PDA

View Full Version : Game 1 sold out

raiderfan10
03-24-2005, 08:24 PM
game 1 is sold out only standing room left had to go to the rink to geta ticket for a friend that is coming up and no seats left except for one

Blades9ine
03-24-2005, 10:45 PM
game 1 is sold out only standing room left had to go to the rink to geta ticket for a friend that is coming up and no seats left except for one
Of course your Game 1 is sold out, the arena holds what, 5...6 people - metaphorically :p - and it sucks that all the people at PA games will be mainle Raider fans, cause there won't be any tickets left for Blades fans. Raiders can come to Saskatoon cause we hold over 11,000 people. Nothin I can do and nothin you can do, I'm just sayin.

Tito9
03-25-2005, 02:38 AM
like blades fans would show up anyways. Look at game 1 in s'toon. Raider Fans show up the blades fans. terrible shows which city has pride in the team dispite population. Credit Union Centre is whose house? Raider House.

Knuckle Chucker
03-25-2005, 10:05 AM
like blades fans would show up anyways. Look at game 1 in s'toon. Raider Fans show up the blades fans. terrible shows which city has pride in the team dispite population. Credit Union Centre is whose house? Raider House.

No doubt. The Blades fans would not drown out GO RAIDERS GO so the sound guy had to do it with loud noise. Blades fans are always quiet (over all). It is a good thing there were so many Raider fans there as the small crowd size with us there was bad enough. There were more people at the Gordie Howe game.

Billy Blade
03-25-2005, 12:34 PM
There were more people at the Gordie Howe game.

Gordie Howe's a legend. :p

Wednesday nights are never a good draw in Saskatoon, but regardless it was a disappointing turnout for the playoffs especially after last season. Perhaps if ticketmaster wasn't raping people so severely for tickets more would show up.

Billy Blade
03-25-2005, 12:37 PM
like blades fans would show up anyways. Look at game 1 in s'toon. Raider Fans show up the blades fans. terrible shows which city has pride in the team dispite population.

Let's be honest, what else is there to do in Prince Albert?! ;)

Blades fans always show up in PA and you know it. There are just as many fanatical Blades fans that make the trips as there are Raider fans, if your rink was big enough you would have just as many of us up there as you had down here. Either way it was a good showing by your fans, I was impressed with the amount of noise they made when they scored.

SaskPlace/CUC killed the spirit of the Blades fans as a whole. Back in the days of the old Saskatoon Arena it was a nut house and the games were so much fun to be at. That's why I still like your barn, fun atmosphere to watch an important game in. Good burgers too. :)

Knuckle Chucker
03-25-2005, 12:54 PM
Gordie Howe's a legend. :p

Wednesday nights are never a good draw in Saskatoon, but regardless it was a disappointing turnout for the playoffs especially after last season. Perhaps if ticketmaster wasn't raping people so severely for tickets more would show up.

I agree on two out of three:

Yes, Gordie Howe is a legend
Yes, it sucks that the Blades have to use Ticketmaster. I bought my tickets online and ended up in section E - a prime season ticket area. The Blades fans around us said that we ended up with the seats of a season ticket holder who has had them since way back to the old barn days. I guess he payed for them but it didn't go through soon enough. He was mad but he will be really made when he hears that a Raider fan got them.
No, it should not matter that it was a Wednesday. We are talking game one of the Raiders and Blades who have not met in the playoffs in a long time. Come on, this is the biggest on-going rivalry in the dub.