PDA

View Full Version : Red Deer 3 Warriors 0

patsdude114
01-12-2008, 12:29 AM
what happened in Red Deer tonight shut out by the Rebels wow that took me by surprise when i looked on the whlfans site for scores tonight.

Reimer must of played on top of his head against youguys tonight stopping all 46 shots on goal for the SO...... i guess MJ did everything rigth except score kudos to the Warriors for there effort tonight.

agent
01-12-2008, 02:43 PM
by starting the backup goalie he may have sent the message that it would be a cake walk. vci11

Glad to see Smitty play well for Red deer.

Rebel66
01-12-2008, 03:40 PM
by starting the backup goalie he may have sent the message that it would be a cake walk. vci11

Glad to see Smitty play well for Red deer.

That's what I thought to. MJ might have taken the Rebels too lightly. Hopefully other coaches feel the same way.

You have to say that Reimer's all-world performance didn't hurt either!

wardog fan
01-12-2008, 04:50 PM
this is my take on this, i disagree by taking them lightly, hunchak is smarter then that. secondly matthews needs to play, last time i looked we are without a vetern goalie next year , hats off to dave to play the kid. third i thought he played well , one sloppy goal in the first and didnt see the second and the third was a empty netter. cant win them all 46 shots and 20 of them in the first period and they werent just ****ty shots,quality and the whole entire first period was played in the red deer end. its a game , thats why we play them out , if we didnt we might as well hand the trophy to spokane and call it a day. young kids need to play and why isnt now the better time. would you rather see matthews play in our last 10 games when they actually mean something? this is the whl the best junior hockey in the world , there is no i repeat no easy night off in any game in any barn. no excuses from me , we lost we gather back up play tonight in medicine hat and try and salvage two points which will be hard to get in their barn... the top teams learn to win on the road....

wardog fan
01-12-2008, 04:52 PM
by the way what a performance by reimer, and i agree it was good to see carter smith get 3 pts ....

patsdude114
01-12-2008, 05:36 PM
judging from stats only in that game (shots on net) sounds like MJ did everything right besides put 1 past Reimer...

You cant blame the Matthews for the lost when the team cant beat the goaltender on the other end. Matthews needs time between the pipes as well, usually against the so called weaker teams is how it works for the backup..... and the backup no matter what team ur looking at has to stay sharp incase the starter goes down with a injury.... not many back up keepers in our division can carry the load if the starter goes down with a lengthly injury...

Im not trying to bias or anything but the top 2 back up goaltenders in our division is Bosch (REG) and Zemalek (SSK) there was a reason why Bosch got a invite to that top goaltenders school this past summer which also included Sexsmith, Mason, and Irving

wardog fan
01-12-2008, 05:46 PM
people forget that matthews is now 4-2 on the year with a better shoot out record then our current starter slash vetern this year. matthews last time out against the rebels in moose jaw he beat them 6-1 and looked very good. no way was starting matthews a message that the rebels were to be taken lightly. as far as im concerned you play every game to win and get the 2 pts. if anything starting matthews meant for the defense to nut up more, which they did i thought they played well. things are good in the jaw and im just stateing that one loss isnt going to hurt anything. the rebels played well and had a great performance from their top goalie and got the goals when they needed them to win.
go warriors