PDA

View Full Version : Broncos 2 @ Pats 4

Big Ern
01-13-2008, 01:17 AM
LOOOONG drive home! I say this after coming home through the fog.....hopes up, hopes down, and so on, as the fog thickened, and cleared, and thickened, and cleared all the way home from the Queen City. The average speed I ended up going on the way home as a result? Perhaps 90 KPH. Drat.

Now for the game.....

I get a heavy feeling after watching that one...things are not going the way we want them to right now. After pulling off a three-game winning streak, the Broncos came up with two losses this weekend.

Last night's game was a tough one to watch. For a while, the Broncos owned Regina, and ended up drawing a slur of penalties to start the game, all drawn with speed and skill. David Steiler scored a PP goal, similar to the one he scored on the Pats one week ago. That put Swifty up 1-0 in the game, and at that point, they were out-shooting Regina 9-1. It looked pretty darn good.

And then, after taking a penalty, things turned around a bit. The first penalty really was not the culprit...it was the second one taken deep in the offensive zone by one of our top veteran players. It was a questionable call, as were a few calls tonight by Trevor Hrycuik. But, that's the game I guess. The Pats managed to score on the ensuing 5 on 3, and that seemed to down the Broncos even more. The Pats managed another goal before the end of the first to take the 2-1 lead.

From there it was pretty much the same game all the way along. The guys created some chances, but Jeff Bosch stayed solid in net for Regina. He was pretty good overall, stopping 28 of 30 shots for the win. Regina capitalized on a mistake by the Broncos' defense to make the score 3-1, and then again on a PP in the third period. The Broncos matched chances and did pretty good for the rest of the contest. The point is: Our team is a LOT faster than Regina, and this game was more a game of bad breaks. But so goes it. The negative end is, some of our veteran guys didn't really show up. And as far as breaks go, coaches always say that good teams create their breaks. So there you have it.

It's not a good feeling. The Broncos seem to do great for a time, and then hit a brick wall over and over again. However, this guy still has a lot of faith in our group...maybe a practice or two with the new aquisitions will help.

NOTES:

-I think Stamler and Dudas are two GREAT aquisitions, especially Stamler. He stands guys up coming into the zone, is EXTREMELY aware in every situation, and seldom makes mistakes. And Dudas is catching on to our PP on the point. The new guys are great!

-Frustrated? Look, we're in the playoffs by ten points, and not far out of second in the conference. A lot of teams would love to be in our position.

-Regina in the WHL Championship? No. Regina in the MEM CUP? No. Regina the so-called "POWERHOUSE?" Hell no. I've watched carefully. The Pats got tougher at the deadline, but yet, they got slower than their already slow team. I don't think that helped. So my point? (humble opinion by the way, but too obvious...) Don't look for a Pats' jersey in the third or fourth round. They won't be there.

-Wednesday's tilt should be a good one...Red Deer is in town. Get your tix!!

LET'S GO SWIFTY!!!

urbanroots
01-13-2008, 02:38 AM
Last night's game was a tough one to watch. For a while, the Broncos owned Regina, and ended up drawing a slur of penalties to start the game, all drawn with speed and skill.

Not quite sure what game you were watching? There was no owning of the Pats at all, the only reason you were able to acquire 9 shots on goal in the first 10 minutes was due to the three penalties on the Pats. That's not owning my friend that's simply a power play.

And then, after taking a penalty, things turned around a bit. The first penalty really was not the culprit...it was the second one taken deep in the offensive zone by one of our top veteran players. It was a questionable call, as were a few calls tonight by Trevor Hrycuik.

I hope your not referring to Tassone running our goalie then turtling. Or were you talking about when Smith grabbed our dmans leg with both his arms and pulled him down? Neither were questionable. Watch for Globals coverage of both, very clear.

-Regina in the WHL Championship? No. Regina in the MEM CUP? No. Regina the so-called "POWERHOUSE?" Hell no. I've watched carefully. The Pats got tougher at the deadline, but yet, they got slower than their already slow team. I don't think that helped. So my point? (humble opinion by the way, but too obvious...) Don't look for a Pats' jersey in the third or fourth round. They won't be there.

I can tell with that comment you missed them spank the Giants last night. It was pure domination from start to finish. The only reason the Giants had any life at all was due to 2 - 5/3 power plays at the end of the 3rd period.

The Giants are for real, by far the best team in the League hands down. I truly was shocked, even as a Pats fan to see how the Pats handled these guys.

I think once the playoffs come and you see the adrenaline these guys have you will be speaking a different tune.

Big Ern
01-13-2008, 11:28 AM
Not quite sure what game you were watching? There was no owning of the Pats at all, the only reason you were able to acquire 9 shots on goal in the first 10 minutes was due to the three penalties on the Pats. That's not owning my friend that's simply a power play.

It's called being a lot faster than the opposition, my friend. Why did Regina take those first three penalties? Because slow guys like Teubert specialize in hooking, holding and impeding. That's the only way they can stop a fast team.

ointhecreek
01-13-2008, 04:00 PM
I can tell with that comment you missed them spank the Giants last night. It was pure domination from start to finish. The only reason the Giants had any life at all was due to 2 - 5/3 power plays at the end of the 3rd period.

The Giants are for real, by far the best team in the League hands down. I truly was shocked, even as a Pats fan to see how the Pats handled these guys.

I think once the playoffs come and you see the adrenaline these guys have you will be speaking a different tune.
Spanked them? I never seen the game, but according to all reports the pats had 5 or 6 shots in the first 2 periods. I would hardly call that a spanking. Sure they scored 2 goals, but I would say the giants, especially Sexsmith, had a bad game.