PDA

View Full Version : Kevin Armstrong??

GBG BLEED BLUE
01-14-2008, 07:00 PM
I think that it was a mistake trading him in the first place,especially getting Jim Watt in return,and I think this is a long shot but,do you think he would be a good pick up for a 20 year old next season? I see this as almost impossible,because of Holtby though.

hobster
01-14-2008, 07:11 PM
Armstrong deserved too get traded he was the backup to Anton Khudobin at the time wasn't getting as much playing time as he should have and desrved.

Khudobin was the guy, his agent wanted him too play alot cause of his contract and he was also Russia's number 1 goalie in the world juniors. This trade was the best thing that could have happened for both sides Holtby was more than ready too be the starter the following season anyways.

patsdude114
01-14-2008, 07:12 PM
At the time that deal needed to be made....Mollenken knew what type of goaltender he was going to be, but Mollenken also knew what was coming up in the system with Holtby. If there wasnt a quality goaltender coming up in the system Mollenken would NOT of made the deal to ship Armstrong away.

There is always the 2 sides in a deal, there the NOW and then there is the FUTURE.. Spokane got the FUTURE and at that point Saskatoon got the NOW with Watt.

You look at most of the deals in the WHL at trade deadline pretty well every deal had the NOW and FUTURE in the deal except the deal with Regina and Kamloops, pretty well the only deal made with veterns going both ways, each got what they wanted, Kamloops got a top 18yr old Dman in Ross who will be back for 1 more season forsure along with a solid stay at home guy in Friapont, and the Pats got a leader/defensive dman in Bender and a solid all around Dman in Bartley.

hobster
01-14-2008, 07:20 PM
At the time that deal needed to be made....Mollenken knew what type of goaltender he was going to be, but Mollenken also knew what was coming up in the system with Holtby. If there wasnt a quality goaltender coming up in the system Mollenken would NOT of made the deal to ship Armstrong away.

There is always the 2 sides in a deal, there the NOW and then there is the FUTURE.. Spokane got the FUTURE and at that point Saskatoon got the NOW with Watt.

You look at most of the deals in the WHL at trade deadline pretty well every deal had the NOW and FUTURE in the deal except the deal with Regina and Kamloops, pretty well the only deal made with veterns going both ways, each got what they wanted, Kamloops got a top 18yr old Dman in Ross who will be back for 1 more season forsure along with a solid stay at home guy in Friapont, and the Pats got a leader/defensive dman in Bender and a solid all around Dman in Bartley.
Well said ! Kamloops new they needed a a scoring d-man in Ross and that he is, he's a real offensive minded d-man pinches up a little to much but he is fun too watch. And you guys were able to do this deal cause of the Pyett factor no knock against Bender or Bartley but they don't have the offensive skills like Ross did, but you new what you wanted out of them and thats what you got. And who knowes maybe there's a slight chance at Bartley coming back next season as a 20.

I would think MacAngus and DePape have a great shot at being 2 of your 20,s.

dubnut
01-16-2008, 12:41 AM
I think that it was a mistake trading him in the first place,especially getting Jim Watt in return,and I think this is a long shot but,do you think he would be a good pick up for a 20 year old next season? I see this as almost impossible,because of Holtby though.

Don't think Armstrong would be putting up the numbers in Saskatoon that he is putting up in Spokane. A lot of that has to do with the team in front. Not saying he's a bad goaltender but he won't save you. Check his stats last year. Good but not good enough to be up in the top 3 as he is this year. GAA 2.80 .900 SAV% He's as good as the team in front of him so you'd have to bring in more than Armstrong to make a big impact.