PDA

View Full Version : Brandon beats Swift Current

dagley
01-11-2008, 10:21 PM
Great win tonight, and it was quite a good game. McCue was excellent in his Wheat Kings debut, nice assist and a few big hits and was solid. I thought the baby blue line was pretty good tonight, Glennie needs to bury those chances! Anybody get a chance to talk to Luke Schenn and wish him a congratulations?

WHEATMAN
01-11-2008, 10:29 PM
Speaking of burying chances, how did Fehr miss that open net?! I thought McCue played a good game too, it was nice to see him taking the body,and if he can have more games like that I will be pleased. Who was the ref tonight? That was a crappy call on Yeo when he destroyed that bronco in the first. Good win by the Wheaties tonight, here is hoping they can do it again tomorrow against the Giants.

sbtatter
01-11-2008, 10:51 PM
I thought the baby blues generated a lot of chances but Glennie decided not to shoot for some reason. I was very glad to see Yeo take Weise to task after the run at Glennie, it was Weise who caused Glennies concussion. Yeo was smart not to take an extra 2 minutes, great for Bdn to get rid of weise for the game. It was funny watching yeo throw the water bottle at Weise, and Weise throw the towel, they kept yapping then got tossed. But the talking continued off ice!! Then at the end when Dudas was trying to get at Glennie, how great was it to see Aulie step in.
The top line wasn't creating lots of chances, they really mis Clarkey. Will you see a sweeter goal than the one Green scored tonight? Looks like he's been taling lessons from Dittmer, sweet backhand. I think Green is gaining confidence daily, and headed for really good things. Great to see Kings line create 2 goals, without our top forward and d-man we handled the Bronco's easily. McCue can wrist the puck from his own goal line to the glass at the other end, great for penalty killing!! I like the way he played. he'll be a hybrid of erb and Yeo, he'll make some mistakes but I like the physical edge he brings. I see Vancouver are losing in regina, so they'll likely be fiesty in here tomorrow night....

sbtatter
01-11-2008, 10:52 PM
Speaking of burying chances, how did Fehr miss that open net?! I thought McCue played a good game too, it was nice to see him taking the body,and if he can have more games like that I will be pleased. Who was the ref tonight? That was a crappy call on Yeo when he destroyed that bronco in the first. Good win by the Wheaties tonight, here is hoping they can do it again tomorrow against the Giants. It was the same ref who missed the hit by kennedy on fehr, brutal calls tonight. Fehr and Glennie both missed open nets, oh well, didn't need those goals tonight, saved them for tomorrow!

Vik
01-11-2008, 11:26 PM
McCue can wrist the puck from his own goal line to the glass at the other end, great for penalty killing!! I like the way he played. he'll be a hybrid of erb and Yeo, he'll make some mistakes but I like the physical edge he brings.
The thing that I liked is that, unlike Yeo, he can actually hit the net with his shot. To me, it doesn't look like he's got much of a head on him but he seems like a good enough pick up.

FIVE FOR FIGHTING
01-12-2008, 12:47 PM
How did the Bronco's new additions look?

sbtatter
01-12-2008, 03:14 PM
How did the Bronco's new additions look?
Dudas is bigger than i thought, physical, no nonsense type of guy. I liked his game. Didn't notice Stamler, which is a good thing for a d-man i guess!!