PDA

View Full Version : Jeff May has been Traded!

WHL Crazy
01-08-2008, 07:15 PM
It will be announced tomorrow morning and I don't know where but just thought I would let you Raiders fans know why he isn't play tonight vs SC.

Triton
01-08-2008, 07:19 PM
Really? Any info you can provide?

WHL Crazy
01-08-2008, 07:22 PM
That is all the information I heard as to why he isn't playing tonight...Your guess is as good as mine as to where he will end up but I guess we'll find find out tomorrow morning.

Scout
01-08-2008, 07:22 PM
It said on the Bronco pregame tonight that May is not dressed and has been traded. They said it will be announced tomorrow. I'm guessing and it is only a guess to Lethbridge but i have nothing official.

Scout

WHL Crazy
01-08-2008, 07:30 PM
Lethbridge is a very good guess due to the fact that it looks like Luke Wiens is done for the season which would open up a 20 yr old spot. Also, it has been said for a while now that the Canes were/are looking for a veteran defenceman and May definately fits the bill. It will be interesting to see what kind of price Lethbridge had to pay or will pay if in fact May is dealt to Lethbridge.

WHL Crazy
01-08-2008, 07:36 PM
Could also be Vancouver as I believe he is from that area.

eye4aneye
01-08-2008, 07:41 PM
Ya May's family lives in the lower main. Well May was a great player and leader for the Raiders for 4.5 seasons. And he has turned into a nice young man as well. I wish Jeff all the best with his new club. They are very fortunate to have him!

eye4aneye
01-08-2008, 07:45 PM
Will Depape be left in Swift Current? I thought he might be left in Brandon.

wardog fan
01-08-2008, 07:49 PM
i see ryan macdonal isnt dressed either? healthy or injured?

Triton
01-08-2008, 07:50 PM
i see ryan macdonal isnt dressed either? healthy or injured?

Chest injury

eye4aneye
01-08-2008, 08:04 PM
louis would be a great fit for our club, last i heard the dicision was atough one in brandon on who to keep as their 20's...he was playing very well and shouldn't be judged on his perforance in red deer...as for may there seems to be nothing but trouble comming out of that hockey club in pa, and as roy says" dont want any cancer in the dressing room"..if aperson was to look at pa ryan white would be a better man ...................FROM THE REBELS

JJeff May is a great player, leader and overall nice young man with class. You should be PLEASED to have Jeff as an addition to your roster. Please note he is a 5 th year player with the same team....he returned late to the raiders at the start of the season because he was in Houston for training camp. Right now he is going to return to the lineup from his first injury ever in the WHL, he is an ironman. So before you open your trap about players you obviously know nothing about don't say crap that there is nothing but trouble in PA. You don't have a clue. Welcome May, he is a great person and player. from me

Dwight Schrute
01-08-2008, 08:42 PM
jeff may has been probably my favorite (schlenker is close) raider over the last 4.5 years. best of luck to him and i wish him the best (and to sign with the canucks !!!)

Dwight Schrute
01-08-2008, 08:44 PM
clockwise where are you ???? lol usually your the one breaking the news

canes77
01-08-2008, 09:28 PM
Lethbridge is a very good guess due to the fact that it looks like Luke Wiens is done for the season which would open up a 20 yr old spot. Also, it has been said for a while now that the Canes were/are looking for a veteran defenceman and May definately fits the bill. It will be interesting to see what kind of price Lethbridge had to pay or will pay if in fact May is dealt to Lethbridge.

Not only did we lose a 20 yr old for the year, we also lost one of our veteran 19 yr old D-man for a couple months...so Jeff May would fit both roles for the Canes.

I wonder (if it is indeed Leth,) what we gave up...we have so many good young players, we should be able to absord any loss.

JayDub
01-08-2008, 09:58 PM
I noticed that Jeff has played only 25 games this year and hasn't played since Nov. 24th.

What was his injury and what will he bring to his new team ?

thanks

Sabes
01-08-2008, 10:03 PM
clockwise where are you ???? lol usually your the one breaking the news

LOL, I talked to him and he said we are out to lunch this year since he isn't around till Friday.

Dwight Schrute
01-08-2008, 10:13 PM
LOL, I talked to him and he said we are out to lunch this year since he isn't around till Friday.
well.... that sucks haha oh well i cant wait for work to be over tommorrow so i can find out what went down

localguy
01-08-2008, 10:38 PM
JJeff May is a great player, leader and overall nice young man with class. You should be PLEASED to have Jeff as an addition to your roster. Please note he is a 5 th year player with the same team....he returned late to the raiders at the start of the season because he was in Houston for training camp. Right now he is going to return to the lineup from his first injury ever in the WHL, he is an ironman. So before you open your trap about players you obviously know nothing about don't say crap that there is nothing but trouble in PA. You don't have a clue. Welcome May, he is a great person and player. from me

I saw this on our thread too, and frankly it's pretty harsh. For anyone as far removed from PA as the poster, they have no place to judge the quality of the program or players, i look forward to seeing May in Canes colors (if that's where he's going), and am just hoping for our sake that we didn;t give up too much.

shushu
01-08-2008, 11:12 PM
louis would be a great fit for our club, last i heard the dicision was atough one in brandon on who to keep as their 20's...he was playing very well and shouldn't be judged on his perforance in red deer...as for may there seems to be nothing but trouble comming out of that hockey club in pa, and as roy says" dont want any cancer in the dressing room"..if aperson was to look at pa ryan white would be a better man ...................FROM THE REBELS

the comment wasn;t based on may or the pa raiders it was posts i have read over and over on these board about lack of control of a team...breaking curfew causing **** and so on. guathier being the prime example followed by a few other ....add that with our gm that is brutal about dicipline and behavior, and it makes aperson think he wouldn't go near ANY team like that....so you can put away the crying towel my comment was not a direct shot at pa or may.............................lol and my reply....your reply hero, maybe you should get a closer read into what i'm talking about towards my gm and what he's looking for before you shoot your BIG mouth off.....buddy.. Boogaard'd

wango tango
01-09-2008, 10:35 AM
amazing the return on players this year. 3 players for a 20! wow. the wishart deal in mj, the spokane trade for mccrae. i guess with the buying teams so tight the sellers can command a pretty good price. if this is any indication of what's to come tomorrow could be very interesting.

tito34
01-09-2008, 12:12 PM
Prince Albert, Saskatchewan - The Prince Albert Raiders have traded 20 year-old captain Jeff May to the Lethbridge Hurricanes in exchange for the Hurricanes 2nd round draft pick in the 2008 WHL Bantam Draft, 15 year-old left winger Brent Martin and 16 year-old right centre Robbie Ciolfi (pronounced: Che-ol-fee).
Brent Martin is a 15 year-old left winger, who currently is playing with the St. Albert Raiders in the Alberta Major Midget League. In 28 games this season, Martin has 7 goals and 21 assists for St. Albert Martin, who is from Spruce Grove, Alberta was selected by the Hurricanes in the 3rd round, 53rd overall in the 2007 WHL Bantam Draft.

Robbie Ciolfi is a 16 year-old right winger who is playing for his home town Lethbridge Y's Men Titans, who currently lead the Southern Division of the Alberta Major Midget League. Ciolfi is 5'10", 165 pounds and has 10 goals and 12 assists for 22 points in 24 games with the Titans this season.

"Jeff May has been a great Raider the past 4 and a half seasons and we wanted to give him the opportunity to showcase his talents," commented Raider General Manager Donn Clark. "We think Jeff will fit in very well with Lethbridge as they have a very skilled group of forwards. The Raiders want to thank Jeff for his contributions to our organization and wish him the best."

This season May has a strong NHL training camp with the Minnesota Wild as a free agent. He then impressed with the AHL's Houston Aeros, Minnesota's top farm team and was sent back to the Raiders Oct. 2. He appeared in 25 games with 1 goal and 19 assists before suffering a shoulder injury November 24 against Saskatoon. The shoulder has now healed and May is scheduled to return this weekend.

The shoulder injury was the first injury in his career as he played every game of the 05-06 and 06-07 seasons with the Raiders.

http://www.oursportscentral.com/services/releases/?id=3578173
source

whlhockeyfan13
01-09-2008, 12:17 PM
I am surprised they traded him for forwards. I would have thought they would try to get some d's preferably someone with some toughness.

Rick 19
01-09-2008, 12:27 PM
It looks like the Raiders did pretty well in this trade. I would think that there would be some interest for the following players:

Ryan Depape: 25 goal player. Should receive a very good prospect or high draft pick(s). He will also be around as a twenty year old.
Max Brandl: After some time adjusting to the north american game, has become a contributor and a good guy in the dressing room. Middle round pick (possibly Regina or Calgary)
Devin Leblanc: Good secondary scoring player. Possibly for a 4th or 5th rounder or a good prospect.

eye4aneye
01-09-2008, 04:24 PM
I have a feeling we are not done yet...and GUYS WE ARE REBUILDING!

Good luck to Small in edm....he deserves more ice time than he has gotten here.

eye4aneye
01-09-2008, 04:26 PM
I am surprised they traded him for forwards. I would have thought they would try to get some d's preferably someone with some toughness.

I know what you are saying but I think they are looking at the young guys we have what is coming and the 19 year old forwards we still have. There still may be another deal in the mix. But the young guys we have now and vorcec are good and can only get better with experience

eye4aneye
01-09-2008, 04:28 PM
I hate to see Mr may go but the young guys seem ok with their stats this season. I am sure they were looked at Macs if they were playing.

FIVE FOR FIGHTING
01-09-2008, 04:37 PM
Who becomes captain?

clockwise
01-09-2008, 04:47 PM
Ryan White

Dwight Schrute
01-09-2008, 04:48 PM
Ryan White
if he stays then i agree

raider guy
01-09-2008, 06:02 PM
captain could also go to hewson

Sabes
01-09-2008, 06:03 PM
Ciolfi had 14 points at Ice Mania here in PA. Martin was regarded as a 1st round talent but was unsure if he wanted to play in the WHL. If the Raiders can get both signed this deal is incredible for us.