PDA

View Full Version : Pats 6 Ice 5 in SO

patsdude114
01-19-2008, 02:44 PM
Well not much that i can really comment on this game, as i wasnt able to listen to the game at all as i was at BPs N.... i kept checking on the whl.ca website with my phone to get the score.. Its score i seen was 1-0 Pats, then after watching some of the Flames game checked again only to see it was 4-1 Ice... My 1st thought was OH NO, what happened...

Then checked back in alittle later to see the score 4-3 Ice in the 2nd.... I thought ok now were in the game again.......then checked and seen the score 3 times at 5-5.... i was thinking boys lets get it to OT at least and get a point out of this game, 1 point after being down 4-1 i thought would of salvaging this game...... then to see us win in the SO to get that extra point i was like right on we have battle threw our 1st adverisity with the new team and came out with a big 2 points....

We didnt loose no ground on the Hitmen nor gain any either...... MJ and Brandon didnt get closer either with their wins. Damn i wish i could either go to the Press Box tonight to watch the webcast or order it at home, but instead im off to MJ tonight for a late xmas supper then the boss is taking us to the Warrior Raider game..... Sooooooooooooooooo GOOOOOOOOO RAIDERS GO..................

Oh i just wanna make my point clear from numerous statements from earlier this year...... i was always questioning Hunt and Perkins on why they never played Cerveny with someone who had alittle offence ability cuz i knew if given the chance he would be able to produce... we still had some guys with offensive ability before but Hunt wanted to try to spread out the offensive and put guys like Hill and Cerveny on there own lines to try to produce with nothing on the wings... Now Cerveny is playing with Doucet and Watt (well he was against Brandon anyways) and he is producing.... 3 goals and 1 assist in 2 games. I still believe he is the nexted best skilled forward on this team behind Eberle, yes he had to adapt to a new culture, a new North American game, new language which did slow him down at the early stages, but his natural ability would of found the holes and the players had he been playing with anyone decent before.

Some_Arrogant_Jerk
01-19-2008, 03:57 PM
Looked like quite a game. Too bad I missed it. I will try not to miss the one tonight. Also heard that Bartley played his first game as a pat, and got an assist.

Does anyone know why strueby was out of the lineup? according to the whl site, he wasnt in the game last night. Injury? or maybe a healthy scratch for some odd reason.

And is watt available to play? I heard he might have got suspended for nothign again...

patsdude114
01-19-2008, 10:57 PM
I never heard anything about why Strueby wasnt dressed or if it was a error on the game sheet or not....

As for Watt it was only a 10 minute misconduct not a game misconduct thats why there was no suspension... it is game misconducts he is having problems with this season...10min misconducts dont get you suspended.

Watt gets his 1st goal as a Pat tonight, Eberle is finally getting more space out there and has been rewarded with 4 goals in the past 5 games including 7points in that span as well....

Two big wins both on the road showing the league that we can play in the run and gun games (like we did against the Ice a 6-5 win) and a tight checking defensive game (2-1 win against the Hitmen) either way this has been a great road trip so far, see if we can win 3 games in 3 nights with tomorrow night in Lethbridge.

Rowat played fantastic in the 3rd period stopping all 10 shots while Calgary controlled the play. People are getting really excited about the Pats, hell tonight i was in MJ watching the Warriors and Raiders play and some Warrior fans were talking about the Pats on how we are able to score now and beat some good teams again.

Bran
01-19-2008, 11:07 PM
Strueby didn't play last night. Pretty sure he was a healthy scratch.