PDA

View Full Version : Power Play / Penalty Kill

Pete76
01-19-2008, 03:10 PM
How in the world do we have the record that we do and have such an atrocious penalty kill and impotent power play unit ... seriously ....

HomerSimpson
01-19-2008, 04:42 PM
I think the best way to put it is exactly what Peters and Speltz have said numerous times this season...5 on 5 we're the best team in the league. Nobody can play with us 5 on 5 consistently.

We need to just stay out of the box...and I guess try to keep the other teams out of it too.

Pete76
01-20-2008, 09:33 AM
another awesome penalty kill effort ... 4 goals given up to Everett on the PK .....

cranky
01-20-2008, 07:25 PM
1. stay out of the box

2. bench # 15...................

LifelongChiefsFan
01-22-2008, 09:49 PM
Well they had a better effort on Monday (albeit against Portland). 3-3 on the PP and 2-2 on the PK. I'm actually kind of surprised by the lack of total power play opportunities. WHL refs usually don't want fewer than ten power play opportunities per game, or so it seems.

That 3-3 on the PP was without Bowman and Wahl too. Something to build on anyway. :thumb:

Pete76
01-22-2008, 11:24 PM
It was nice to score on some (for a change) ... seems like Peters is going to play with the lines a bit so he can figure out where the new guys can be the best fit ... I liked McCrae with Blacwater and Bruton ...

HomerSimpson
01-23-2008, 07:49 PM
It was nice to score on some (for a change) ... seems like Peters is going to play with the lines a bit so he can figure out where the new guys can be the best fit ... I liked McCrae with Blacwater and Bruton ...

That line seems like it would work --- all three of those guys play "up and down" hockey...not alot of twisty cute passes, just to the net and in your face.

If they stay with that line, where does Roman fit in?

Wahl/Bowman/Rutherford? Kelner?

cranky
01-24-2008, 08:50 AM
kelner ? with wahl & bowman gawd that was a good laff....thanks

HomerSimpson
01-24-2008, 07:37 PM
kelner ? with wahl & bowman gawd that was a good laff....thanks

Why not? He seemed to work well with Blackwater & Roman...Mitch and Bowman can score --- just having a guy with them that can make sure nobody tries to take any liberties would be good enough. Kelner can stand in front of the net and look stupid just as good as anyone else.

vci33 ...just because...

cranky
01-25-2008, 04:54 PM
koper - mccrae - blackwater
brutsy - wahl - TJ
donny - roman - rudy
kelner - compton - letts

i can just see wahl feeding TJ busting in off the wing with a full head of steam..... :clap:

chiefaholic
01-25-2008, 05:15 PM
It would be nice to see what Donaghy could do with more ice time. He had quite a bit in the first period against portland on sunday, and looked very impressive. applause clrkthj

HomerSimpson
01-26-2008, 10:26 AM
I remember coming to camp on Friday this year and seeing Donaghy on the ice...I kept checking his number and looking down at my card going "Donaghy? '89?" Right from the start you knew he'd be on the team...I would love to see him play a bit more also; he's got great speed, a deceptive shot, and let's face it...the kid's a gamer ---just ask Vartovnik. vc1tt vci22