PDA

View Full Version : Tigers make trade with spokane

Tiger Trauma
01-10-2008, 03:25 PM
Tigers Deal Glass to Spokane

Thursday, January 10, 2008

Medicine Hat, AB - Medicine Hat Tigers announce this afternoon they have completed a trade with the Spokane Chiefs prior to the WHL trade deadline.

The Tigers have traded 19-year-old defenseman Trevor Glass to Spokane in exchange for a 3rd round bantam draft selection in 2008 and a 2nd round bantam draft selection in 2010.

“It is with mixed emotions that we announce the trade of Trevor Glass to Spokane,” stated Tigers’ general manager/head coach Willie Desjardins. “ Trevor has been a big part of our club for the past four years and was key in our run in the playoffs last year. We felt a new environment might be beneficial for him and the best thing for his career. ”

“We certainly appreciate what Trevor and his family gave to our organization and without him we would not have enjoyed our success in the past number of years. We are pleased to be able to move him to a real good organization in Spokane and know the best things will happen for him there. We wish Trevor all the best in his future endeavours,” concluded Desjardins.

The move brings the Tiger’s roster to 23 players.

The Tigers next game is tomorrow night when they travel to Kootenay to take on the Ice before returning to Medicine Hat to defend home ice against the Moose Jaw Warriors on Saturday night.

Tiger Trauma
01-10-2008, 03:43 PM
I think we received a good deal for him. Considering we had to get rid of a 19 yr old.

Glass will probably be back as a 20 yr old in this league.

Glass often had a few injuries, and because of that I think he hasn't reached his potential. He had some good games, but I thought he was a little inconsistent. This year when he was healthy he played really well, and showed potential, but then he would get injured again, and start back over.

If trevor can stay healthy. He will be a big benefit to the spokane organization.

One moment I'll remember for a while is when he scored the game winner vs Vancouver, in Vancouver, giving the tiger a game 3 victory.

Good luck trevor in spokane, no doubt your in for another long playoff ride!

Tiger Trauma
01-10-2008, 03:45 PM
THis move does leave us short on the back-end, however I think Jerrid Sauer could be used as a utility defenseman for us.

that 2nd rounder could possibly be used as trade bait in the next year or 2.

Overall I'm satisfied with this deal. I believe it betters us in the long term.

Tiger Trauma
01-11-2008, 01:42 AM
Pains of Glass
By DARREN STEINKE

Trevor Glass had a group hug with his former Medicine Hat Tigers teammates before moving on with the next phase of his life.
At 1:30 p.m. Thursday — 90 minutes before the WHL’s trade deadline — Glass met with Tigers head coach and general manager Willie Desjardins at The Arena. The 19-year-old defenceman found out he had been traded to the Spokane Chiefs for a third round pick in the 2008 WHL Bantam Draft and a second round pick in 2010 draft.
After the meeting, Glass made a few phone calls before meeting with his now former teammates, who were filing in for that afternoon’s 3 p.m. practice.
The group hugged, the players went to get ready for practice and Glass met with the local media one last time, his eyes moistening up as he spoke.
“It happened so fast you never know how to take it,” said Glass. “All I have known through my junior career is Medicine Hat.

rest of the article
http://www.medicinehatnews.com/stories/localsports/article_8343.php

Good Luck trevor glass in spokane. Raise a little hell over there.