PDA

View Full Version : 2 goal leads

chiefaholic
01-14-2008, 08:10 PM
I can't even count how many times the Chiefs have had two goal leads this year. Only to let off the gas and let the other team back in the game. It's driving me crazy. It actually worries me a little bit. I mean they need to develop that killer intinct before the playoffs roll around. Trying to sit on a two goal lead against a team like Tri , just doesn't make any sense to me. But what do i know eh?

Ams4life
01-14-2008, 08:22 PM
That is what happends when a team goes into the prevent deffense! They change the style of play and they get scored on! The best deffense is a killer offense! I had a feeling that we were going to tie the game up!

HomerSimpson
01-15-2008, 09:09 AM
That is what happends when a team goes into the prevent deffense! They change the style of play and they get scored on! The best deffense is a killer offense! I had a feeling that we were going to tie the game up!

Actually, I think that hits it on the head. When the Chiefs are effective, they're dominating the forecheck and battling for loose pucks in the corners. When they get up, they seem to try to play an Everett Silvertip style of hockey that just doesn't work for them.

chiefaholic
01-15-2008, 11:43 AM
Exactly.!!! They need to keep that wicked fore-check of theirs going. Keep the pressure on. Falling back and trapping is actually getting the chiefs off of their own game it would appear. It works against some teams , But it's becoming clear that they just can't do that against some teams. I say they just need to keep the foot on the gas. it works well for them.