PDA

View Full Version : Bronco Trade Thoughts

Scout
01-12-2008, 08:47 AM
Well the trade deadline is over and i'm curious on everyones thoughts on how the Broncos did. I think Dean did a good job not giving up the future yet got us what we needed which was help on the backend. With Molle ( 6'2" 202lbs. ) and R.J. ( 6'3" 200LBS. ) out for extended periods of time we needed some bigger boys on D. Dean went out and got Bretton Stamler ( 6'1" 203lbs. ) and Jesse Dudas ( 6'1" 228lbs. ) two bigger guys who should be able to clear the net. I hated to see R.J. go but his future was unsure and we didn't give up our future. The one thing which would have been nice would have been a tough, grinding forward to help out Smith and Wiese and add that little bit of fear into the opponents.

My only concern is next year. Stamler is 20 and Dudas is 19. That means right now we have 11 players who are either 19 and 20 years old. Thats a big chunk of our team that we could loose as only 3 can return. We will loose Stamler, Wilson and Felde. Could hurt.

Scout

d-man
01-12-2008, 09:19 AM
Well the trade deadline is over and i'm curious on everyones thoughts on how the Broncos did. I think Dean did a good job not giving up the future yet got us what we needed which was help on the backend. With Molle ( 6'2" 202lbs. ) and R.J. ( 6'3" 200LBS. ) out for extended periods of time we needed some bigger boys on D. Dean went out and got Bretton Stamler ( 6'1" 203lbs. ) and Jesse Dudas ( 6'1" 228lbs. ) two bigger guys who should be able to clear the net. I hated to see R.J. go but his future was unsure and we didn't give up our future. The one thing which would have been nice would have been a tough, grinding forward to help out Smith and Wiese and add that little bit of fear into the opponents.

My only concern is next year. Stamler is 20 and Dudas is 19. That means right now we have 11 players who are either 19 and 20 years old. Thats a big chunk of our team that we could loose as only 3 can return. We will loose Stamler, Wilson and Felde. Could hurt.

Scout

Scout I agree with your comments on the trades. I really like the fact we have 11 older players that are going to provide leadership and experience for the second half of the season and through the playoffs.
For next year here's how I see the 20yo situation at best unfolding:
Stieler - not likely to return as 20yo Euro
Nelson - hopefully catches on in the Bruins system somewhere
Dudas - hopefully catches on in the Red Wings system somewhere
Weise - back for sure
Smith - back for sure
Yonkman - comes back unless Guggenberger is the real deal, or Ferber commits
Dansereau and MacAvoy unfortunately are the odd guys odd unless something changes in goal. I'd sure like to see Dans play hard for a 20yo spot though.

Good news is we have 2 months left this year, playoffs and exciting and healthy team ready to roll. Can't wait to see them at home with a few practices under their belt. :groovy:

Big Ern
01-12-2008, 10:06 AM
Scout I agree with your comments on the trades. I really like the fact we have 11 older players that are going to provide leadership and experience for the second half of the season and through the playoffs.
For next year here's how I see the 20yo situation at best unfolding:
Stieler - not likely to return as 20yo Euro
Nelson - hopefully catches on in the Bruins system somewhere
Dudas - hopefully catches on in the Red Wings system somewhere
Weise - back for sure
Smith - back for sure
Yonkman - comes back unless Guggenberger is the real deal, or Ferber commits
Dansereau and MacAvoy unfortunately are the odd guys odd unless something changes in goal. I'd sure like to see Dans play hard for a 20yo spot though.

Good news is we have 2 months left this year, playoffs and exciting and healthy team ready to roll. Can't wait to see them at home with a few practices under their belt. :groovy:

I highly doubt that, if he keeps playing like he has been.

Toswammi
01-12-2008, 11:02 AM
I highly doubt that, if he keeps playing like he has been.

Actually i agree with ya. I had a convo about this last night and we figure that Wiess is the most pro ready player on the team. His physical maturity is just amazing.

Flathead
01-12-2008, 01:31 PM
Actually i agree with ya. I had a convo about this last night and we figure that Wiess is the most pro ready player on the team. His physical maturity is just amazing.
I agree with both af ya, as well. I wouldn't be surprised at all to see Weise playing in the AHL next year. He reminds me a lot of ex TBird and Bronco, Jeremy Reich and like Reich, if Weise keeps up the hard work he too can be playing in the bigs some day.