PDA

View Full Version : Devin LeBlanc

Brandonite
01-20-2008, 11:19 PM
With Devin being 19 this year and not being dealt at the deadline, what does the future hold for LeBlanc in P.A.? I read on a different thread that LeBlanc is not considered as one of the three O.A. spots for next season. I don't get to see him as much as most fans, but what are some in take on this kid? There are so many Brandon boys playing in the dub right now that its hard to keep track of how they are all doing but you never hear anything about Devin...anyone??

TheSnowman
01-21-2008, 12:56 PM
What does the future hold for any of them? Bernhardt, Robertson, Jagow, Brandl, Hewson, LeBlanc, MacDonald. Not often you see Euros stick around more than a year so Brandl is probably out. Scoring is obviously the team's biggest need so I'd assume Robertson and MacDonald will be here which would leave Hewson, Bernhardt, and LeBlanc to play for the final 20 spot. Robertson being the most natural goal scorer of the bunch will probably stay but any of those other four could be trade bait for an over age d-man or solid backup to Stanford. Wouldn't be a surprise to see Smith, Small, Herrod, maybe Penner step up and provide some good secondary offence.

westbeach55
01-21-2008, 04:10 PM
you can pretty much count hewson, brandl and in my opinion leblanc out. I would keep berhardt robertson and mcdonald assuming there is no trades. there is no point in getting any d let our guys develop and get some ice time, give standford the #1 and let a young guy come in as a back up

Trav
01-21-2008, 04:36 PM
did a deal again and the Blades got Leblanc, giving up a pick for him would be enough since they gave u guys Cameron for nothing lol.

Dwight Schrute
01-21-2008, 04:42 PM
did a deal again and the Blades got Leblanc, giving up a pick for him would be enough since they gave u guys Cameron for nothing lol.
pretty sure flatters has been nothing short of a good veteran steady d-man for you folks. zahn seems to have learned a lot from him.

Trav
01-21-2008, 05:06 PM
so maybe I shouldn't say they gave up Cameron for nothing but he's 20 and Cameron is 18 and doing pretty decent for you guys. Think the Blades should've gotten a mid round pick in the deal to but oh well.

dagley
01-21-2008, 05:43 PM
I honestly was a little surprised he wasn't dealt, a change of scenery would have definitely helped him. I thought to myself during the deadline if it would be a possibility of Brandon picking him up, since Kelly had strong ties with Derek LeBlanc who played here for a few seasons.

Dwight Schrute
01-21-2008, 10:37 PM
i could have seen him making a good impact in brandon and possibly being mcrimmons "project" next year (eg later, lowry, kauk etc...). and a 3rd or 4th round bantam pick probably would have got it done

dagley
01-22-2008, 12:29 AM
He probably would have been more of a rental player, due to the fact he will be 20 next season, the 20 year old positions are almost certainly locked up for next season. Lowry, Clark, Erb/McCue will probably fill those positions.

Brandonite
01-22-2008, 10:36 PM
Yeah had Brandon of picked Devin up this year at the deadline, I still could not see him being a part of this team next year with the guys that the Wheat Kings already have in place. I can't see a guy like Devin LeBlanc overtaking guys like Lowry or Clark for that matter but in saying that some players have really blossomed well when coming to Brandon after having so-so WHL careers. Take guys like Steven Later, Rob Klinkhammer, Matt Lowry, Bryan Nathe, Tyler Dyck...all guys who were just average players up til the time they came to Brandon and for guys like Later, Klinkhammer & Nathe the move to Brandon is the main reason why those guys are playing semi-pro today is in large fact that coming to Brandon was the best thing for them. But then guys like Bryan Kauk, Greg Watson, Riley Day, Mark Schefchyk come to Brandon and so much success. Its a hit and miss but LeBlanc would just be a rental player for this season...

dagley
01-23-2008, 12:53 PM
I am not sure what you said at the end, but I am pretty sure you said they had little success. I don't think you could put Riley Day in that category, back-to-back WHL final appearances, Memorial Cup appearance, and really helped the young players in his final year where the Wheat Kings struggled. Plus, he was the only guy who could handle Brouwer from Moose Jaw :P

Brandonite
01-23-2008, 03:28 PM
I am not sure what you said at the end, but I am pretty sure you said they had little success. I don't think you could put Riley Day in that category, back-to-back WHL final appearances, Memorial Cup appearance, and really helped the young players in his final year where the Wheat Kings struggled. Plus, he was the only guy who could handle Brouwer from Moose Jaw :P
"Giveaway Day" was absolutely brutal to watch!! I have never heard fans chirp their own player the way Riley Day got ripped on every night! He mayhave been on successful teams yes, but I wouldn't say he was a huge part to that! He took so many stupid penalties, gave the puck away ALL THE TIME, and constantly got beat. He plays Senior hockey in Brandon area now and I hear he is just a nut case and thinks he is just a big all-star now.

Brandonite
01-23-2008, 08:49 PM
I will never forget him being all cocky when he was about to fight
Kozak in the playoffs and Kozak dropped him... we didnt let Day forget about it either

haha Rick Kozak was a beauty to watch on the ice! Always an entertainment with Kozak playing! And I dont doubt it for a second that Day was acting all cocky and then got dropped! I remember when Yeo beat the hell out of Kozzy when Yeo was 17! Memories! lol

OldRaiderFan
01-24-2008, 09:33 AM
haha Rick Kozak was a beauty to watch on the ice! Always an entertainment with Kozak playing! And I dont doubt it for a second that Day was acting all cocky and then got dropped! I remember when Yeo beat the hell out of Kozzy when Yeo was 17! Memories! lol
When did Yeo beat the hell out of Kozak? Was it in PA or Brandon? I honestly can't remember that fight?

Dwight Schrute
01-24-2008, 06:44 PM
I will never forget him being all cocky when he was about to fight
Kozak in the playoffs and Kozak dropped him... we didnt let Day forget about it either
i never saw day win a fight, i remember both elder and depape beating him as youngsters and him being rather embarassed lol

Dwight Schrute
01-24-2008, 06:54 PM
When did Yeo beat the hell out of Kozak? Was it in PA or Brandon? I honestly can't remember that fight?
he didnt beat the hell outta him, it was in brandon, and he jumped him from behind. not one of yeo's most shining moments

OldRaiderFan
01-24-2008, 11:43 PM
he didnt beat the hell outta him, it was in brandon, and he jumped him from behind. not one of yeo's most shining moments
Thanks for the information