PDA

View Full Version : Do Sutter and Reimer get dealt?

Rebel66
01-07-2008, 10:26 PM
And if so, how much do you think that the Rebels can get for them?

minirep
01-07-2008, 10:31 PM
Hopefully to Swifty. We will take Louis also.

RDRebelsfan
01-07-2008, 10:33 PM
there is some outlandish rumour on the other whl forum saying egener, reimer and sutter to brandon for king, glennie AND a pick, no way does Brandon trade Glennie.

Rebel66
01-07-2008, 11:01 PM
there is some outlandish rumour on the other whl forum saying egener, reimer and sutter to brandon for king, glennie AND a pick, no way does Brandon trade Glennie.

Glennie would be a major coup for the Rebels. I simply cannot see Brandon parting with him. The Wheaties are having a bit of a bonus season. Nothing was expected of them. Why would they mortgage their future at this point? I guess stranger things have happened though.

rebelfan
01-08-2008, 01:41 AM
I've heard Sutter & Reimer to Brandon but what would Brandon send back? Not Caliguri, they will need him next year if Reimer doesn't return to WHL..Red Deer needs a seasoned goalie to help out Clark this year. I can't see Glennie either. I'd like to see Reimer go to Calgary. They could send Spence to shore up Clark. Spence has decent numbers if not always consistent nights. Clark shows signs of talent but his numbers have been terrible of late. He could probably learn a lot from Spence.

wango tango
01-08-2008, 11:50 AM
why not sutter and reimer to regina? pretty soon they'll be the regina rebels :D !

dagley
01-08-2008, 11:55 AM
HAHA, Glennie getting traded is probably the funniest thing I've ever heard. Why would we trade away Glennie, a 16 year old whos going to score 50 goals when hes 18 or 19 playing with Brayden Schenn who will win the scoring title in a few years for a goaltender and Sutter? It wont happen.

Speedy Broncs
01-08-2008, 12:06 PM
Who would Swifty be sending to get Reimer and Sutter?

Shinyshoes
01-08-2008, 12:06 PM
I cant see the Rebels trading Brandon Sutter, only based on my opinion that he will not make the NHL next year. If he doesnt make the NHL, he will only be a 19 year old, which means he will have to play in the WHL. I could definatly see him going at next year's trade deadline, but not this year.

As for Reimer, he will be 20 next year, so he is able to play in the minors. Im pretty sure Toronto could find him a spot in the AHL, ECHL, CHL, UHL, etc. The only problem, is that there aren't many teams looking for an upgrade in goal, and if they are, they are probly looking at Irving first.

Just my $0.02

Rebel66
01-08-2008, 12:19 PM
I cant see the Rebels trading Brandon Sutter, only based on my opinion that he will not make the NHL next year.

The only problem, is that there aren't many teams looking for an upgrade in goal, and if they are, they are probly looking at Irving first.

I can't see Sutter getting traded for anything less than a Glennie type player. That would be a very steep price that most teams would not be willing to pay.

I agree that Irving likely is a goalie that is likely interesting a number of teams. The Hitmen look to be a perfect place for him to be moved to, what with their need for an elite type goaltender and them being owned by the Flames. Irving being their property and all.

There is absolutely no doubt that Reimer is being shopped and has been for a while. The Rebels have stocked all on goaltenders for that very reason. I'd be surprised if he didn't move somewhere.

Shinyshoes
01-09-2008, 11:54 AM
There is a quote from Randy Peterson in the advocate that echos what i said yesterday
In Hoping to halt the endless rumours circulating throughout the league, Rebels vice-president of hockey operations Randy Peterson insisted Tuesday that forward Brandon Sutter will not be dealt prior to or at Thursday’s trade deadline.

“He’s the face of the franchise. There are certain players you don’t move,” said Peterson, who has fielded a large number of inquiries regarding the availability of the Rebels captain.

There has also been interest shown in James Reimer, although the Rebels are hesitant to move the veteran netminder because (a) second-year stopper Morgan Clark has struggled in his most recent outings and (b) it’s possible that the Toronto Maple Leafs will sign Reimer to a pro contract this year and assign him back to the junior ranks for the 2008-09 season. Overage defenceman Mark Louis is another Rebel who may be attractive to the right suitor, say the Vancouver Giants, but his presence has bolstered a relatively young Red Deer blueline and his value as a mentor is priceless.

Sounds like we are probly done with major trades this year.

Rebel66
01-09-2008, 03:02 PM
There is a quote from Randy Peterson in the advocate that echos what i said yesterday

Sounds like we are probly done with major trades this year.

Yeah, certainly sounds like it. However, you never know, right? If a team gets desperate enough then they may offer the Rebels an offer they cannot refuse.
Personally, I doubt that such an offer is out there though.

RebelsFan
01-09-2008, 03:30 PM
I think the fact that Brent feels that Brandon is " the face of the Rebel's" is worth more than any other GM in the league is willing to pay. Brandon's highest value would still be for Brent. Brent has probably placed a value on Brandon that is more than any other GM is interested in dealing for. Does that make any sense? I am having a hard time putting this one in writing.

Red celtic
01-09-2008, 04:26 PM
I think the fact that Brent feels that Brandon is " the face of the Rebel's" is worth more than any other GM in the league is willing to pay. Brandon's highest value would still be for Brent. Brent has probably placed a value on Brandon that is more than any other GM is interested in dealing for. Does that make any sense? I am having a hard time putting this one in writing.
Sounds like you are unhappy that the management has placed to high a value on Brandon. Or is it that the management team is negotiating through the media telling teams to either crap or get off the pot. I would hope that they are looking to getting the utmost out of any trade.
vci34

RebelsFan
01-09-2008, 04:55 PM
No, I'm not unhappy with a high price on Brandon and don't mind if he stays here. I guess I am just saying that maybe Brent has put a price on Brandon that others GM's don't feel he's worth. Now that a trade hasn't happened they are saying it's because Brandon is the face of the Rebels' and won't be traded. I have no problem watching Brandon in a Rebel's uni for another year.

Red celtic
01-09-2008, 05:13 PM
No, I'm not unhappy with a high price on Brandon and don't mind if he stays here. I guess I am just saying that maybe Brent has put a price on Brandon that others GM's don't feel he's worth. Now that a trade hasn't happened they are saying it's because Brandon is the face of the Rebels' and won't be traded. I have no problem watching Brandon in a Rebel's uni for another year.
Thats fair. Personally I feel he is a very good hockey player and I would hope that the organization would demand good value for him in a trade. What that value is is up for debate. We don't know what has been offered for him. Peterson by his comments in the Advocate has indicated that the offers in the management teams perspective are not enough.

dagley
01-09-2008, 10:17 PM
There was a rumor here that we were willing to deal for Sutter and Reimer, with the package of King, Hale, Hayes and a 2nd round pick but then they wanted Glennie in the deal, which then we pulled out...thats apparently what was being said.

Rebel66
01-10-2008, 12:41 AM
Another showcase by Reimer tonight, this time shown live on Sportsnet. He's basically willing teams to come and trade for him. Two out of his last three games he has been stellar. I've seen what Peterson had to say in the paper but, really, if somebody comes calling with an excellent offer then I'd be surprised if he didn't take it.

RebelsFan
01-10-2008, 07:46 AM
If they get a good offer for Reimer he will be gone. He doesn't have to be packaged with Brandon to make a trade. They have been listening to offers for Reimer for months now but his play of late has increased his value I'm sure. I think everyone knew he was a good goalie he was just going through some struggles on ice.

hockey4
01-10-2008, 12:15 PM
Another showcase by Reimer tonight, this time shown live on Sportsnet. He's basically willing teams to come and trade for him. Two out of his last three games he has been stellar. I've seen what Peterson had to say in the paper but, really, if somebody comes calling with an excellent offer then I'd be surprised if he didn't take it.

You can make all the great saves, but its the weak goals that people remember. not sure if you guys saw that second goal, but i felt it was plain ol' weak. thats the one thing in my opinion that has kept reimer in the doghouse is his constant ability to let in one weak goal a game. Yes the rebels are having issues scoring goals, but the weak ones are mentally demoralizing. I dont think he has the value many people are envisioning for this exact reason.

Rebel66
01-10-2008, 12:22 PM
You can make all the great saves, but its the weak goals that people remember. not sure if you guys saw that second goal, but i felt it was plain ol' weak. thats the one thing in my opinion that has kept reimer in the doghouse is his constant ability to let in one weak goal a game. Yes the rebels are having issues scoring goals, but the weak ones are mentally demoralizing. I dont think he has the value many people are envisioning for this exact reason.

You may very well be right. I didn't see the second goal (getting distracted by my 3 year old!) However, in talking to some of my fellow season ticket holders in our section they said pretty much the same thing as you. It's the weak goals nearly every game that really hold him back. Most of them would love to see the back of him. I guess we'll see.

Rebrevs
01-10-2008, 12:28 PM
I was one of the fans who earlier in the season expressed my concern about weak goals by Reimer. However, of late, he has been playing great and I am inclined now to cut him some slack. The second goal yesterday, was very similar to the two weak goals scored in the world juniors on Bernier and later on Mason. They were deflections off the end boards that then got knocked in off the goalie's pads. If it can happen to two very good goalies in the World Juniors, it can happen to Reimer. To me, Reimer is now doing the job expected of him. I'm rooting for the rest of the team now, to support him.

SectionNDeserter
01-10-2008, 01:11 PM
Reimer had just finished stoning the guy like 3 times from close in, if you get a 4th shot, whether it is from behind the line or not, then your defensive players are not doing their job.

hockey4
01-10-2008, 03:51 PM
I was one of the fans who earlier in the season expressed my concern about weak goals by Reimer. However, of late, he has been playing great and I am inclined now to cut him some slack. The second goal yesterday, was very similar to the two weak goals scored in the world juniors on Bernier and later on Mason. They were deflections off the end boards that then got knocked in off the goalie's pads. If it can happen to two very good goalies in the World Juniors, it can happen to Reimer. To me, Reimer is now doing the job expected of him. I'm rooting for the rest of the team now, to support him.

Im not sure it was shot from behind the net in. there was a shot attempt from the corner but it hit the pad, stayed in the crease and was put under him on the second try. he should have been down after the first shot and/or cleared the puck after it was stopped. In my opinion no matter which way you spin it, a shot from behind the goal line should never go in, and although this was not the EXACT case, it was pretty danm close.

And as SND said, yes he did save 3 guys in a row, which is good (expected???), but those saves dont cancel out the weak goal. I guess in conclusion, i have been mightily dissapointed in his play this year, a roller coaster if i may in terms of good play/bad play. The team does have issues scoring goals, but a GOOD goalie will make those saves and allow his team to stay in it. I would like to know how many of those one goal games we would have won at the start of the year (CONFIDENCE!!) if weak goals by reimer and clark werent let it.

dubnut
01-10-2008, 10:49 PM
I have noticed all season you guys are very hard on your goaltenders. I didn't see the game but watched it on sportsnet. The broadcasters certainly were not of your opinion and what I saw was world class. That stop on Colton Gillies was sensational. You are expecting the goalie to be perfect without requiring the same level of play from the rest of the team. Rather than being demoralizing, I think Reimer keeps the motivation alive on that team. What would you rather have? A 6-0 loss from which you cannot recover in the last 20 min.? Reimer kept these boys in the game right to the last moment. Yes weak goals can be demoralizing but conversely, the sensational saves give the kids new life and he absolutely had a whole lot more amazing saves than he had weak goals. One reason he wasn't traded today was the high value management put on him. I heard no less than 4 teams put in offers for him and one team made an outrageous offer and were turned down. You don't normally turn down several offers on guys you are trying to expunge from your organization. You don't even know what you've got. I think another reason Sutter is not willing to trade Reimer is as much for his value in the dressing room. My sources say he's a great kid on and off the ice. You don't always get both in the same player. For those of you who would like to see Reimer gone, who do you think RD could get in return? Irving, Sexsmith, Tokarski, DeSerres? Look a whole lot lower on the stats list for goaltenders that would be up for grabs. But then they might not let in the weak goals...

tiny
01-11-2008, 10:16 AM
IMHO Reimer has been an outstanding tender since he has been THE tender on the team. He has made countless outstanding saves and kept the team in games that we have been outshot by horrific numbers. I, too, felt he let in weaker goals early in the year but I believe much of that was when he was in and out of the starting position.

Rebel 66, I suggest that the season ticket holders who have been disappointed in the "weak goal nearly every game" have not been watching the Reimer I have seen in the last two months. I believe he has been very consistent in the last two months.

Now that he is here for the season, I hope he continues his recent play in every game we have left.

hockey4
01-11-2008, 11:30 AM
I have noticed all season you guys are very hard on your goaltenders. I didn't see the game but watched it on sportsnet. The broadcasters certainly were not of your opinion and what I saw was world class. That stop on Colton Gillies was sensational. You are expecting the goalie to be perfect without requiring the same level of play from the rest of the team. Rather than being demoralizing, I think Reimer keeps the motivation alive on that team. What would you rather have? A 6-0 loss from which you cannot recover in the last 20 min.? Reimer kept these boys in the game right to the last moment. Yes weak goals can be demoralizing but conversely, the sensational saves give the kids new life and he absolutely had a whole lot more amazing saves than he had weak goals. One reason he wasn't traded today was the high value management put on him. I heard no less than 4 teams put in offers for him and one team made an outrageous offer and were turned down. You don't normally turn down several offers on guys you are trying to expunge from your organization. You don't even know what you've got. I think another reason Sutter is not willing to trade Reimer is as much for his value in the dressing room. My sources say he's a great kid on and off the ice. You don't always get both in the same player. For those of you who would like to see Reimer gone, who do you think RD could get in return? Irving, Sexsmith, Tokarski, DeSerres? Look a whole lot lower on the stats list for goaltenders that would be up for grabs. But then they might not let in the weak goals...

I respect your opinion but without watching this team play the whole years its hard to comment on the goalie situation. His main flaw is that he's wildly inconsistent and lets in bad goals nightly. he has only picked up his play the last 3-4 games. There is no way a team would trade for him to be a starter becasue he has barely proved he can be one on a non-playoof team. Teams dont give outrageous offers for mediocre starters. Judging by the comments in the paper if there was a "outrageous offer", they would have accepted it. Would you be willing to state this offer because i find it very hard to believe .

Rebel66
01-11-2008, 11:59 AM
Rebel 66, I suggest that the season ticket holders who have been disappointed in the "weak goal nearly every game" have not been watching the Reimer I have seen in the last two months. I believe he has been very consistent in the last two months.

Hey, I've defended the guy, turning around to them after an excellent save and giving them the old "what do you think of that save then?" then they give it right back to me after the likes of the 2nd Blades goal the other night. Ho hum, whatever. I've been very impressed with his play of late. His stats are incredible for a tender on such a poor team. We didn't trade him so hopefully he comes back next season as a 20 and leads us to a playoff spot.

tiny
01-11-2008, 05:20 PM
sorry if you thought I was ragging on you. I respect your opinions very much. I was suggesting that your neighbors saw things much differently than I do.

Rebel66
01-11-2008, 06:54 PM
sorry if you thought I was ragging on you. I respect your opinions very much. I was suggesting that your neighbors saw things much differently than I do.

No worries tiny. I knew that you weren't ragging on me. It also drives me nuts when some so called fans rag on our players when it's not warranted. Sure, they pay their money and can have opinions, I get that. I prefer to actually SUPPORT the team though, but perhaps that's just me!

dubnut
01-12-2008, 03:09 AM
Watched the game on TV, any one want to comment on the weak saves tonight?? I'm being facetious....those of you who think he's 'wildly' inconsistent must listen to Bryan Sutter's coaches reports. So you either believe the garbage or go to the games and watch and make your own judgement. The two would be in completely opposite camps I am thinking. No wonder you are so hard on your goaltenders, you have a coach who cannot squeak out a word of praise for the guy even when he's had a 100% night. 46 saves and all he can grudgingly admit is that he had pretty solid night followed by the word but.... Yet he can say the word Brandon 3 or 4 times before he takes a breath. Unfortunate, I must say. (Not arguing that Brandon didn't have a good night.) That aside, Red Deer looked like a much better team tonight compared to a few nights ago vs. Saskatoon.

dubnut
01-12-2008, 03:25 AM
I respect your opinion but without watching this team play the whole years its hard to comment on the goalie situation. His main flaw is that he's wildly inconsistent and lets in bad goals nightly. he has only picked up his play the last 3-4 games. There is no way a team would trade for him to be a starter becasue he has barely proved he can be one on a non-playoof team. Teams dont give outrageous offers for mediocre starters. Judging by the comments in the paper if there was a "outrageous offer", they would have accepted it. Would you be willing to state this offer because i find it very hard to believe .

Sorry, can't but you could always ask Brandon what they were willing to give up for him. But if Brent Sutter wanted him to stay, he can't be all bad. Look at the revolving door this year but Reimer stayed. Kids on the Rebel team either earn their keep or they get moved out. "Wildly inconsistent" would hardly describe the boys Sutter keeps on his roster for 3 seasons and refuses to trade. I agree it looks like earlier in the season he had an inconsistent string but I also agree with the post that said that could be largely due to his inconsistent starts. I admit that without watching many games, I don't come by my opinion with first hand knowledge. I follow most of the WHL teams as closely as I can but being there always lends a clearer perspective. So I respect your views hockey4.

Rebrevs
01-12-2008, 10:18 AM
Not many posters, especially on this strand, are criticizing Reimer any more. Only Hockey4 was concerned about what he perceived to be a weak goal the other day. Hockey4 felt he had just reason to comment because of weak goals Reimer HAS let in in the past. THe truth is, he DID get off to a rough start this year. Most people would agree that NOW, Reimer is playing great. Most people on this board are now also giving credit where credit is due. Nothing wrong with that.

hockey4
01-12-2008, 11:18 AM
Not many posters, especially on this strand, are criticizing Reimer any more. Only Hockey4 was concerned about what he perceived to be a weak goal the other day. Hockey4 felt he had just reason to comment because of weak goals Reimer HAS let in in the past. THe truth is, he DID get off to a rough start this year. Most people would agree that NOW, Reimer is playing great. Most people on this board are now also giving credit where credit is due. Nothing wrong with that.

You missed my whole point. Yes he played amazing last night, however up until last night, he had played many great games, but let in bad goal every night. What i was getting at was you can make all the saves, but you'll be remembered for those weak goals. Again, he played the game of his life last night, not arguing that.

I refuse to jump on the reimer bandwagon becasue of a solid three games, becasue i have seen him play all year and i have been less then impressed. thats my opinion, call me out on it, but unless he plays another 4-5 great game sin a row, my position stands.

Rebrevs
01-12-2008, 04:24 PM
I didn't miss your point at all.You think Reimer is still letting in at least one bad goal a night and I disagree.

SectionNDeserter
01-12-2008, 04:24 PM
As far as I am concerned, he can let in a bad goal every other game, as long as he continues to rob the other team of what would be 5 or 6 goals on most any other goaltender in the league every night.

hockey4
01-13-2008, 01:12 AM
I didn't miss your point at all.You think Reimer is still letting in at least one bad goal a night and I disagree.

well im not sure where u were from oct-dec, but he could never put 2-3 games in a row together because of the untimely weak goals. no argument he has played well the last 4-5 games, simply stating hes had trouble playing 60 minutes in the games he's played this year.

RDRebelsfan
01-13-2008, 02:11 PM
some of you expect way too much!

HURRICANE'S ROCK
01-13-2008, 07:47 PM
After what he did to us (Canes) last night I wish you would have sent Reimer somewhere out west. He was not just good, he was great last night. He robbed us of an easy win. :burningma

Tinner
01-13-2008, 08:44 PM
Lethbridge was the team Reimer was rumored to be being dealt to. As it is, the injury he got turned out to be a blessing in disguise for the Rebels because if not for it, he most likely would have been moved.

hockey4
01-13-2008, 11:59 PM
some of you expect way too much!

i dont think we expect to much, just look at all those games at the start of the year where we lost by 1-2 goals. and every person on this board was disappointed at the goaltending, seeing that those 1-2 bad goals a game were costing us points. yes he has plaed great the last few games, but im still prepared to say that the goaltending was ONE of the main reasons were not in a playoff spot (yes there were others). think about it, if we get better goaltending in 5 of those 1 goal games, thats 10 more points. and thats just 5 games. crucify me all you want, its hard to argue with though.

Tinner
01-14-2008, 07:08 AM
I think your viewpoint is pretty one sided. When we were losing those games by 1-2 goals, they were games we lost 2-1, 3-2, 2-0 etc. I think that the goalies actually kept us in some games, abet the bads goals. The old saying certainly applies to the Rebels "you can't win games when you don't score" and the pattern is still holding as the games we are winning, we at least are getting more than 1 goal a game (last 2, 2-0 and 4-3 shootout).

To be honest, team play has been awful and good, but I wouldn't blame the goalies.

RDRebelsfan
01-14-2008, 07:25 PM
i dont think we expect to much, just look at all those games at the start of the year where we lost by 1-2 goals. and every person on this board was disappointed at the goaltending, seeing that those 1-2 bad goals a game were costing us points. yes he has plaed great the last few games, but im still prepared to say that the goaltending was ONE of the main reasons were not in a playoff spot (yes there were others). think about it, if we get better goaltending in 5 of those 1 goal games, thats 10 more points. and thats just 5 games. crucify me all you want, its hard to argue with though.

I don't agree with this. IMO you should never lay the first finger of blame on the goalies. IT's the team in front, if the team can't score, can you honestly blame that on the goalies? Or if you score a good chunk, but give up a **** load of 2 on 1's, breakaways, odd man rushes, and stupid in zone give aways, is that the goalie's fault?

Maybe I'm just a fan of goalies, because it's more favorite position to play.

SectionNDeserter
01-14-2008, 07:44 PM
I would agree that last season Reimer let in his fair share of weak goals, and a lot of them cost us 2 points. I can't say the same thing this season, as most of his weak goals this season came in games that the Rebels just didn't score enough goals in to deserve the win. I have seen some pretty bad Rebel goaltending in the past. Guys like Andrew Leslie that were average at the best of times, and on a number of occasions let them in from the neutral zone. Gerry Festa was overall just afwful, and who could forget the immortal Mike Whitney.

hky4life
01-14-2008, 10:09 PM
Whether Reimer lets in a weak goal once in a while or not hasnt been the reason the rebels are out of a play off spot. bad goals or not his GAA is 2.34 and his SV% is .925. Would you rather give up 10 good scoring chances (as a team) and lose 5-2 or have one of the goals be a bad goal but still only allow 2 goals against? I don't see how any one can criticize Reimers play this year. Granted he struggled in the beginning when he was ajusting to facing dub shots again after being in toronto at the leafs camp where he was on a practice squad with Sundin, Bell, Blake, and Kaberle. But we saw the same kind of adjustment period with Irving. On the whole Reimer has been one of the only bright spots on this team this year.

RDRebelsfan
01-14-2008, 11:43 PM
I would agree that last season Reimer let in his fair share of weak goals, and a lot of them cost us 2 points. I can't say the same thing this season, as most of his weak goals this season came in games that the Rebels just didn't score enough goals in to deserve the win. I have seen some pretty bad Rebel goaltending in the past. Guys like Andrew Leslie that were average at the best of times, and on a number of occasions let them in from the neutral zone. Gerry Festa was overall just afwful, and who could forget the immortal Mike Whitney.

I didn't think festa WAS that bad, but that's my opinion. Whitney I can't comment on, didn't see him play as often.

rebelfan
01-15-2008, 02:39 AM
Reimer is the first goaltender in the WHL this season to earn Player of the Week honors. The Rebels may have lost their share of games on 1 or 2 goal differences but if you check out Reimer's stats, it wasn't because he was letting in a pail of pucks. Seldom, has he let in more than 3 goals in a game, and his stats say enough. He has a 2.34 GAA...that means on the average this year he has let in less than 3 goals a game. The team in front, I agree with you guys, has to score goals to win games. It is a combination effort. Team scores, goalie is sharp = wins. Reimer missed the entire exhibition season, spending time in Toronto on a practise team sporting the likes of Tucker & Sundin. I agree, when other players come back from NHL camps it takes awhile to get their Jr. legs back. Everyone gives these guys some grace. The games we shouldn't have lost are games we score first and end up losing 5-3, 6-1...But all analyzing aside, the team we have now is beginning to look good. The rest of the season should be interesting. I don't think Reimer would have been dealt to a Central Div. team. That would have been suicide. I have pretty reliable sources that say Brandon was trying hard to get him. They've wanted him since his rookie year.

hky4life
01-16-2008, 12:03 AM
Brandon offered Caliguri, two skaters (not sure who) and a draft pick for Reimer. This was the last of 3 offers so it would appear that Brandon really wanted Reimer. I agree.

dubnut
01-16-2008, 01:01 AM
Brandon offered Caliguri, two skaters (not sure who) and a draft pick for Reimer. This was the last of 3 offers so it would appear that Brandon really wanted Reimer. I agree.

From what I have heard, that is pretty close to accurate and sorry, hockey4, it seems Brandon did want him as their starter. The only way they could see themselves going far into the playoffs. Apparently Reimer felt a lot of loyalty to the team and although would have liked to play on a contending team has said, he's happy to stay and play as a Rebel (interview after Moose Jaw game). That has to speak of character. And if he was disappointed not to be traded, he still went out and played his best hockey for Brent that week.

RebelsFan
01-16-2008, 09:02 AM
hky4life, that is the same offer I was told. Then Red Deer went out and picked up Aime and had no need for Caliguiri as I believe they wanted to show Brandon they didn't want Caliguiri as they already had a 17 year old in Clarke. This deal was going on in early November though. Reimer has played much better as of late. I am surprised someone like Vancouver didn't pick up Reimer at the deadline. The way he is playing would have been an upgrade on Sexmith or to at least play 50/50 until he showed them he could be their starter.

hky4life
01-16-2008, 05:03 PM
rebelfan, you are right. They picked up Aime quite awhile ago (I dont know why they would pick Aime?). I am unaware of the offers Brandon made earlier in the season but the one I was reffering to happened a couple days before the deadline. Maybe Brandon just offered different players at different times. If so that would further prove that they really wanted Reimer. Would have been nice to see him go to a contender.

RebelsFan
01-16-2008, 09:40 PM
Brandon was actively trying to get Reimer since the beginning of November. Many player offers over the course of discussions but I guess obviously none rich enough.