PDA

View Full Version : What Happened in SC?!!!

hky4life
01-16-2008, 10:27 PM
I didn't watch/listen to the first two periods. But something obviously went terribly wrong. Thats embarrassing.

SectionNDeserter
01-16-2008, 10:32 PM
I didn't watch/listen to any of it, but the boxscore would indicate that Clark played in goal for 1:40, and we played the other 58:20 without a goaltender. :laugh:

FIVE FOR FIGHTING
01-16-2008, 11:55 PM
Reimer gave up 4 goals on 8 shots. Clarke came in and was good on 4 of 4. Upon Reimer's return he allowed 2 more goals on the first 2 shots. In total 6 goals on his first 10 shots. But give the Bronco's some credit as most of them were very nice goals.

frontrow fan
01-17-2008, 12:52 PM
go totally to the goalie on a game like that!!! I would say that theres more than a few players that didn't play much in that game!! Everyone is quick to judge the tender when quite obviously there couldn't have been tooo much of a team in front of him!! That's whats embarrassing!! vci11
And does Anyone else agree that in any other place in the league...if a team was doing as poorly as the Rebels...that the fans wouldn't be asking for a coaching change!! vc124 just an observation!!

Rebrevs
01-17-2008, 01:20 PM
I wouldn't be asking for a coaching change with such a young team. I DO believe there have had to be some adaptations to a new style of coaching and that can have good or bad results. It WILL get straightened out but it will ALSO take time.

ointhecreek
01-17-2008, 04:41 PM
Although the defense didn't look real good, Reimer did look bad last night. He gave a lot of room on the short side and the Broncos took advantage of that on a few goals. Other then the rebels first goal the Broncos were flying last night and the addition of Dudas and Stamler really helped our back end and put Felde back up front were he can turn and burn.

ointhecreek
01-17-2008, 04:42 PM
And does Anyone else agree that in any other place in the league...if a team was doing as poorly as the Rebels...that the fans wouldn't be asking for a coaching change!! vc124 just an observation!!
Lol! Starting to sound like Bronco fans! :laugh:

rebelfan
01-17-2008, 04:47 PM
I didn't watch/listen to any of it, but the boxscore would indicate that Clark played in goal for 1:40, and we played the other 58:20 without a goaltender. :laugh:

I beleive we played 58:20 with a goaltender who was hurt and the coach wouldn't give him the night off. Someone I talked to said he's hardly practised this week. Someone in the Swift Current section said Sutter was probably sending his tender a message to temper the POW glory. Wouldn't be surprised. He has yet to have anything positive to say of the guy. Remember what Roy said to his coach and GM after they left him to dry in a 9 something loss? Not saying Reimer has that right but he's earned his credentials on this team. I don't think he needs to be put into stocks and flogged for keeping his team in the game 95% of the starts he's made. Like Cam Moon said after the game, tomorrow is another day. He'll be back, and he'll be good.

SectionNDeserter
01-17-2008, 06:29 PM
And does Anyone else agree that in any other place in the league...if a team was doing as poorly as the Rebels...that the fans wouldn't be asking for a coaching change!! just an observation!!Coaches get fired from teams that are supposed to be playing well, and for whatever reason, aren't. At the start of the season, had we gotten SOME of our returning overage players back from their NHL teams, and had JD Watt not been such a total bust, I could envision this team with easily another 20-25 points. Kelowna had far from a spectacular season last season, just ask some of their fans there how much more awesome it would have been had they for example, not had Ray or Barthel in the lineup either). These are all circumstances that are for the most part completely out of the coach's control, and I for one don't know of any coach that could throw a lineup full of boys out there against men every night and expect them to be anything more than just competitive.

I beleive we played 58:20 with a goaltender who was hurt and the coach wouldn't give him the night offFrom what I have seen so far this season, I would take an injured Reimer over a healthy Clark any day.

I don't think he needs to be put into stocks and flogged for keeping his team in the game 95% of the starts he's made. Like Cam Moon said after the game, tomorrow is another day. He'll be back, and he'll be good.He is an NHL drafted goaltender, and one of the better goaltending prospects on his NHL team, he is counted on to be keeping his team in the game ONE HUNDRED percent of the time at the junior level. As for his injury, its severity, and the amount of support he gets from his coaches, much like yourself, not knowing any of what goes on in the dressing room and off the ice, I am not in any position to speculate about it, so I won't....

Billy's Got A Gun!
01-18-2008, 01:18 AM
When you are down 6 to 1 after the first period, it means you didn't show up ready to play, end of story! Maybe Riemer had a bad night. It happens! But when you take a beating this bad, the entire team is to blame for the performance. For the most part I have defended the team all year long and tried to look for positives in a bad season. Nevertheless, this is embarrassing! This team should start to turn the corner. A win in SC, I believe, would have been the first three game win streak this season. Even a solid performance in a losing effort could have been somewhat positive! This team, after the season they have had, has no excuse to decide to take the night off like they did in SC last night.

As for the coaching, the coaching isn't the problem. The coach's can't put on the skates and play for them (which is too bad!). Brian Sutter coached for, I believe, thirteen or fourteen years in the NHL and won the Coach of the Year. He is a qualified coach who I feel has shown a tremendous amount of patience with a young team. Brian Sutter, in a couple years time could be the WHL Coach of the Year and everyone in Rebel Land will be praising how good of a coach he is. In fact, I have heard comments at the rink in the past couple of years raising questions about Brent Sutters' coaching ability. We don't even need to go there, as you know from Brent's coaching credentials, he can coach!

Remember, you can put the best jockey on the slowest horse, and he still isn't going to win the Kentucky Derby!

hky4life
01-19-2008, 12:18 PM
but he should win he is racing against a cow(blades, PA, etc.).