PDA

View Full Version : The bell TOLLS and the results are.....

eye4aneye
01-10-2008, 04:38 PM
Who ever hears first...please post to start a new thread......AND ANALYSIS THE WHOLE TRADE WEEK> cripes sounds like friggiin fashion week vc178 Boogaard'd

TheSnowman
01-10-2008, 04:48 PM
Just so everyone's on the same page, this is how it looked coming into today's moves.

OUT
Jeff May, 20
Ryan DePape, 19
Zach Sim, 19
Brent Ottmann (non-roster)

IN
Brent Martin, 15
Robbie Chiolfi, 16
Jared Jagow, 19
2nd round 2008 pick
2nd round 2008 pick
5th round 2008 pick

dagley
01-10-2008, 04:50 PM
The trades aren't even done yet, there is more coming in and in abundance in about 10-15min.

Raiderfan8
01-10-2008, 06:14 PM
Still waiting.......

eye4aneye
01-10-2008, 06:15 PM
sorry the couch and cold one are calling me...i think we are done....if we are....crap we still have 19 year olds littered every where... :spineyes:

whlhockeyfan13
01-10-2008, 06:22 PM
I am going to check back later but think we are done too.

raider guy
01-10-2008, 07:08 PM
wow i cant belive we didnt do anything about the 19 year olds. When is don Clark gonna get the boot out of this city. This is pretty much bs what he has done. Why would he not get rid of a 19 year old or too. donn clark needs to step down before this club hits rock bottom if we have not already.

Knuckle Chucker
01-10-2008, 07:27 PM
wow i cant belive we didnt do anything about the 19 year olds. When is don Clark gonna get the boot out of this city. This is pretty much bs what he has done. Why would he not get rid of a 19 year old or too. donn clark needs to step down before this club hits rock bottom if we have not already.

Not only that but he took a 19yr old in return for Depape! If a count correctly we have 7 19yr olds on a team that will not make the playoffs...brutal

Rick 19
01-10-2008, 07:31 PM
Knuckle Chucker, what happened to the Fiddler deal?

whlhockeyfan13
01-10-2008, 08:09 PM
Maybe he (clark) knows he is going down and he is taking the team down with him! Or leaving a mess for the new GM

eye4aneye
01-10-2008, 09:21 PM
making a trade is like a marriage..both sides want it to happen...Maybe Clark was trying to make deals that the other teams wouldn't go through. Maybe he was the groom left at the alter?????
There are teams that DID NOTHING AT ALL during the trade week. There are teams that didn't do much at all.
I am sure moose jaw is scratching their heads wondering if they did enough. Calgary is probably scratching more then their heads thinking crap did we miss an opportunity? Red Deer/ Toon are they saying should we have gotten even younger? The RAiders are not the only club that seems like they were left at the alter. I think the 3 for may was a great deal...I think getting rid of the lack of energy of depape is great for the raiders, (I hope he realizes how good he had it in PA.... after going to Regina the workhorse club, he is going to discover that he is outta shape in practice) ....it may cramp his issues. I am sure Parker will have a few chats with him about his lack of effort on the ice the past while in PA, does he really think it went unnoticed???

Can we be a little positive here? Lets stay positive..there are some new guys coming into town...Lets show our support. :groovy:

Knuckle Chucker
01-10-2008, 10:07 PM
Knuckle Chucker, what happened to the Fiddler deal?

I guess we wanted it done but Calgary balked. The iron was in the fire for 2 or 3 days. Depape and May were mentioned then when they went elsewhere it was one of our top remaining 19yr olds offered up (plus another player plus a pick). Calgary would not pull the trigger. Clarke was trading for his life and landing those two players may have done it.

hitmanfan
01-10-2008, 10:12 PM
Idon't think the Hitmen needed to make a slew of changes. I am kind if sad with 1 euro but Kisio must thinkthey are alright. He said ealier in the weekhe wasn't going to bet the future.

shushu
01-10-2008, 10:21 PM
Idon't think the Hitmen needed to make a slew of changes. I am kind if sad with 1 euro but Kisio must thinkthey are alright. He said ealier in the weekhe wasn't going to bet the future.
there are aleast 6 teams that will be very hard to beat come playoff time besides calgary....what would be the point of selling out the future ,espcially when the cost this year is through the roof....pa probably has the same problem as red deer nobody want to pay that high of a cost.....i still think if riemer would of ended up a hitman that would of made thing very tough for the rest of the league .....................

eye4aneye
01-11-2008, 04:50 PM
I agree with alot of the points..names and deals were flying left and right..If the calgary deal fell through because of May and Depape being traded and there was an offer...at some point with those 2 in it..do you wait to see if calgary is going to pull the trigger?...and risk still having depape and may if the don't???...First come first serve....if we are sold out we have this to offer....I think considering how many teams are going for it, and how many teams are rebuilding, and there are teams that will not deal with Clark....I think we did well.
vc178 I mean look at toon red deer same boat different dock!