynski has been called up for the remainder of the season. So im thinking we will have him up next season full time and maybe a call up a couple times this season so they can get a solid look at him. Even tho he's gonna be a light up player in this league he was even picked higher than Glennie was.

hobster
01-07-2008, 08:34 PM
I do realize that not everyone is the greatest speller in the world but,the small words like that I think everyone should be able to spell.

Anyways,the trade I think the Blades did well in this trade,adding younger players for the future,and Yes Justin McCrae was a good person/hockey player,and now he has a chance to possibly win a Memorial Cup. All the best to him and his new team,and now is the question will both Langkow and Gallimore be in the line-up? If so who sits out?Oops i made a blip. If you couldn't understand my last coment don't call me out on it in front everyone. Next time have a little more class and send me a pvt msg ok.

eye4aneye
01-07-2008, 09:14 PM
I guess the main man made a trade?

hobster
01-07-2008, 09:17 PM
Yes good job by Lorne in this deal I guess if Colton Gillies stays he will be our new captain im thinking. :clap:

Triton
01-07-2008, 10:11 PM
I wanted McCrae to come to Brandon.

hobster
01-07-2008, 10:24 PM
I wanted McCrae to come to Brandon.Well if we would have done the trade with the wheaties you would have tried too get Jordon Depape Cale Jeffries and a 3rd round pick in 09 for McCrae

Trav
01-07-2008, 11:02 PM
have traded Justin to a eastern team though, unless the offer was really good and no im not suggesting Schenn or Glennie in return lol. That'd be dumb lol.

hobster
01-07-2008, 11:09 PM
have traded Justin to a eastern team though, unless the offer was really good and no im not suggesting Schenn or Glennie in return lol. That'd be dumb lol.
In all honesty it would have not matterd if we traded Justin too a east team or not. Cause most likly he wont be back next year lorne likes too make sure these guys are going pro the following year before he makes the deal and he has alot of NHL contacs so it is kind of believable.

Trav
01-07-2008, 11:25 PM
a 3rd round pick providing he comes back as an overager then I'd be hoping he does. 3rd round is still a decent pick.

hobster
01-07-2008, 11:29 PM
Just heard on Global sportsline that Langkow and Gallimore will be in the lineup tomorrow. We will get too watch them both first hand on Wednesday in Red Deer as the game is being telavised.

Tidball
01-08-2008, 03:58 PM
Just heard on Global sportsline that Langkow and Gallimore will be in the lineup tomorrow. We will get too watch them both first hand on Wednesday in Red Deer as the game is being telavised.I hope hes in the lineup tonight. Gallimore is from edmonton so who knows.

hobster
01-08-2008, 04:09 PM
I hope hes in the lineup tonight. Gallimore is from edmonton so who knows.
Yes he is supose too be in the lineup tonight so im thinking we will either scratch Berg or Dzurzynski so he play. We can't dress 5 16 year olds thats all i know. So im thinking Dzurzynski Hamilton Elliott and Gallimore will be the ones playing. After the deadline i think you might see Braid and Belyk reasigned and maybe even Philp so Gallimore and Dzurzynski can play more.

HomerSimpson
01-08-2008, 08:26 PM
You guys win this deal outright - unless Justin McCrae and the Chiefs go all the way this year.

In Langkow, you get a guy who probably could play on the top line for alot of teams. He definately has the skill anyways, but was only a third liner here; hopefully this will be a great opportunity for him. He's a good kid who's got great size and might be one of the better puckhandlers in the league.

In Gallimore though, IMO you get one of the top offensive prospects in the entire WHL. This kid oozed skill in our training camp, at one point I was pencilling him in on a 2nd line for us this year. I think the team felt he may be better off developing elsewhere where he might get more playing time though. He's definately a WHLer very, very soon.