PDA

View Full Version : What does the future hold?

witness
01-10-2008, 10:26 AM
I have been reading the questioning of the Pats trading away their future for now. Not really happening. As much as I was critical of the scouting staff 4 years ago, they have done a wonderful job in the past 4 years.
Here is what I have to date:
1. The Pats gave up a 4th round (Kamloops) and a 3rd round (PA) in the 2008 draft.
2. Next year they will have Doucet, Depape, Hill, MacAngus, Bartley, and Pyett eligible to return. Pyett will most likely turn pro. They can only keep 3 of the 5. The other two are marketable and the Pats will recover one mabe both picks back in the spring.
3. The Pats have had great success drafting in the later rounds. From the 2005 draft, St Denis (5th round), Kulcher & J. Eberle (7th round), and Raedeke (8th round), are all playing a regular shift in the WHL.
4. The Pats needed to make room next year for some kids coming up that can just flat out play. Kenton Miller, Kyle Mulder and Matt Marantz at forward, Koltyn Miller, Travis Sparrow, Byron Sorenson and Aaron Enns on defense, will be 17 next year and ready to step up. Then you have some blue chip 16 year olds that are very talented in Faureau, Hood, and Weal at forward and Slobozian on defense. With a chance on some later round guys like Reider, Smith, Daniels and D. Eberle really developing.
5. And don't even talk about goalending. The Pats are very deep with Ketlo (16), Tendler & Vargo (both 15) waiting in the wings. And don't give up on Laycock (16) yet.

The Pats will be a little younger next year, but in my opinion will be more talented. So those of you that are so worried about the Pats future (mostly fans from other teams), don't be. The Pats will be fine thank you.

Toswammi
01-10-2008, 10:34 AM
Also anything to the rumors of teh Parkers looking to sell this summer?

Some_Arrogant_Jerk
01-10-2008, 02:44 PM
Unlike....everyone, I would like to see this franchise succeed for once in the last few years I think that I deserve to see the world beyond the first round for the first time in 10 years ( the length of time I have been watching games) I've definitely done my time, and I hope we go as far as we can.

I missed last years wonderous voyage to the second round, and I was too young to remember my first year as a fan, the last pennant year, which was a second round achievement too.

Even if we dont live up to expectations this year, we have a solid movement of youth coming up next year. The pats should have a pretty solid foundation for the future.

patsdude114
01-10-2008, 04:08 PM
I completely agree with u SAJ i was only 13yrs old when the pats won their pennant with the likes of Holden, Cirjack, Kane, Petrovicky on the team i remember some things from that team, remember we were dominate at home and our game entry sounds was "Welcome To The Jungle" then the playoffs came Holden gets stepped on by a skate blade cutting open his wrist, Kane gets a separated shoulder, Cirjack gets hurt also and there went our playoff hopes.

It is time for us Pat fans to see some good playoff hockey that lasts longer then the 2nd round, i am 25 now (soon to be 26) in the time i have been a Pats fan since i have been 9 yrs old i have been a season ticket holder since that age (then my dad bought my tickets now i do lol) i have missed no more then 15 games since i have been 9 yrs old, have seen the good times and the bad... all i want now is to see a exciting playoff run. I miss seeing the Brandt Center (then the agridome) packed with 6,000+ ppl on a regular basis like in 96, we were always hovering around the 6000 ppl for attendance from mid Jan til the end of the season.

GO PATS GO lets make a statement this year

eye4aneye
01-10-2008, 04:34 PM
Kids i remember the memorial cup held here when Varga through the live chicken on the ice!

patsdude114
01-10-2008, 04:42 PM
waaaaaaaaay before my time lol

I didnt even mention anything for the 2001 memorial cup cuz we were ousted in the 1st round by Calgary what a dissapointment that was also... Had a amazing Defence with a good offence but NO GOALTENDER damn Chocklous however u spell his damn name and to think we got this goaltender from Calgary for Brad Stuart

Some_Arrogant_Jerk
01-10-2008, 04:47 PM
I completely agree with u SAJ i was only 13yrs old when the pats won their pennant with the likes of Holden, Cirjack, Kane, Petrovicky on the team i remember some things from that team, remember we were dominate at home and our game entry sounds was "Welcome To The Jungle" then the playoffs came Holden gets stepped on by a skate blade cutting open his wrist, Kane gets a separated shoulder, Cirjack gets hurt also and there went our playoff hopes.

It is time for us Pat fans to see some good playoff hockey that lasts longer then the 2nd round, i am 25 now (soon to be 26) in the time i have been a Pats fan since i have been 9 yrs old i have been a season ticket holder since that age (then my dad bought my tickets now i do lol) i have missed no more then 15 games since i have been 9 yrs old, have seen the good times and the bad... all i want now is to see a exciting playoff run. I miss seeing the Brandt Center (then the agridome) packed with 6,000+ ppl on a regular basis like in 96, we were always hovering around the 6000 ppl for attendance from mid Jan til the end of the season.

GO PATS GO lets make a statement this year

Oh yeah! I remember seeing that like it was yesterday. I was only 8 years old or so back then(season ticket holder since then as well), and I still remember that injury. One of my most intense moments as a pats fan, and a hockey fan in general. I also remember when Kane(was my favorite player back then) got injured, as did Cirjak. Petro was very fun to watch, even if it was only for one year... usually you dont see many tough european players, but he was, and still is tough.

I agree that enough is enough, and its time to see a good pats team. I am exactly the same in the sense that I have missed very little games over the years, and that I have seen everything, except for a good playoff run. The pats are way overdue for one, and the fans have done their time. Perhaps this is the year where the pats get back their reputation as a solid hockey team, and we start getting more people coming to the games. Under 4000 is unacceptable.

I hope we also maintain our toughness in our team philosphy, because thats what pats hockey is. We were known as a tough team with heart back in the day, and it was disappointing to see our team get soft over the years. In short, I cant wait to see what this team can do tommorrow against those spoiled giants.

I didnt even mention anything for the 2001 memorial cup cuz we were ousted in the 1st round by Calgary what a dissapointment that was also... Had a amazing Defence with a good offence but NO GOALTENDER damn Chocklous however u spell his damn name and to think we got this goaltender from Calgary for Brad Stuart

Yeah that was typical parker back then. Chokulous wasnt as great as advertised, despite being a high draft pick (by the bruins.... another reason to hate the f***ing bruins). I think that after that moment, the pats were thought of as a joke, and we played like one for years. We have only started to compete better the last 2 years.

nivek_wahs
01-10-2008, 07:08 PM
I didnt even mention anything for the 2001 memorial cup cuz we were ousted in the 1st round by Calgary what a dissapointment that was also... Had a amazing Defence with a good offence but NO GOALTENDER damn Chocklous however u spell his damn name and to think we got this goaltender from Calgary for Brad StuartUnderstatement!

nivek_wahs
01-10-2008, 07:15 PM
Yeah that was typical parker back then. Chokulous wasnt as great as advertised, despite being a high draft pick (by the bruins.... another reason to hate the f***ing bruins). I think that after that moment, the pats were thought of as a joke, and we played like one for years. We have only started to compete better the last 2 years.Good old Donald "Scores-a-lot-on-us" Choukalos.... so many memories so many bad goals.

nivek_wahs
01-10-2008, 07:23 PM
5. And don't even talk about goalending. The Pats are very deep with Ketlo (16), Tendler & Vargo (both 15) waiting in the wings. And don't give up on Laycock (16) yet.
.I don't think Vargo is on the Pats radar anymore.... he's playing Tier 2....