PDA

View Full Version : Rebels Recall Aime

Shinyshoes
01-23-2008, 12:52 PM
The Rebels announced today they have recalled David Aime from the Alberni Valley Bulldogs of the BCJHL.

Riemer is injured, and out for up to 6 weeks.......

Red celtic
01-23-2008, 02:44 PM
How was Reimer injuried?

Shinyshoes
01-23-2008, 04:15 PM
I dont know too many details. All I know was it is his ankle.

rebelfan
01-23-2008, 04:47 PM
How was Reimer injuried?

High ankle sprain early in December, was told he could play. Guess someone was very wrong.

Rebel66
01-23-2008, 07:52 PM
How was Reimer injuried?

His injury was discussed, at length, on another thread. I guess rebelfan was accurate about his injury. I do still find it hard to believe that the Rebels would have forced Reimer to play as was intimated but, obviously, the extent of his injury was understated or unknown. Again, I wonder why the Rebels would force him to play given that this season is beyond a lost cause.

I wonder if they couldn't move Reimer due to this injury though.

RebelsFan
01-23-2008, 08:38 PM
The Rebels picked up Aime back in November for just this reason, a lack of Reimer. Only thing is, it was with the understanding they would be trading Reimer not that he would be injured. Maybe they kept playing him injured to mask the fact that he was hurt before the trade deadline but still didn't feel they got a good enough offer.

RDRebelsfan
01-23-2008, 08:48 PM
*watches the ball as it continues to fall*

SectionNDeserter
01-23-2008, 08:50 PM
I never really noticed him in any sort of discomfort at all in any recent games prior to the last home game. He seemed to be slow getting back to his feet in that game though. Could be that he re-aggravated it, or it could be that it is something that just hasn't been getting better. Should be interesting to see another of our goaltending prospects, and to see how hard he battles in practice, as this is probably as important of an opportunity that he is going to be presented with, and with him coming in as a 19 year old next season, quite possibly his last.

Rebel66
01-24-2008, 03:59 AM
Maybe they kept playing him injured to mask the fact that he was hurt before the trade deadline but still didn't feel they got a good enough offer.

Well unless Reimer returns next season the return that they got for him right now (i.e. zilch) will be a lot less than was supposedly offered by Brandon for him. Anybody now think that this was a mistake, in not trading him, if there was such an offer on the table?

RebelsFan
01-24-2008, 10:48 AM
Unfortunately, the early offer was Caliguri for Reimer plus some throw in players. The Rebels didn't want Caliguri because Clark is the same age. I am not sure if there were other serious offers after that or not. If management knew that Reimer was injured and may not heal they couldn't trade him with a good conscience. Wasn't it Peiper that we got that was injured for a whole season. I know Rebels brass was mad about getting damaged goods in a trade and I don't think they would have traded Reimer if they knew he was hurt, especially to Brandon. Peterson worked for Brandon before coming to the Rebels and I am sure he wouldn't burn McCrimmon with a bad deal.

rebelfan
01-24-2008, 12:06 PM
I agree the Rebels would not have traded Reimer if they had known the severity of his injury. I can't see them do a dirty deal like that. IMO they wanted to keep Reimer for a last ditch effort to make the playoffs and really hoped he could play through what they beleived was a minor injury at that time. While Brandon apparently offered a pretty good deal, it wasn't good enough. If 4-6 weeks is an accurate prediction of how long he will be out he should be able to be back for the last week of regular season and should be good to go for playoffs so Brandon wouldn't have got the complete shaft in this case even if he had been traded with the injury...also at the trade deadline, his second injury had probably not even occured... According to what I'm hearing the re-injury that has sidelined him happened during trade deadline week and the terrible road games after had to do with playing hurt. Although it looks like a heartless thing to make a player do, play with pain killers, in fairness if the coaches had been aware of the risks to Reimer playing hurt, I am hoping they wouldn't have put him in.

Rebel66
01-24-2008, 01:42 PM
I'm pleased to see a couple of responses that believe that the Rebels have more integrity than to trade damaged goods. Judging by all the bad mouthing of team management and ownership that sometimes goes on around here, I was starting to wonder........

Good.

WorkHorse
01-24-2008, 02:06 PM
Just for the record, Caliguiri is a year older than Clark, Hayes is the same age.