PDA

View Full Version : Blades in town

dagley
01-18-2008, 05:11 PM
The game tonight is quite important. The boys are set out for a week long road trip through the central division and definitely need to get a win at home before embarking on a 5 game, 8 night road trip. Saskatoon comes in after knocking off Vancouver in a thrilling 2-1 shootout win. Brandon comes in after getting their behinds kicked in Regina, Tuesday.

hobster
01-18-2008, 06:16 PM
The game tonight is quite important. The boys are set out for a week long road trip through the central division and definitely need to get a win at home before embarking on a 5 game, 8 night road trip. Saskatoon comes in after knocking off Vancouver in a thrilling 2-1 shootout win. Brandon comes in after getting their behinds kicked in Regina, Tuesday.Out for the Blades out of the lineup tonight is Klotz Fiala and Winoneak for Brandon all i know is Boyle and Clark

hobster
01-18-2008, 07:49 PM
Out for the Blades out of the lineup tonight is Klotz Fiala and Winoneak for Brandon all i know is Boyle and Clark
I guess we can beat the Giants but when we go into Brandon we get our ass handed to us lol ahh junior hockey for ya

dagley
01-18-2008, 10:49 PM
I found that a little weird. The game was all but over at the end of the first. Saskatoon just doesn't play hard here, it's quite disappointing. I like playing Saskatoon, especially a few years ago when you still had Mike Green. The 4-3 final doesn't reflect how badly Saskatoon played.

mckayd2001
01-18-2008, 11:02 PM
How was the Yeo fight and how was the line brawl who won the fights?

dagley
01-18-2008, 11:24 PM
In all fairness, Brandon won all the fights tonight. Yeo/Toomey wasn't much of a scrap, Yeo basically threw him to the ice and got a few shots in. The line brawl was brought on all by Saskatoon by a late hit, nice to see the 16 year old Glennie step in and show what teammates are for. Schenn absolutely kicked his guy's a**. Holtby got a little gutsy coming over trying to start crap, Hayes actually skated to center. PS: Reich needs to learn to control his temper.

Roger
01-18-2008, 11:47 PM
IMO I would have to say that it was us that started the last line brawl.
It was either Calvert or Glennie that was roughing up Philps in front of the
BWK bench that ignited that whole thing but ya we did win all the fights.

hobster
01-19-2008, 07:38 AM
IMO I would have to say that it was us that started the last line brawl.
It was either Calvert or Glennie that was roughing up Philps in front of the
BWK bench that ignited that whole thing but ya we did win all the fights.From what i heard last night, the score was flattering for the Blades. Brandon just went on cruise control after it was 4-1 and the score should have been 8-3 Brandon. And they won all the fights it hurts for me to say this but man Brandon gets up for the Blades there must be a hate for us who knows lol.

STS44
01-19-2008, 08:51 AM
Schenn absolutely kicked his guy's a**. .

Schenn is one of the toughest 16 year olds I've ever seen. The scary part is that he only going to mature and grow and once that happens he will be the total package of skill and toughness. Are there any other Schenn kids in the pipeline in addition to Brayden and Luke in Kelowna? Sounds like we might have a Staal family west developing ....

Roger
01-19-2008, 08:52 AM
The WheatKings took the foot off the gas after it was 3-0.If Reich
would have used his head and not pulled the antics that he did the Blades
might have had a chance to whittle away at that score and sneek one out.
Up till them antics were pulled the crowd was basiccally snoring, the BWK
were set on cruise and starting to turn the puck over to the Blades and not
putting any pressure on there goalie. It was only a matter of time before
they would have scored a goal or two and this game could have had a
different outcome for your team.

sbtatter
01-19-2008, 11:26 AM
From what i heard last night, the score was flattering for the Blades. Brandon just went on cruise control after it was 4-1 and the score should have been 8-3 Brandon. And they won all the fights it hurts for me to say this but man Brandon gets up for the Blades there must be a hate for us who knows lol. That poor Belyk was overmatched against Schenn. He's obviously not a fighter. he tried, but he picked the wrong guy to practice on! I was concerned when i saw Flatters lock in with Glennie, but everything worked out ok. I don't know why you guys dress Reich, he has anger control issues, every game in here he takes stupid penalties that hurt the Blades, I'd send him packing if I was Lorne M. Stupidest player I've seen this season. Molloken was annoyed at the mascot mocking him, he sent Gillies to talk to the ref about it, too funney!! The back up goalie got into a verbal exchange with the mascot!! Schenn scored a beautiful goal, what a player. Blades's second goal was the wierdest one of the year! Green is turning into a "go to" player, he'll be a ppg guy next season. The Blades looked better than the last 2 games here, they just can't score. Gillies was invisible. Langkow looked good.

patsdude114
01-19-2008, 02:55 PM
I don't know why you guys dress Reich, he has anger control issues, every game in here he takes stupid penalties that hurt the Blades, I'd send him packing if I was Lorne M. Stupidest player I've seen this season.

If it wasnt for Reich Saskatoon wouldnt be worth watching, he adds excitment at a Blades gae cuz you never know what he is going to do nexted... Hence the reason the Pats traded him at the begining of the year. He was hurting us more then he'd help us. There was a reason he hardly was dressed in the playoffs last season (4games) with the Pats cuz he was a liability on the ice to cost you stupid penalities.

Reich would of caused a bench clearing brawl when the Blades were here last time if it hadnt been for the coaching staff grabbing ahold of Reich on the bench, the gate was open Reich was more then willing to fly onto the ice to save Toomey from getting a beating by Teubert.

Tidball
01-19-2008, 05:31 PM
Is very loyal to his teamates. He would much rather have his ass kicked then seeing his teamates getting beat. If he conentrates on his game he could be a very good player. Unfortunately, he cannot.

hobster
01-19-2008, 10:19 PM
If it wasnt for Reich Saskatoon wouldnt be worth watching, he adds excitment at a Blades gae cuz you never know what he is going to do nexted... Hence the reason the Pats traded him at the begining of the year. He was hurting us more then he'd help us. There was a reason he hardly was dressed in the playoffs last season (4games) with the Pats cuz he was a liability on the ice to cost you stupid penalities.

Reich would of caused a bench clearing brawl when the Blades were here last time if it hadnt been for the coaching staff grabbing ahold of Reich on the bench, the gate was open Reich was more then willing to fly onto the ice to save Toomey from getting a beating by Teubert.
Huh if it wasn't for Reich the Blades wouldn't be worth watching ok lol. I think there is way more players to watch on the Blades than Reich, how about Hamilton, Elliott, Niemi, Gillies, Holtby, Langkow, to name just a few.

Brandonite
01-20-2008, 11:52 AM
That poor Belyk was overmatched against Schenn. He's obviously not a fighter. he tried, but he picked the wrong guy to practice on! I was concerned when i saw Flatters lock in with Glennie, but everything worked out ok. I don't know why you guys dress Reich, he has anger control issues, every game in here he takes stupid penalties that hurt the Blades, I'd send him packing if I was Lorne M. Stupidest player I've seen this season. Molloken was annoyed at the mascot mocking him, he sent Gillies to talk to the ref about it, too funney!! The back up goalie got into a verbal exchange with the mascot!! Schenn scored a beautiful goal, what a player. Blades's second goal was the wierdest one of the year! Green is turning into a "go to" player, he'll be a ppg guy next season. The Blades looked better than the last 2 games here, they just can't score. Gillies was invisible. Langkow looked good.
In reference to the whole back-up goalie and the mascot....the back-up goalie actually spit on "Willie" more than once and had more than his fair share of things to say to the mascot! An absolute joke and disgusting acts by the Saskatoon Blades. He is a mascot, that is his job and the Blades should seriously be fined or disciplined for that crap!! Way to represent the Saskatoon Blades with pride buddy!!

hobster
01-20-2008, 12:08 PM
That is coming from one mans word i very much doubt that happened quit making stuff up. If it did happen im sure we would have all known about it cause security would have been pulled in so on and so on. So all i have to say about your coment is yada yada yada blah blah. :turkey:

Roger
01-20-2008, 01:02 PM
That is coming from one mans word i very much doubt that happened quit making stuff up. If it did happen im sure we would have all known about it cause security would have been pulled in so on and so on. So all i have to say about your coment is yada yada yada blah blah. :turkey:
Now thats a joke Some fat guy that was laughing as hard as the fans where.
I didn't see the spitting incident only cause I was laughing so hard but I did see the backup squirt water at Willie no biggie thou all part of the show.

dagley
01-20-2008, 01:03 PM
I highly doubt Zemlak went to the expense to spit on Willie. He might have squirted some water at him or something.

hobster
01-20-2008, 01:54 PM
I highly doubt Zemlak went to the expense to spit on Willie. He might have squirted some water at him or something.
Yeah water is no problem hell i have had water squirted at me from Scott Parker when i was younger. I was yapping him out in the penalty box and he squirted water at me fair game tho.

booboo
01-20-2008, 05:46 PM
That incident did not seem to cure you of your problem did it!!!!!! yeehoo

hobster
01-20-2008, 09:53 PM
And you tell me what the problem is ? that i love the WHL that im a huge Blades fan or that i watch alot of bantam games you tell me what the problem is ? what are you smoking vci34

Brandonite
01-20-2008, 10:16 PM
And you tell me what the problem is ? that i love the WHL that im a huge Blades fan or that i watch alot of bantam games you tell me what the problem is ? what are you smoking vci34
Relax champ, no one including myself cares about your little fits! Go watch your 13 year olds play hockey in bantam and enjoy yourself and keep us posted:)

hobster
01-20-2008, 11:34 PM
Relax champ, no one including myself cares about your little fits! Go watch your 13 year olds play hockey in bantam and enjoy yourself and keep us posted:)Well there 13 and 14 year olds and i will try my best to keep you posted after all they are the future of the WHL, anyways later kid :D

brandonboy
01-21-2008, 05:53 PM
I sit only a fw rows from the visiting bench and there was no spiting going on, and to be honest I really think Willie took it a bit to far and security should have sent him away. The problem is that the side of the visitors bench is comleatly open to fans and should be closed off.

dagley
01-21-2008, 06:20 PM
I sit only a fw rows from the visiting bench and there was no spiting going on, and to be honest I really think Willie took it a bit to far and security should have sent him away. The problem is that the side of the visitors bench is comleatly open to fans and should be closed off.

Agreed. The thing I don't understand is they cut off the one side of the bench with glass, should do it with the other. I wish they would re-do the benches and align them properly. The players benches should be on the same side, with the penalty boxes on the other side.

brandonboy
01-21-2008, 09:00 PM
Agreed. The thing I don't understand is they cut off the one side of the bench with glass, should do it with the other. I wish they would re-do the benches and align them properly. The players benches should be on the same side, with the penalty boxes on the other side.
I would like to see that as well but the arena is also used for a lot more than hockey! But there should be somthing they can install on a temp. basis.