PDA

View Full Version : Giants game on SHAW tonight

Priceisright
01-15-2008, 03:14 PM
For anyone who doesn't know but wants to know. The Giants game is on SHAW tonight. I believe the start time is 5:30pmPST.

I know the league nor Shaw does much advertising on this. I am looking forward in watching the game.

Cheers

old_time_hockey
01-15-2008, 03:44 PM
Actually the broadcast has been cancelled due to weather.

Game is still going ahead though.

Priceisright
01-15-2008, 03:48 PM
Where is this posted? :(

old_time_hockey
01-15-2008, 03:50 PM
Shawn from Giants Beat posted this:

"Just got a note from the Giant's front office.

Tonight's game vs. Prince Albert that was supposed to be on Shaw has been cancelled due to the poor weather. The game will still go on though, so the internet is the only option to catch the game."

The official release:
Tonight's SHAW Broadcast Cancelled
Created: Jan 15, 2008
Calgary, AB - Tonight's Western Hockey League game between the host Prince Albert Raiders and Vancouver Giants was scheduled to be aired live on SHAW TV this evening, Tuesday, January 15th.

Due to extreme weather conditions at the Saskatoon airport, most flights to the city have been cancelled, including a flight carrying the majority of the SHAW television crew from Calgary. Due to the flight cancellation the SHAW broadcast has also been cancelled.

Although the SHAW broadcast has been grounded, the game between the Giants and the Raiders is on, and fans are encouraged to watch their favorite teams through the webcast on WHL Web TV, available at www.whl.ca.

Priceisright
01-15-2008, 04:02 PM
:eek: :eek: damn

old_time_hockey
01-15-2008, 04:04 PM
Yep....was looking forward to a weeknight road game that I wouldn't have to spend in front of the computer :burningma

Priceisright
01-15-2008, 04:08 PM
Yah how shi&^% is that :( Oh well mother nature. I refuse to watch on the web thingy after many horrible experiences and unwatchable games. I could never see the puck lol.

WestLEAFfan
01-15-2008, 04:10 PM
You could always tune in to 900 CKBI from PA and catch the action on the radio like this poor sap is going to do!

old_time_hockey
01-15-2008, 05:35 PM
^The Giants are broadcasting their radio weeknight via. internet feed. So I can get the call from Joey Kennward.

But that is my point. For once I don't have to listen to radio via. the internet due to the Giants sorry excuse for a radio deal.

Swando
01-15-2008, 11:54 PM
At least it was a decent feed from PA on the computer and the announcers were real good as well.