PDA

View Full Version : Americans acquire Toigo

Triton
01-08-2008, 07:13 PM
http://www.whl.ca/news/?id=8442

Americans add depth with Toigo
Created: Jan 8, 2008
KENNEWICK, WA – Tri-City Americans General Manager Bob Tory announced today that the team has completed a trade with the Vancouver Giants to acquire 18-year-old Nolan Toigo for a conditional sixth-round bantam draft pick in 2009.

The 6’1”, 180-pound defenseman from Delta, British Columbia has appeared in 47 games for the Vancouver Giants over the past two seasons, collecting three points, a plus-6 rating and 31 penalty minutes. The Giants reassigned Toigo to the Surrey Eagles of the British Columbia Hockey League in late October, where he has played in 22 games, totaling 10 points and 35 penalty minutes.

“Nolan is an experienced guy who will give us some depth in case of injury,” explained Tory. “Our plan is to leave him with Surrey and use him as an Affiliate Player, who could join us in the event of an injury and, most certainly, for the play-offs.”

Toigo, the cousin of Giants’ Governor Ron Toigo, was a 10th-round (194th overall) pick by the Giants in the 2004 Western Hockey League Bantam Draft.

HAF
01-08-2008, 07:23 PM
I'm sure hoping this isn't the big blockbuster we've been waiting for.

wheels1
01-08-2008, 08:08 PM
I'm sure hoping this isn't the big blockbuster we've been waiting for.

Have we been waiting for a blockbuster? I was only thinking that minor deals would be made..

HAF
01-08-2008, 09:49 PM
I'm kind of expecting a big trade in the next day or so. Something to really beef up the blueline. With Wishart and Bartley both dealt I'm not so sure though.