PDA

View Full Version : the tribe next year????

wardog fan
01-10-2008, 09:32 PM
well i thought it would be fun, i have noticed some others doing it and im bored. alot of people are easy to write off the tribe next season
i disagree, hence i dont think we will be a powerhouse by anymeans, but i dont think we are going to be a basement dweller.
looking at the potential we have for next year, but again alot of question marks ..

goaltender..
*biggest concern and question mark entering next season, for the first time in 5 seasons joey perricone will not be in a
warrior jersey.*

todd matthews(90) who is the current backup has looked good in his short time of playing, i think he will be a lock in for next year
but i can see some pressure coming from brandon glover(92) and brett willows(90) and adam murray(91). no guarratee that
willow and murray will be in camp next year. willow has rumored to be interested in college, and murray is a very high touted
goalie in the states and is currently with the usa under 17 develop team. one long question is kevin jebson(89) who has had a brief stint
with the tribe last season, will he be around next year?

loss: joey perricone(grad)

defense..
strong point in my books.
returning ty ariss(90), ryan stanton(89), chad suer(90), kevin smith(91) all have looked good and matured as a group nicely.
the key dman returning is travis hamonic(90) this kid is going to be a stud, he is growing so much while working with ellerby he has toughness and
offensive upside. the question mark is will brett ward be back as a 20 yr old? i guess that depends on other key returning players
but my guess is ty wishart, and keaton ellerby will not be back with the tribe next year. as nice as it is to have them i dont think we
will miss them that much next year .
young up and comers are paul bonar(91) played well at the under 17's and travis miller who was a late cut at training camp.

forwards...
coming back to the tribe is a decent group of players, neil prokop(90), brian sommers(90) both have blossom well, prokop stands out the
most with his size, he could put up some decent numbers in a larger role next year. the 89' are lead by jason bast, and joel broda.
a pretty good combo and add into that the two euros who are learning the game well and transitted decent, thomas karpov(89) and
martin filo(89) the question is does the club bring them both back? i would like to think so , if i had a choice i would bring karpov back
and draft another forward.. 92's will be lead by nathon macmaster and last years number one pick quinton howdin, add to the mix zane weal, marshall,mcfaull.
if theres going to be any other players cracking the lineup n. boureois(91), r.reinbolt(91), and corey scott all should make a big push next year.

next year the tribe will have 4 88's fuller, grantham, knackstedt, and holzy. holzy, and knackstedt i expect will not return and will play pro,
and i expect grantham and fuller returning and may take up 2 of our overage spots.

grad losses: terrence delaronde and frazer mclaren, two huge holes to fill. delaronde's play is without a doubt a treat to watch

so with all that in mind i suspect some trades and what have you from now till next season but thats my take on what i think we have coming back..
heres a thought , what would we do if wishart, ellerby, holzy , knackstedt came back? lol im dreaming but if theres a chance of any im betting on
knackstedt and ellerby as i do believe hes not signed. wishart and holzy are guarretee's they will be playing pro somewhere, as are the other two
who are log shots at best to return..

wardog fan
01-10-2008, 09:39 PM
i forgot to mention g. nyren(89) , very gifted skater , whos played both defense and forward this year , i believe with a full year at forward he could put up some decent numbers..

mj123
01-10-2008, 11:37 PM
could you list your thoughts on the 2008/2009 roster..
indicating rookies...and possible line combinations.

wardog fan
01-11-2008, 12:07 AM
oh gosh , line combos.lol i cant even tell you who will make the team , thats a ways away. but my write up on here gives you a very close idea, i may have missed a younger player but who i listed are pretty good and make good impressions at our training camp, with exception of murray the goalie he didnt show up to camp.

mj123
01-16-2008, 11:35 AM
who will be 16 and 17 year old rookies on the tribe next year?

Tiger Trauma
01-16-2008, 07:44 PM
Nyren saw him play in medicine hat, at forward, and he was very noticeable, looked real slick, and has some moves. Had a real good game. Looked like he has a bunch of potential.

Warrior Fan
02-04-2008, 02:27 PM
Broda Bast Karpov
Grantham Prokop Filo
Nyren Fuller Sommers
MacMaster Howden

Reinbolt, Scott, Kelly, Bougois, Mackay will all push for spots up front

Ellerby isn't signed as he is a late draft year player. Not out of the question that he returns

Suer Stanton
Hamonic Smith
Bonar Ariss
Ward McFaul/McIlrath/Cox

Our defense is in pretty good shape.

Mathews
Glover

Adam Murray will be in contention if he doens't crack the USNDP. That would be a huge bonus. wow.

Overal doesn't look too bad really.