PDA

View Full Version : playoffs

Teddy_B
01-11-2008, 12:06 PM
I'm interested to know with the Warriors new look after the trade deadline what are your thoughts on how deep the Warriors can go in the playoffs?

wardog fan
01-11-2008, 01:38 PM
oh man predictions.lol im not going to predict. but i can say honestly we match up with anyone in the conference now. now with that said we have shutdown defense , shutdown forward line these guys can and will shut down the oppostion top lines. we have scoreing and i believe with wishart our powerplay is going to be top notch. any thing can happen in the playoffs, its the new season. i dont see really a weak link in the playoffs with maybe medi hat and even then despite trading their top dman i dont think it will hurt them too much. do i see teams ahead of the class, ya calgary, i think despite lethbridge being quiet their considered still , they have empressed me when they have come to the jaw. regina would have to be a contender, toughness and the question mark i have is j.d watt. which j.d watt shows up ? the one who got kicked out in his first pats game and the same one who has been a thorn all year in red deer or the j.d watt who scored 35 goals last year? the 35 goal scorer shows up in regina they have a huge shot i think of going deep. they have a big defense but i hear very slow, that may cause problems and a unproven goalie. moose jaw not being bias but i believe are a contender two shutdown dmen, fast moving defense . they can play fast pace hockey or old time hockey neither game hurts us at all, hes a side note of all the teams moose jaw has the only proven goalie to go to a confernce final. dan spence is next with calgary. ( if im wrong with that let me know) but perricone when hot can steal a game... im going to lay one more contender out there and its brandon. their first visit here in the jaw , they didnt look good for two periods but they showed why alot of people are talking about them, i agree fehr's line who kept the jaw on their heals all third period, gives them alot of depth now. they added a tough guy and with the right motivation and they have that with mccrimmon this could be a fun ride for brandon. one note whatever happens with this club this year first round bust or second round, its only experience next year for what i predict is a huge eastern conference favorite next year. swifty confuses me alot, its hard to answer what will happen with them, they added some toughness and they already have the forwards. at frist of the year with dansereau and felde coming in they were legit contenders but now time passes by they slip and other teams added up and i just dont know about them right now. i dont think they are far behind if they are not right with the top teams. but one thing i can say is they remind of the warriors team who went all the way to the finals two years ago, we had browuer,boyd,jones,mcardle,holzapfel, our defense no big names just guys who played with heart, no real tough guy and a unproven goalie who was in his first year as a starter, we went threw what i thought then was a very tough east conference includeing brandon, calgary and medicine hat. i guess it doesnt matter about the name on the back of a jersey its all about playing for that logo on the front and playing with heart and desire, and swifty if anything they remind of moose jaw two years ago the potential is there... to predict this is not right i dont even know the matchups.lol but to assess the contenders thats my insight, anyone esle want to touch this? be my guest

hobster
01-11-2008, 02:48 PM
oh man predictions.lol im not going to predict. but i can say honestly we match up with anyone in the conference now. now with that said we have shutdown defense , shutdown forward line these guys can and will shut down the oppostion top lines. we have scoreing and i believe with wishart our powerplay is going to be top notch. any thing can happen in the playoffs, its the new season. i dont see really a weak link in the playoffs with maybe medi hat and even then despite trading their top dman i dont think it will hurt them too much. do i see teams ahead of the class, ya calgary, i think despite lethbridge being quiet their considered still , they have empressed me when they have come to the jaw. regina would have to be a contender, toughness and the question mark i have is j.d watt. which j.d watt shows up ? the one who got kicked out in his first pats game and the same one who has been a thorn all year in red deer or the j.d watt who scored 35 goals last year? the 35 goal scorer shows up in regina they have a huge shot i think of going deep. they have a big defense but i hear very slow, that may cause problems and a unproven goalie. moose jaw not being bias but i believe are a contender two shutdown dmen, fast moving defense . they can play fast pace hockey or old time hockey neither game hurts us at all, hes a side note of all the teams moose jaw has the only proven goalie to go to a confernce final. dan spence is next with calgary. ( if im wrong with that let me know) but perricone when hot can steal a game... im going to lay one more contender out there and its brandon. their first visit here in the jaw , they didnt look good for two periods but they showed why alot of people are talking about them, i agree fehr's line who kept the jaw on their heals all third period, gives them alot of depth now. they added a tough guy and with the right motivation and they have that with mccrimmon this could be a fun ride for brandon. one note whatever happens with this club this year first round bust or second round, its only experience next year for what i predict is a huge eastern conference favorite next year. swifty confuses me alot, its hard to answer what will happen with them, they added some toughness and they already have the forwards. at frist of the year with dansereau and felde coming in they were legit contenders but now time passes by they slip and other teams added up and i just dont know about them right now. i dont think they are far behind if they are not right with the top teams. but one thing i can say is they remind of the warriors team who went all the way to the finals two years ago, we had browuer,boyd,jones,mcardle,holzapfel, our defense no big names just guys who played with heart, no real tough guy and a unproven goalie who was in his first year as a starter, we went threw what i thought then was a very tough east conference includeing brandon, calgary and medicine hat. i guess it doesnt matter about the name on the back of a jersey its all about playing for that logo on the front and playing with heart and desire, and swifty if anything they remind of moose jaw two years ago the potential is there... to predict this is not right i dont even know the matchups.lol but to assess the contenders thats my insight, anyone esle want to touch this? be my guest
To me i like the warriors right up there with Calgary im predicting the Warriors to finnish first with Swift second Regina third and Brandon fourth my predictions for first round matchups are as followed

Cal vs MH
Cal wins in 5

MJ vs KTN
MJ wins in 6

SC VS BRA
BRA wins in 7

REG vs LH
REG wins in 5

second round

CAL vs BRA
CAL wins in 6

MJ VS REG
Mj wins in 7

third round

CAL vs MJ
MJ win in 7

WHL FINAL

SPO vs MJ

MJ wins in 6

wardog fan
01-11-2008, 03:05 PM
wow, those are some bold predictions.. i like them. damn that would be sweet .. your hired as a new warrior fan.lmao.... naw seriously i think that any team that comes out of the east will not stand a chance against the west just for the plain factor, worn out. i think our east playoffs are going to be hard fought exciting hockey no clear cut under dogs, and favs. i dont see one team taking a easy road to the final. again two years ago for moose jaw in the final agaisnt vancouver , its not that i felt van had the better team , our kids were flat out worn right out and it showed in the first game right threw.. thats alot of travel, games and beating up all in a span of a month and a half.. their human not robots..lol but im holding faith that a east team wins err.. but thanks hobster for the praise and i hope your right on your predictions.lol

sbtatter
01-11-2008, 03:19 PM
wow, those are some bold predictions.. i like them. damn that would be sweet .. your hired as a new warrior fan.lmao.... naw seriously i think that any team that comes out of the east will not stand a chance against the west just for the plain factor, worn out. i think our east playoffs are going to be hard fought exciting hockey no clear cut under dogs, and favs. i dont see one team taking a easy road to the final. again two years ago for moose jaw in the final agaisnt vancouver , its not that i felt van had the better team , our kids were flat out worn right out and it showed in the first game right threw.. thats alot of travel, games and beating up all in a span of a month and a half.. their human not robots..lol but im holding faith that a east team wins err.. but thanks hobster for the praise and i hope your right on your predictions.lol
When Bdn played Kelowna in the final we were worn out and beat up, never got going in that series, the 7 games against Getzlaff,Ladd and the Hitmen proved to be too many bus miles......
I was very impressed with the grit MJ showed the other night home to Brandon, Ellerby looked better than the last time you guys were here..Wishart will be good of course.
If i had to bet, i'd take Calgary and Med Hat in the central, regina and MJ in the east. I wonder if Regina made too many changes, so my conference final is calgary and Moose Jaw, i think calgary has the horses to win that match up, but wouldn't count the warriors out of a 7 game series win.....

hobster
01-11-2008, 03:27 PM
When Bdn played Kelowna in the final we were worn out and beat up, never got going in that series, the 7 games against Getzlaff,Ladd and the Hitmen proved to be too many bus miles......
I was very impressed with the grit MJ showed the other night home to Brandon, Ellerby looked better than the last time you guys were here..Wishart will be good of course.
If i had to bet, i'd take Calgary and Med Hat in the central, regina and MJ in the east. I wonder if Regina made too many changes, so my conference final is calgary and Moose Jaw, i think calgary has the horses to win that match up, but wouldn't count the warriors out of a 7 game series win.....
Im so jealous that the Blades wont make the playoffs this year and were only in early Janurary but it's pretty much decided. So i have too cheer for a team this year in the playoffs and that will be Moose Jaw. Huge fan of Wishart Love Holtzy they really have it all now a number 1 quarterback for there pp 2 top scoring lines a couple legit fighters in McLarin and Grantham and a good checking line and a energy line with a 5 year goalie in Perricone in net who has WHL finas experiance.

wardog fan
01-11-2008, 03:28 PM
how about some playoff matchups, wow would i like to see brandon and swifty play 7 games.. the speed in that series would be sick. why not calgary and moose jaw both teams seem to have the horses on defense and scoring punches and tough guys to boot, the last time these two meant was two years ago and what a series that was.. of coarse the obvious regina moose jaw, always a treat when these two hook up but add the playoff hype wow.. i think lethbridge alot of people are counting out but i see them even though theres not much experence there they match up well with swift and brandon.. medicine hat showed alot of speed and grit when they have come to the jaw and they matchup well and they have a legit tough guy who can police things.. and i guess i forgot to mention kootenay, they can sneak by with some kind of run, they have some scoring but do they have the strengh and finesse to get threw this tough conference. maxwell comes back from his injury they have some solid scorers... im excited just talking about the playoffs should be fun, but i am not touching the predictions with a 20 foot poll, but good to see a couple of guys giving the thumbs up for the tribe..
go warriors and heres to hearing that war drum threw the summer

hobster
01-11-2008, 03:39 PM
For the Warriors i seriously can't pinpoint a weakness right now it would have been there pp if they didn't add wishart. If i had too say 1 thing maybe it would be the lack of playoff experiance from there backup, If Perricone gets injured but young guys have proved too be soild as youngsters in the past with a good defence just look at Dan Blackburne as a 16 year old rookie back in the day with Kootenay.

Teddy_B
01-11-2008, 07:27 PM

Would it be safe to say anything less than making the WHL league finals would be a disappointment for the amount of talent that you have and for the possible talent you gave up?