PDA

View Full Version : Pats new and improved roster

patsdude114
01-10-2008, 04:34 PM
here is how our depth chart may look now after all the deals......

RW/C/LW

Eberle/Kraus/DePape
Watt/Doucet/MacAngus
Leffler/Hill/Cereny
Mitchell/Strueby/Elder or Kennedy

sounds like Hanson is getting sent down to the Pat Cs to get more ice time

possible Defensive pairings

Bender/Pyett
Bartley/Teubert
Jackson/Delahey

with Kulchar and Pym our 6th and 7th Dmen

Rowat
Bosch

baring anymore trades that may not of been announced yet

CJSenterprise4
01-11-2008, 12:56 PM
couldn't get rid of Elder or Kennedy or Both of them! They are no good.

witness
01-11-2008, 01:28 PM
My opinion, for what it is worth:
1. I can't really see them spliting up the Eberle/Kraus/MacAngus line. But, at least now, they have more flexibility to move those top six around and have Cerveny able to slip in at any time.
2. Cerveny needs to play with skilled players not pluggers. I love Hill and what he brings to the rink, but have been disappointed in Leffler. I just thought he would be more of an offensive factor at this stage of his career.
3. Teubert needs to play with a stay at home eraser like Bender. Delahey's ice time will decrease which might make him more effective. I also think that Kulchar and Jackson are pretty even at their point in development. I would look at those two rotating and sitting out the odd game to allow some ice time to Pym.
4. Enough about the Elder/MacDonald trade! I have nothing against Ryan MacDonald, I have talked to him a couple of times and he seems like a nice enough kid. But here are the facts. Never did and never will fit into the idea of a 'team' concept. The vetern players on the Pats always viewed him as a selfish player that never put the team first. Measuring skill for skill, yes the Pats fell short in the trade. But, you also have to take into account team chemistry after the trade, and the Pats came out ahead. And that's all I have to say about that.
5. I have some time for Kennedy. He is 17 and only played in the league for 2 months. He needs some time to get used to the speed and strength of the game and to find a role that he fits into. He has good size, skates well and has some scoring ability. But, he is a project, just like most 17 year olds are in this league.

Lastly, I would like to thank the schedule makers. It is sure nice to be able to watch this team on back to back home games this weekend. I would suck if both games were away.

nivek_wahs
01-11-2008, 05:35 PM
couldn't get rid of Elder or Kennedy or Both of them! They are no good.Is everyone supposed to be a sniper? Ever hear of the phrase "Role Player"? They must bring something to the team otherwise they wouldn't be here.