PDA

View Full Version : 2008/2009 Rosters

whlhockeyfan13
01-17-2008, 10:10 PM
Who do you think will be on the roster next season? Any 16 or 17 year olds to watch for. Anyone you think won't be back next year? What does everyone think. Any draft picks we should watch for? clrkth

hobster
01-17-2008, 10:39 PM
Who do you think will be on the roster next season? Any 16 or 17 year olds to watch for. Anyone you think won't be back next year? What does everyone think. Any draft picks we should watch for? clrkth
Players that come too mind for me would be Cole Penner Ryan Aasman Ryan Harrison and Sean Aschim.I think P.A will still have a very young defence with a very good offence Robertson McDonald and Bernhardt i would expect to be your 3 20 year olds with Andy Smith up front, Lamb, Dorowlowski, Herrod Trach, Cameron, Small, Penner, Aschim, and Harrison. Defence: Stebner, K. Aschim, Deck ,Tendler, Voracek, Button ,Aasman,Nolte Goaltending: Stanford,Washburn, Edwards

Wildeyes
01-18-2008, 01:40 AM
whos is edwards

hobster
01-18-2008, 10:38 AM
whos is edwards Well Jacob Edwards is a goalie out of Calgary that you guys picked in the 6th round of last years bantam draft Trying to look for his stats if i find them i will let you know

Raider Fan 88
01-18-2008, 12:13 PM
Rumor has it that Penner may see a Raider uniform before the new season.. supposidly he is to meet the team in Moose Jaw tomorrow night for the rest of the season.. just a rumor though guess we'll see what comes of it

eye4aneye
01-18-2008, 05:34 PM
Jordan Kochan who was drafted with button.

gp 28
g 17
a 36
total 53
gwg 4
ppg 8
8 pim

3rd in aaamidget scoring in alberta

eye4aneye
01-18-2008, 05:36 PM
team looks decent on paper for next year...and there are some teams that are going to need some 20 years olds....trades??

Dwight Schrute
01-18-2008, 09:45 PM
team looks awful soft with little to no grit

eye4aneye
01-18-2008, 09:49 PM
the joys of rule changes.....we have a few guys to trade to bulk up....

westbeach55
01-18-2008, 11:14 PM
the joy of having a gm and scouts who didn't know how to draft to the new rules till it was to late

patsdude114
01-19-2008, 12:35 AM
There really isnt much for veterns that would attract much attention from other teams outside of Robertson... It gets very thin extremely fast for veterns. Ya you got some decent players (underachievers) like Bernhardt, McDonald to name a few.

The Raiders traded away guys this season who was worth anything, like Gauthier, May, Flatters and Depape. Have to wait to see what the draft picks turn into anything (as most draft picks r a crap shoot anyways with drafting kids who are 15) Jagow reallly isnt going to turn into anything. He was a throw in with the deal for Depape to give him a place to play for the remainder of the season, and to give the Raiders abit of a vetern presence in the line-up.

I knew at the start of the year the Raiders were in trouble with starting the season off with 3, 20 yr old defencemen... Not something a team does every year especially when u needed some punch up front..... prob the best case would of been to have traded 1 of those 20 yr Dmen for a 20 yr old forward straight up or to add alittle sweetness to the pot add a draft pick.... There was definately a reason on why Clark was fired, he was running the Raiders into the ground faster then speeding bullet... It may take a few years now for the Raiders to fix what Clark has done.

I hope the Raiders can close the season out on a positive note somehow. Show what may look like a bright future in the years to come. Clark may be a hated man in Raiderville for a few years to come, but things will turn around and the Raiders will be a top team in our division soon enough.

Go Raiders (god that is hard to say being a Pats fan)

OK ill fix it GO PATS GO (hehehe)

eye4aneye
01-19-2008, 08:38 AM
the joy of having a gm and scouts who didn't know how to draft to the new rules till it was to late

Then the sutter bros must be in the same position? Is that the reason that they are in the basement along with Molleken, us Portland etc. sure lots of hockey peeps that didn't adjust.

SectionNDeserter
01-19-2008, 09:16 AM
The season that the new rule changes came in, the Rebels easily had one of the largest, and overall immobile rosters that I can remember them ever having, so you could be on to something there. The Rebel's poor record this season really begins in their own end. Their transition game has been so bad and predictable, that opposition players have taken to just standing at the point against the boards and waiting to intercept the puck when the defense drills the it around the boards/glass to get it out. A combination of this and some weak board play by some of our defensemen and poor backchecking by some of the forwards at times, has resulted in their puck possession being low, and the puck staying in their own end for a large portion of their games. Since the rule changes came into effect, the Rebels defense has taken the body less, and relied on checking the stick/pokechecking the puck, so they have made some adjustments to the new rules in that aspect.

eye4aneye
01-19-2008, 09:54 AM
Brandon no players from BC
MJ 3 players from BC
Regina 3 Players from BC
Swift 3 players from BC
Saskatoon 4 players from BC (good connections with west jet? LOL)
PA 1 Player from BC

BC male population is 2 172 191 with 145643 males 15-19
Ab male population is 1 763 177 with 43537 males 15-19
Sk male population is 494 942 with 39103 males 15-19
MB male population is 589 431 with 43537 males 15-19

With these numbers and ratios, makes for interesting thought.

So what do you think?

westbeach55
01-19-2008, 10:09 AM
Then the sutter bros must be in the same position? Is that the reason that they are in the basement along with Molleken, us Portland etc. sure lots of hockey peeps that didn't adjust.

there in the bottom rebuilding were in the bottom every year there is a big difference

raider guy
01-20-2008, 02:28 PM
yeah ive herd that too from a reliable source who is friends with him

Sabes
01-20-2008, 02:28 PM
I was told by a VERY reliable source that Penner would be back with the team soon.

This is the truth. I can't wait.

tito34
01-20-2008, 02:54 PM
I have also heard he will be back this season possibly if not this season next season for sure. I was told from a source within the organization.

OldRaiderFan
01-24-2008, 09:49 AM
One player will not make a huge difference on this team. However, Penner returning signals a change in direction for this team. My sources have told me that the players now want to play for Campese because, now that he is Coach/GM, he has made some changes that players like and believe but are not willing to share with the public. Players are keeping a tight lip.

hobster
01-24-2008, 01:04 PM
Yes my sources have told me he will be ready to go for the Feb 8th game in Brandon.They should put him on a line with Small and Dobrowloski.

Dwight Schrute
01-24-2008, 07:09 PM
source has been used far too much in this thread lol

hobster
01-24-2008, 09:43 PM
A source has just told me that the word source has been used too much in this thread applause

Some_Arrogant_Jerk
01-24-2008, 10:06 PM
Source is just hockey lingo for imagination.

OldRaiderFan
01-24-2008, 11:19 PM
Source is just hockey lingo for imagination.
I think if yu look at my posts, I have been quite correct on all the times when I said "my source." For example, my last post form "my sources" was the firing of Clarke long before it happened and I stated it will take place on January 10-11, 2008. I got ripped apart by many people that this is just stupid etc. and that not team will keep a GM until after the trade deadline etc. I was right because of my source. Source is not lingo for imagination.

Wildeyes
01-24-2008, 11:22 PM
my source told me that mcdonalds is really healthy for you and you should eat it every day and also the same source told me that BEER is better than powerade lol

Some_Arrogant_Jerk
01-24-2008, 11:22 PM
I think if yu look at my posts, I have been quite correct on all the times when I said "my source." For example, my last post form "my sources" was the firing of Clarke long before it happened and I stated it will take place on January 10-11, 2008. I got ripped apart by many people that this is just stupid etc. and that not team will keep a GM until after the trade deadline etc. I was right because of my source. Source is not lingo for imagination.
It was probably just a fluke that your imagination predicted the future. :p

hobster
01-25-2008, 12:18 AM
I only have 1 source and my brother works through central scouting but he really doesn't ever want me to talk about his trade rumors on a site like this at all.

Swamptown
01-25-2008, 02:04 PM
While I don't have a "reliable source?" other than Tito34, it would be great to see Penner with the Raiders.

I would also expect to see Aasman with the Raiders in mid-February as his season in Medicine Hat will be done on the 17th.

This information is from my own research, no "reliable sources" needed.

raider guy
01-25-2008, 04:09 PM
it was confirmed in the prince albert herald he will be in the lineup as soon as the boys get back from the states

whlhockeyfan13
01-25-2008, 05:49 PM
Whose line will he play on and will he get a lot of ice time?? Some of the other guys aren't happy about their lack of ice time and now he will be coming and they will get even less ice time????

tito34
01-25-2008, 05:52 PM
So I guess you could say our sources were correct. Like I said my source was from within the or organization and not a player. vci22 . I have not been wrong with this and Depape trade request.

raider guy
01-25-2008, 08:24 PM
i have herd soem of the guys do not like penner, cause he ditched the team once and hes a **** disturber, he should be a 4th line player and earn his way back onto this team not just say i wanna play and be playing top 2 lines.when you have guys like small and herrod who have worked there balls off all year playing fourth line.

whlhockeyfan13
01-26-2008, 01:49 PM
I couldn't agree more with you Raider Guy. I have heard the same things.

eye4aneye
01-26-2008, 05:31 PM
Guess it will be up to the coach what happens. Go with who is performing well and go from there.... :thumb:

whlhockeyfan13
01-26-2008, 05:40 PM
I missed last nights game. I saw they got blown out but nice to see Small got a goal.

Raider Fan 88
01-27-2008, 10:13 AM
and it looks like yet another loss... first one against spokane in 5 years! looks like this will be a long road trip if things don't get turned around. They have 2 days off maybe sometime during these 2 days they will figure out what they have to do to win

TheSnowman
01-28-2008, 04:37 PM
gents... while I appreciate the effort to get some inside info out into the open (God bless the Internet) , this fighting over who provided the most/biggest/best/most accurate scoops is a little juvenile

OldRaiderFan
01-29-2008, 11:21 AM
gents... while I appreciate the effort to get some inside info out into the open (God bless the Internet) , this fighting over who provided the most/biggest/best/most accurate scoops is a little juvenile
I agree, thanks TheSnowman.