PDA

View Full Version : Spokane adds 19yr old Defenceman

patsdude114
01-10-2008, 04:46 PM
Medicine Hat, AB – Medicine Hat Tigers announce this afternoon they have completed a trade with the Spokane Chiefs prior to the WHL trade deadline.

The Tigers have traded 19-year-old defenseman Trevor Glass to Spokane in exchange for a 3rd round bantam draft selection in 2008 and a 2nd round bantam draft selection in 2010.

“It is with mixed emotions that we announce the trade of Trevor Glass to Spokane,” stated Tigers’ general manager/head coach Willie Desjardins. “ Trevor has been a big part of our club for the past four years and was key in our run in the playoffs last year. We felt a new environment might be beneficial for him and the best thing for his career. ”

“We certainly appreciate what Trevor and his family gave to our organization and without him we would not have enjoyed our success in the past number of years. We are pleased to be able to move him to a real good organization in Spokane and know the best things will happen for him there. We wish Trevor all the best in his future endeavours,” concluded Desjardins.

The move brings the Tiger’s roster to 23 players.

HomerSimpson
01-10-2008, 06:58 PM
Had to figure the team would add depth to their blueline. Glass is a potential overager for us next year too, so that will certainly help.

Tiger Trauma
01-10-2008, 11:02 PM
Glass was a former 1st round pick of the tigers.

Trevor Glass is a solid #3,4 type defenceman.

His best attribute is he does very well in his own end. Good on the PK, an active stick, and he doesn't take many stupid penalties. He is not a fighter but every once in a while he will throw a big hit.

He has had a few concussion/knee problems while over here and has never steadily stayed in the lineup however he usually only misses a game or two before he is back in.

He could definitely improve upon, keeping tabs on where the opponent is on the ice. Sometimes when he goes into a corner you wonder if he knows his opponent is only 5 steps away.

chiefaholic
01-11-2008, 10:17 AM
Thank you for the info on Glass. Very much appreiciated. Sounds like he should be a great addition to our blueline. And his Memorial cup/playoff experience should really help out our young group of d-men. Look forward to seeing him in the line-up on sat night.

HomerSimpson
01-11-2008, 09:32 PM
Personally, I love this trade.

I didn't comment much on it before, but I think Tim Speltz's two moves this year were phenomenal...if we're looking to go all the way this year; he definately had to give up some assets to get McCrae and Glass.

McCrae is a former WHL captain...it stinks that we had to give up Gallimore to get him, but if he plays up to his potential, he's definately a top 6 forward for us, and will be a leader in the locker room.

Glass will be a fantastic fit because he will come in and play a role for us. In year's past, it seems like Speltz was trying to hit homeruns with his trades...picking up guys with attitudes...this year, he seems like he didn't swing for the fences so much and just brought in guys who seem like winners.

LifelongChiefsFan
01-12-2008, 03:51 AM
I like both trades this year as well. McCrae, well he has already proved his worth in his 2 games so far this year. He's filled in nicely for Bruton during his suspension. Glass looks like a good pickup as well. Oft injured I've heard, so hopefully he can stay healthy for the rest of the year, but he looks like a solid defender. I was particularly impressed with his +13 in 21 playoff games with Medicine Hat last year.

It is going to be interesting to see how the Chiefs' rotate their defensive players the rest of the year. Assuming Glass does stay healthy the Chiefs will have 8 defensemen. No doubt Falk, Reddington, Cowen and Spurgeon will be starting every game. I wonder which of Coyle, Bartman and Ulmer will get the most playing time going forward.

HomerSimpson
01-13-2008, 05:20 PM
IMO Coyle deserves to be in the lineup every night. He's the best of the trio. Ulmer and Bartman are not bad players either though...it's going to make for some tough decisions.

chiefaholic
01-14-2008, 04:15 AM
IMO Coyle deserves to be in the lineup every night. He's the best of the trio. Ulmer and Bartman are not bad players either though...it's going to make for some tough decisions.

What a great problem to have though. I definatly think we've got some great depth. Donaghy will be in that mix as well i think. But he has been playing forward the last couple of games with Bruton's suspension freeing up a uniform for 3 games. Will be interesting to see what happens with the lines. Who sits more? who plays more? Time will tell i spose.

LinkGaetzFan
01-17-2008, 12:43 AM
It seems we still lack a skilled offensive playmaker who will come through when we need him most. Our success is based off solid team play, excellent passing and positioning. When another team figures us out and leanrs to play against us, we desperately need that playmaker.

I'm impressed with both new guys. McCrae has proven himself, and Glass is a solid, very fast defenseman.

HomerSimpson
01-17-2008, 08:41 PM
I just think someone needs to step up and score that big goal. We have guys who have proven they can do it (Rutherford, Bowman, Wahl, Bruton; etc). And we all know Wahl and Roman are two of the best playmaking centers in the entire 'dub. I just can't figure it out...on paper our power play should be as good if not better than anyone else's in the league, yet we still can't seem to score.

LinkGaetzFan
01-18-2008, 12:35 AM
I think it becomes very obvious during shootouts. I don't know what our SO record is, but I've witnessed 2 SO losses and I'm pretty sure I heard another on the radio. We really don't have someone with "the knack" to get the job done when we need it most. I'm not trying to knock Bowman, Wahl and others. We have a lot of solid players. Even Roman is shooting the puck, but he still prefers to pass the puck and telegraphes his intentions badly. Makes me wonder how Grabner would have fared with the Chiefs this year.