PDA

View Full Version : McAvoy back to Forward? Your Thoughts

Broncs in RD
01-16-2008, 05:45 PM
Once our D is healthy again, what are your thoughts of McAvoy moving back to Forward?

Doyle-Molle
Wilson-Dudas
Claffey-Stamler
Rogers

Felde-Smith-Dans
Wudrick-Nelson-Weise
Tassone-Steiler-Dalecky
Dowling/Hoban-Eakin-McAvoy
Brown

Big Ern
01-16-2008, 05:51 PM
Once our D is healthy again, what are your thoughts of McAvoy moving back to Forward?

Doyle-Molle
Wilson-Dudas
Claffey-Stamler
Rogers

Felde-Smith-Dans
Wudrick-Nelson-Weise
Tassone-Steiler-Dalecky
Dowling/Hoban-Eakin-McAvoy
Brown

I certainly don't think anyone is in favor...he is doing very good on defense.

hobster
01-16-2008, 05:54 PM
I think McAvoy would much rather be a 5th or 6th d-man over a 12th foward he would get much more ice time playing defence. Last time i saw him in Stoon he looked great on the back end.

RV@BBB
01-16-2008, 07:10 PM
I like McAvoys d-style and for a converted forward he's been a huge help. Shuffling things up in the forwards may not be the best thing to do and what happens if a D goes down again then you have him in the back end again. The Mc advantage is that he can contribute up front or on the back end like your utility player. At the beginning of the season when everyone was healthy and the lineup was consistent the team excelled and I think its time to get back to playing consistent hockey especially with the new additions.

stick boy
01-16-2008, 10:12 PM
Broncs in Red Deer was right on, McAvoy was up front and looked good. Gives us better depth up there with McAvoy on the 3rd or 4th line. Good call.

Flathead
01-16-2008, 10:34 PM
Was he playing forward because Dansereau and Wilson were not playing tonight? With those two in the line up does he go back to defense and Rogers is the odd dman out? Where were those two tonight I thought they said we had a healthy line up, no injuries?
The way Rogers has been playing it would be hard to take him out, he gets better every game.

Broncs in RD
01-16-2008, 10:57 PM
I wasn't trying to start a controversy, but we have 8 dmen, and I thought he could be used as a pretty solid Defensive player with the young guys.

ointhecreek
01-16-2008, 10:59 PM
Keene said Dans is battling a back injury, didn't hear when he got it. Missed what was wrong with Wilson but there were fewer defensive giveaways tonight. I really like Stamler. Great leadership for the time he was there. Saw him give advice to the young guys a couple times. Nice uppercut to, lol. All round good effort by all. Good job guys! :thumb:

minirep
01-16-2008, 11:13 PM
I really liked Spencer up front tonight. I think when Wilson and Dans are back we should sit Brown for Dans and Rogers for Wilson that should ice a a pretty good line-up. Dans was sitting ut with a sore back and Wilson sat because he missed school I heard.

stick boy
01-16-2008, 11:41 PM
If everyone is healthy then there will be some competition for spots each night. That will be healthy and no one will be able to take a night off. The forwards will likely have to rotate guy out with Hoban, Brown, and Eakin being the likely candidates. Rogers is clearly the odd man out on the back end.

minirep
01-16-2008, 11:46 PM
Eakin is not leaving the lineup. I wish Dean would give him the same chance he give Wudrick.

stick boy
01-16-2008, 11:50 PM
I think Eakin is getting a pretty fair shake. He gets time on the PK just like Wudrick did last season. Our team is also a little deeper then we were last season. We barely even had a top line last season, in fact who was our top forward unit?

On a side note , Mr. Dowling was terrific tonight, deserved a star after he had the two nicest set-up of the game.

Big Ern
01-17-2008, 12:24 AM
I certainly don't think anyone is in favor...he is doing very good on defense.

I may change my mind after seeing what happened tonight...Macer is so agile. He plays both roles very effectively!!

Toswammi
01-17-2008, 10:46 AM
How about Justin Dowling last night! On a few different occasion he turned teh Rebel D into big black pilons. HOw he didnt get a star is beyond me :confused:

All-in-all a very goood game, the Rebels looked very ordinary (Sutter included), Riemer was brutal until mid way through the third. He seemed to have no confidence at all.

Also enjoyed the atsmosphere there (although that my have been a reflection of the score.)

Lastly Kehler is simply amazing. I listened to him on the way home. He gives Keen teh best interviews. Favorite line... Keen was attempting to hype the Giants saying they are tenacious on the forcheck and whatnot, so how are the Broncos going to counter act that? Well Kehler states something to the effect of "if we play like we did tonight in there zone we wont have to worry about our own end." (not exact but the just of it, i think.)

Speedy Broncs
01-17-2008, 11:58 AM
with the additions to the back end, it is nice to have options especially with someone who can play both defence and forward. I think McAvoy's skills can be better used up front - but I can't see him cracking the first 3 lines and maybe he could be used as a grinder. With the additions to D, I don't think that McAvoy can crack the top 6 on D .... but a great insurance policy if someone goes down with injury or gets tossed out of a game (loving Stamler and Dudas already!!).

I have to agree with MiniRep about Eakin ... would also love to see him getting some extra opportunities. If given the chance to play with some of the older fellas on 2nd or 3rd line (on occasion) similar to Wudrick has been given, I am sure the production would be there. This kid plays like he is over 6 feet, 200 pounds ... does not know the word 'float'. Lots of energy and great hands.

Game against RD was probably Wudrick's best game he's played in quite some time. much more energy and using his size to his advantage. Unfortuneate dance partner, however!!!

Dowling made some great plays out there ... these young guys are looking great. Beautiful set-up on Stamler's goal!!

ointhecreek
01-17-2008, 01:09 PM
How about Justin Dowling last night! On a few different occasion he turned teh Rebel D into big black pilons. HOw he didnt get a star is beyond me :confused:
Wow! My jaw just dropped when he turned the Rebs defense inside out and looking for their shorts! What moves this kid has! Looking forward to watching him develop for the next couple years. :clap: