PDA

View Full Version : 104,105,106,134,136

maple leaf
01-17-2008, 09:02 PM
All I can say is WOW

Their is 103 players that have more points than the highest Blade player. That is totally unexceptable. No more excuses. Blade owners, coaches and scouts Get your act together. Been watching the Blades since the Federko days and a season ticket holder for over 15 years.

P.S.
The joke around my son's novice hockey team is: We get more fan's out than a Blades game. Tired in Saskatoon.

hobster
01-17-2008, 09:16 PM
All I can say is WOW

Their is 103 players that have more points than the highest Blade player. That is totally unexceptable. No more excuses. Blade owners, coaches and scouts Get your act together. Been watching the Blades since the Federko days and a season ticket holder for over 15 years.

P.S.
The joke around my son's novice hockey team is: We get more fan's out than a Blades game. Tired in Saskatoon. Yeah everyone looks at the Blades as a joke in the city. Going to a Blade game is not the cool thing to do like it was in the 90,s. I guess teenagers would rather being doing something else, it also doesn't help having the arena in pretty much Warman the suberb.

Tidball
01-17-2008, 10:05 PM
What exacly is the point of this thread?

TwoBits
01-17-2008, 10:11 PM
Boredom?

hobster
01-17-2008, 10:29 PM
Boredom?
All i know is there is finally some good young scoring talent that we have on our 50 player protected list Chicki in alberta who is doing great Jamie Crooks Burke Gallimore Charles Inglis and Josh Nichols

TwoBits
01-17-2008, 10:34 PM
Sorry Hobster, I fit into the boredom category. Can't carry on an intelligent Blades conversation, haven't followed them closely since about 93. You were just a little whipper snapper then. :laugh:

hobster
01-17-2008, 11:03 PM
Sorry Hobster, I fit into the boredom category. Can't carry on an intelligent Blades conversation, haven't followed them closely since about 93. You were just a little whipper snapper then. :laugh:Yeah in 93 i was 11 i was a youngster watching Deyell Banham Buchkowski Warrner Allan Law hannas and Miracle ahh the good old days.

Tidball
01-17-2008, 11:04 PM
All i know is there is finally some good young scoring talent that we have on our 50 player protected list Chicki in alberta who is doing great Jamie Crooks Burke Gallimore Charles Inglis and Josh Nichols

Kind of a completely random thought vci33 but ok

hobster
01-17-2008, 11:07 PM
Kind of a completely random thought vci33 but ok
Ahh ok maple leaf was talking about our lack of scoring, and i brought up that we have youngsters in the system that will be able to score in a very short time.And it's random not randon geez Tidball.

TwoBits
01-17-2008, 11:13 PM
Yeah in 93 i was 11 i was a youngster watching Deyell Banham Buchkowski Warrner Allan Law hannas and Miracle ahh the good old days.

Oh, my last year must have been 92-93 because I never saw Deyell play. I was a season ticket holder for 4 years while I attended university, ok I'm really aging myself now. I'm different and liked guys that weren't going to go on to be big stars in the NHL but you loved to watch them play, like Jason Christie, Shane Calder, Ryan Fujita and my all time favourite....Shawn Yakimishyn. Do you recall the Bing Bang Boom line or was that before your time? You said it ahhhhhhhhh those were the days. :)

hobster
01-18-2008, 12:19 AM
Oh, my last year must have been 92-93 because I never saw Deyell play. I was a season ticket holder for 4 years while I attended university, ok I'm really aging myself now. I'm different and liked guys that weren't going to go on to be big stars in the NHL but you loved to watch them play, like Jason Christie, Shane Calder, Ryan Fujita and my all time favourite....Shawn Yakimishyn. Do you recall the Bing Bang Boom line or was that before your time? You said it ahhhhhhhhh those were the days. :) O i remember the Bing Bang Boom line that was a thing of beauty one of my other faves was Kevin Kaminsky and even Derek Tibbitts but yes i do remeber that whole era.We were deffinitly a scary team to play thats for sure.

wango tango
01-18-2008, 11:03 AM
All I can say is WOW

P.S.
The joke around my son's novice hockey team is: We get more fan's out than a Blades game. Tired in Saskatoon.

if you want to talk attendance, how about this to chew on. the blades are only averaging about 750 less fans than regina. when saskatoon had the pats record the blades were averaging about 5100 a game, that's approximately 1000 less than today. i wouldn't get too harsh on blades fans the true believers are coming out, it's the fair weather fans, those who seem to like to come out to memorial cups, flames exhibitions, or vanier cups who couldn't be bothered to support through thick or thin that aren't showing.

saskatoon's average attendance is equal to brandon this season. it's more than double swift currents, almost exactly double p.a.'s, and just a little less than double moose jaw's. and don't tell me about population size, it doesn't wash in a league where everyone has to compete against the vancouvers, edmontons, calgarys.

should the blades attendance be higher? yes, no excuses. winning cures all.