PDA

View Full Version : Tiggers vs Moose Jaw

Tiger Trauma
01-13-2008, 03:38 AM
Wow its been just over a month since I've been to a tiger game at home. I've seen a few games lately but the tigers weren't involved.

With the exception of the first 2 shifts, The first 2 periods did not look good from a tiger standpoint. Moose Jaw was all over them. Their forwards were all over us. Thier speed cost us many a turnover in the first 2 periods. The tigers were playing very sloppy, the tigers forwards were cheating way to much up ice. Moose Jaw's first goal was because the tigers failed to get out of their zone numerous times, because the forwards were too high creating only suicide pass options. I almost thought that the tigers were playing a bit scared, because moose jaw was coming at us so fast, and were successfully plugging up the passing lanes.

The tigers still did manage to create a few very good scoring chances, they missed 3 partial open nets in the first period alone. Getting one of those chances could have turned the game around. They also missed a 2 on 0 chance, which i thought the tigers should have been awarded a penalty shot.

In the third the tigers played much better. The momentum swung the tigers way and moose jaw was on their heals. Just when you thought the tigers would come back, moose jaw got a lucky bounce, when a deflected puck off the post, sat right on the tape of McLaren to put the Jaw up for good.

I think the funniest moment I've seen this year from a ref is when, a tiger forward Cameron??, got hauled down behind the net. The ref that was 5 feet away shook his head. The ref at center ice was the one who called the penalty.

Ryan Holfeld was pulled and did not have a very good night. A good goal-tending performance tonight could have stolen us the game. The tigers did not deserve a point tonight anyways, as moose jaw played a much better game.

One positive the tigers can take outta the game is: If the tigers score on one of thier half empty open nets, and isherwood doesnt fall down on the PP and let moose jaw get an easier shorthanded goal, they most likely would have earned at least a point, even with getting their butts kicked in the first 2 periods.

Moose jaw definitely has a strong team, however they had a bit of a third period lapse, and perricone was giving out juicy rebounds every single shot.

I though Patrick kozyra is looking more and more like a carbon copy of gord baldwin.

Jerrid sauer looked like a forward playing his first game on defense. He got caught pinching 3 times which gave MJ an odd man rush, He tended to play a little too much up the ice, and his transition from forwards to backward skating was a little rough. If he improves on those 3 areas he could very well develop into our best D-man.

Jordan bendfeld looked like a pylon out there tonight. I dont know if he's scared of creaming the opponent, or if he cant move his feet fast enough, but the smart forwards can blow by him on the outside. I'd wish he would play with a bit more intensity.

Colton grant I thought was one of the best tigers on the ice tonight. He didn't get any points, but he worked his but off and opened up some room.

I was sorta getting ticked off at the fans grumbling in the first and second period. Yea Desjardin traded one of our better defenceman in a rebuilding year, but are you seriously gonna question him, after all the banners that now hang in our rafters?

Go tigers go !

CatFan
01-13-2008, 07:14 PM
1) Yes I liked Glass but let's face it, he was hurt alot and Spokane showed interest, and we have too may 19 year olds that will probably all be back next year. I still wish it had been Bendfeld instead, but oh well.
2) The goalie situation. Yes they sometimes struggle, but they are both basically rookies and I still think they show improvement most nights (especially on the road when the home fans aren't all over them). As far as making a trade for a goaltender, did anyone see any goalies move at the deadline? No, because in order to get a decent goalies you would have to give up the farm, and I don't think we want to see that happen.

Yes, some nights I am frustrated, as are the players and coaches, but for the most part we are seeing a young team that is really starting to come together. Will we go very far this year? Probably not, but we will contend again soon, I am sure of it. Until them, can we show this young team some support and quit *****ing about every mistake!!

Also, for those people who all leave after the 50-50 draw every night, do us a favor and turn in your season tickets and stick to buying lotteries. There are many true hockey fans out there that would love the chance to support this team (to the end of every game!!).