PDA

View Full Version : Broncos 7 Warriors 4

patsdude114
01-23-2008, 03:01 PM
Looks like the Broncos knocked the Warriors back down to earth last night, finally a team was able to use there speed against the Warriors weaker Defencemen and exposed them. Outside of Ellerby (-3) and Wishart (-1) the Warriors Defense gets very thin very fast. I do like how the Warriors forwards are built though speed, size and grit. It is sad though when ur two most offensive players on the score sheet are Grantham (2goals) Prokop (goal, assist)

I would love to see a Warriors Pats 2nd round or conference final i think it is exactly what our 2 teams need to get our rivialry back.

Good luck Warriors (god its hard for me to say that being a Pats fan)

Hatguy
01-23-2008, 03:18 PM
We were missing Stanton and Hamonic last night, two of our better defencemen, but that's no excuse when we have Wishart and Ellerby back there.

wardog fan
01-23-2008, 05:16 PM
you know what i find funny and it actually pisses me off. i read alot of it on the broncos forum, too many bandwagon jumpers and people who think they know it all. lets bash our team when they suck or blame ref's or blame coaching or ask for our coaches head cause the team isnt winning. its annoying. last night was not a case of the warriors coming down to earth or anything like that . anyone hear of the saying you cant win them all come to mind? perricone was lackluster at best and could not control his rebounds, swift went to the net and won the battle for the puck. our defense looked bad as well . i thought the call on perricone in the first period was the back breaker what a bone head call, vetter needs to look at that play again and realize he is a moron. swift scores and its 4-1 before anyone blinked. i credit the warriors for battling hard and earning some respect last night most teams would have packed it in and take the blowout. hunchak yanking the goalie with 2 mins left and down by 2 didnt make sense to me , but showed me he is out to win and wont take lieing dead for nothing. as for bronco fans calling the warriors cheap? lol funny they say that all the time, but were mad they didnt get mclaren and mad when regina does it to them, and yet their players never never do wrong. bottom line i have to ask is you think speed is going to take you anywhere when you hagve to face calgary, moose jaw, regina in a best of seven series? your kidding yourself if you think you speed will be able to win over physical play. as for yonkman , average at best he did nothing last night to say he is a game breaker. if he was his team gave him a 4-1 lead to shut the door and yet the game was still undecided till about 3 minutes in the third period. thats not a shutdown goalie. i dont know swift seems to have our number, they get the lucky breaks and thats hockey end of story. but hey i guess thats how pa has swifts number.lol

wardog fan
01-23-2008, 05:50 PM
hey patfan you think its sad when grantham has 2 goals? have you seen him play this year? he can do alot more then throw punches and he is a great asset to our team, prokop same think. not everynight your top scorers score, you need depth and be able to roll 3 or 4 lines. you would think you would know something about that seeing for most of the year all the pats had was one line. but hey , i wouldnt trade grantham or prokop for elder or watt any day of the week.

dodywood4ever
01-23-2008, 06:05 PM
Ya your awesome toughness really is scaring the crap out of Swift. They get so scared all they can do is light you up for 7. Toughness is also very important after a team scores an empty netter to finish the game. Well thought out. Keep up the excuses. They amuse me.

wardog fan
01-23-2008, 06:20 PM
dont worry dodywood, you guys lose again and you will all be back to bashing the coach and team and trying to run dean out of town.. and as for toughness, ya swift has toughness not one player would even step up at all.lol i wasnt making excuses, anyone who watched the game would agree on what i said, but maybe you were too bias to see that anyone even a old man could have scored your first 4 goals .. perricone was a sieve . second and thrid period you guys did nothing special, i do believe it was even in scoring and you guys only scored once on the powerplay including a 5 on 3. where was the speed then? lol give it up dody wood...maybe all those losses to prince albert wouldnt have you guys 8th in the conference.lol

Some_Arrogant_Jerk
01-23-2008, 06:37 PM
You wouldnt trade prokop, or grantham for watt? Even from a non homer standpoint, thats retarded. Watt is like a more skilled, but not as tough version of Mclaren. He checks just as hard as mclaren, though when it comes to dropping the gloves, Mclaren is probably better.

If I were Lang, I would haved trade any of those 2 guys for Watt in a second, seeing as MJ is trying to make a run at it this year.

Big Ern
01-23-2008, 07:42 PM
you know what i find funny and it actually pisses me off. i read alot of it on the broncos forum, too many bandwagon jumpers and people who think they know it all. lets bash our team when they suck or blame ref's or blame coaching or ask for our coaches head cause the team isnt winning. its annoying. last night was not a case of the warriors coming down to earth or anything like that . anyone hear of the saying you cant win them all come to mind? perricone was lackluster at best and could not control his rebounds, swift went to the net and won the battle for the puck. our defense looked bad as well . i thought the call on perricone in the first period was the back breaker what a bone head call, vetter needs to look at that play again and realize he is a moron. swift scores and its 4-1 before anyone blinked. i credit the warriors for battling hard and earning some respect last night most teams would have packed it in and take the blowout. hunchak yanking the goalie with 2 mins left and down by 2 didnt make sense to me , but showed me he is out to win and wont take lieing dead for nothing. as for bronco fans calling the warriors cheap? lol funny they say that all the time, but were mad they didnt get mclaren and mad when regina does it to them, and yet their players never never do wrong. bottom line i have to ask is you think speed is going to take you anywhere when you hagve to face calgary, moose jaw, regina in a best of seven series? your kidding yourself if you think you speed will be able to win over physical play. as for yonkman , average at best he did nothing last night to say he is a game breaker. if he was his team gave him a 4-1 lead to shut the door and yet the game was still undecided till about 3 minutes in the third period. thats not a shutdown goalie. i dont know swift seems to have our number, they get the lucky breaks and thats hockey end of story. but hey i guess thats how pa has swifts number.lol

Well Wardog, I thought I had to add a few thoughts here.

1.) We ALL bash our coach and jump bandwagons here in Swift Current?? Read all my posts, and then come back and tell me that again. In fact, we have some of the most faithful fans in this league in our barn every night....I know quite a few of our fans who DON'T bash the coach and follow the team faithfully. I would say be more careful about who YOU are bashing.

2.) I always trust your views on the game...they are quite frank and accurate in my opinion. True, we are all homers, and my views on the forum are sometimes slightly biased as well. But my God when I read your last few statements there, I laughed out loud. lol

3.)
as for bronco fans calling the warriors cheap? lol funny they say that all the time, but were mad they didnt get mclaren and mad when regina does it to them, and yet their players never never do wrong. bottom line i have to ask is you think speed is going to take you anywhere when you hagve to face calgary, moose jaw, regina in a best of seven series? your kidding yourself if you think you speed will be able to win over physical play.

You were right about the Warriors never mailing it in. But going after the goal scorer when he's celebrating a goal and just jumping him...yes, that is cheap.

You can't win with speed? What did Medicine Hat do last season and two seasons before that? I can tell you, my good friend these days the game is ALL ABOUT SPEED AND SKILL. The new rules SCREAM for speed and skill over physical play. If big guys like Wishart and Ellerby are just gonna be able to stand and watch like last night, they won't help you much. As for Regina, they are way too slow to compete for anything. Of course there are no predictions being thrown here...so don't run away with this. Anything can happen come playoffs, but I assure you, a fast and skilled team is way better than a team that tries to accomplish everything by hitting. Yes..grit is needed to an extent. But the physical aspect of the game has decreased dramatically since the rule changes.

3.)
as for yonkman , average at best he did nothing last night to say he is a game breaker. if he was his team gave him a 4-1 lead to shut the door and yet the game was still undecided till about 3 minutes in the third period. thats not a shutdown goalie.

"WOW" is all I can think when I read this statement. ??????!!!!!??? How many times did the Warriors look sky-ward in front of Yonkman? He was extremely fast and agile last night. No, I would not exactly describe him as a "shut-down goaltender." But he does win games for his team...when he's called on to make an important save, he's there to answer the call nine out of ten times.

So there you have it. I'm not making an attempt to rip you to shreds or anything. Re-assess the game..better yet watch it online, and see what you come up with. I'm usually not one to bicker back and forth, but this post had me reeling so I had to reply. I could of course be dead wrong about everything. That's all this forum is...fans' opinions. The fact is, I love the forum and at times like to mix it up a little. Again, in this case I felt that your opinion in the last post was really out by a mile.

Peace.

patsdude114
01-23-2008, 07:45 PM
hey patfan you think its sad when grantham has 2 goals? have you seen him play this year? he can do alot more then throw punches and he is a great asset to our team, prokop same think.

To be completely honest with you, yes i have seen Grantham play alot this season as my boss has 4 season tickets to the Warriors and i have been to 11 games this season in MJ (with not counting the games when the pats were there) I didnt once say Grantham sucks, he is very effective down low. This season he actually wants to carry the puck instead of dumping it in each time he touches it. Grantham and Nygren are by far your most improved players from last season. And yes not every night your top players area going to score.... but judging from last night (as i did watch the game on web cast) the Warriors best players were no where to be found, Ellerby, Holzapfel and Broda were a -3 sure Riley put up 2 assists.

I do agree with a comment thought with Yonkman not being a game breaker, he is avg at best most nights, and with a 4-1 lead early he should be able to lock it down the rest of the way. Swifty is built around speed, but when games get physical on them they shy away alot. Yonkman is no better then Caligiuri is in Brandon there both avg at best, but yet both are capable goaltenders.

Flathead
01-23-2008, 08:25 PM
To be completely honest with you, yes i have seen Grantham play alot this season as my boss has 4 season tickets to the Warriors and i have been to 11 games this season in MJ (with not counting the games when the pats were there) I didnt once say Grantham sucks, he is very effective down low. This season he actually wants to carry the puck instead of dumping it in each time he touches it. Grantham and Nygren are by far your most improved players from last season. And yes not every night your top players area going to score.... but judging from last night (as i did watch the game on web cast) the Warriors best players were no where to be found, Ellerby, Holzapfel and Broda were a -3 sure Riley put up 2 assists.

I do agree with a comment thought with Yonkman not being a game breaker, he is avg at best most nights, and with a 4-1 lead early he should be able to lock it down the rest of the way. Swifty is built around speed, but when games get physical on them they shy away alot. Yonkman is no better then Caligiuri is in Brandon there both avg at best, but yet both are capable goaltenders.
I'll take Yonks over Pepperoni anyday.
I wouldn't say we shy away from the physical game at all, we pounded the Giants the other night out hitting them probally 2.5/3-1 and they were lucky to come out with a 2-1 victory. I'd say Weise is probally one of the best power forwards in the league this year. but yes we're not built around strength, we are a team of speed that can also crash and bang pretty good. If your talking about dropping the mitts with some legit heavyweights, then ya your right we come up short there.

wardog fan
01-23-2008, 09:19 PM
well i see i have alot of critics here.lol but its all in good fun. i dont know where to start. big ern buddy my post wasnt to take a jab at swifty as much as it was to say i was not impressed last night with the first period effort of the tribe, in fact alot of people werent and im sure the coaches werent either. secondly i have gone on the record to say speed kills, theres no defense to it. our defense was lackluster and i think the first weak goal early in the first killed the morale. ellerby and wishart are very good and help our team alot but im going on record to say they are not physical. for two very big boys and arm reach they play their game well but they are not physical enough, i think last night was a huge example of that . i have gone on record to say that i compare the broncos to the warriors of 2 seasons ago. we lived on speed and heart and skill and got battered left right and center by brandon, and calgary , and lucky enough played a run and gun conference final with the hat in which perricone stole some games. thus taking on vancouver and the tribe were tired battered and bruised and didnt even put up a fight with the giants. here we are in 2008 , regina , calgary, moose jaw all are those big teams who can play any style game but play best in the physical department. honestly can a team like swift survive 3 rounds of physical play? only time will tell . but that was my point on the speed and comparing them to swifty. to go a step further if you play displined and let speed cause penelties like it should, you have to score on the powerplay , in which i did not think swifty played their best power play last night , perfect example 5 on 3 no goals... thats my take on that . as for roughness, one you dont put blame on the coach, hunchak i believe would never send goons out with that said, no explaintion for delaronde, mclaren, grantham being on the ice at one time, i dont think i noticed it. i did see the empty netter and only explantion there is 7-4 game in your own barn, pride is needed. i dont think what mclaren did was right i think it was out of frustration. the guy isnt a goon, hes not fighting every game or being suspended like a guy a year or two ago that played in toon town and was traded to swifty by the name of tidball that guy shouldnt have been in hockey.lol all in all im not defending the fact we lost, perricone is human and has his good and bad games, just like yonkman and rowat and whoever esle. perricone has stole many of games i have seen it and im sure you all have seen it.

as for the watt trade i was reffering to the watt in red deer. his first game he was suspended with the pats, but i see he is playing well and a change is sometimes good. but the guy is got a mark on his jersey and if im coaching in the playoffs would i want someone who can cost me a game by a questionable call on a hit by watt and lose on a power play goal or have prokop and grantham in the lineup , i would take the latter. but i would change my mind in a second on watt if this was last year , the guy was amazing. hes a gamble and seems to be playing well in regina, but i do believe last year the big trade with kelowna things went well for the pats after that trade too and then got them nothing but 2nd round.wheres ofkunay now? everyone has their own opinions but watt is not the gamble i would take .

dodywood4ever
01-23-2008, 10:33 PM
dont worry dodywood, you guys lose again and you will all be back to bashing the coach and team and trying to run dean out of town.. and as for toughness, ya swift has toughness not one player would even step up at all.lol i wasnt making excuses, anyone who watched the game would agree on what i said, but maybe you were too bias to see that anyone even a old man could have scored your first 4 goals .. perricone was a sieve . second and thrid period you guys did nothing special, i do believe it was even in scoring and you guys only scored once on the powerplay including a 5 on 3. where was the speed then? lol give it up dody wood...maybe all those losses to prince albert wouldnt have you guys 8th in the conference.lol

I see Warriors lose 7-4 in the thread title but all I get from you is Tidball and Prince Albert references. Keep it relevant brains or just give up.

Broncs in RD
01-23-2008, 10:49 PM
Wardog are you kidding me. You say old men would have scored the first 4 Broncos goals, well maybe the Warriors should have went out and got 2 old men to help them against Swift Current the other night instead of McLaren, Ellerby and Wishart!!!!! Also you say we we only had 1 PP goal well thank goodness for that or the score would have been 10-4. Then you go on and say the Broncos did nothing special in the 2nd and 3rd periods, Good thing they didn't do nothing SPECIAL in those 2 periods or the score may have been 15-4. Your points are stupid and are really just a rant because the Broncos have your number this year. You also go one and say are speed will do nothing in the playoffs in a 7 game series versus you guys well right now buds the best of 8 is BRONCOS 3 WARRIOR 0. Grow up take the LOSSES. I WILL TELL YOU WHAT SPECIAL IS WINNING 7-4 AND FROM YOUR POINT OF VIEW US DOING NOTHING SPECIAL. THAT IS SPECIAL AND IMPRESSIVE

BIG ERN you trust this guys point of views are you sick.

penman
01-23-2008, 10:53 PM
You sound a little bitter over the game last nite. Dont take it to heart I would suggest you buy some books on hockey which would help you get a better handle on just how the game is played and who should fite and when or better yet ask a player I am sure they would explain it to you.Then you wouldnt have to go to all that work of typing essays just to get get your miss informed opinions across

Big Ern
01-23-2008, 11:34 PM
Wardog are you kidding me. You say old men would have scored the first 4 Broncos goals, well maybe the Warriors should have went out and got 2 old men to help them against Swift Current the other night instead of McLaren, Ellerby and Wishart!!!!! Also you say we we only had 1 PP goal well thank goodness for that or the score would have been 10-4. Then you go on and say the Broncos did nothing special in the 2nd and 3rd periods, Good thing they didn't do nothing SPECIAL in those 2 periods or the score may have been 15-4. Your points are stupid and are really just a rant because the Broncos have your number this year. You also go one and say are speed will do nothing in the playoffs in a 7 game series versus you guys well right now buds the best of 8 is BRONCOS 3 WARRIOR 0. Grow up take the LOSSES. I WILL TELL YOU WHAT SPECIAL IS WINNING 7-4 AND FROM YOUR POINT OF VIEW USE DOING NOTHING SPECIAL. THAT IS SPECIAL AND IMPRESSIVE

BIG ERN you trust this guys point of views are you sick.

Yes I in fact do trust his views for the most part, because I don't often find icing on the cake in his posts when his team sucked. When the Warriors don't play well, he posts it loud and clear...usually. We're pretty good personal friends..I know the guy. So yeah..until yesterday he was pretty stellar. Apparently he witnessed yesterday's game from an alchohol-influenced luxury booth. haha Maybe he got a bit out of it towards the end. I can understand his homerism..he's an MJ fan. I just thought he missed a few things last night. Yes, I thought his opinion of the game was pretty ummmm.....off by a bit. lol

BTW BroncsinRD, that last post sounds like a Regina fan. lol It's a big rant that we seldom see from you. haha

wardog fan
01-24-2008, 12:00 AM
ahhh ern thanks buddy. naw serious, i was venting and yes i do admit i was drinking the beer a lil faster then normal from about the 1st intermission on.lol in all seriousness my critics got me , i was venting a lil somewhat trying to save face, seems im the only tribe fan on here damnit. ern you need to come down to the jaw and motivate some people.lol just kidding. but i do argree with some comments on our key players not being noticed last night. and i will go as far as saying that i didnt see warmups but i just felt the warriors lacked that extra jump we were flat footed most of the second period, and i dont care what team you are to be down 3 goals in the first 10 minutes is tough to jump back into. to be a true contender at this level good teams find ways to claw back, we did SOMEWHAT!!! i dont think it was a lopsided game like some of you are jumping onto me over saying that . the shot board shows that statement. something about last nights game, got me boiled up. the players looked like they were looking to bully if i can say that late in the third alot of frustration was being shown, and for me personally was the first time i seen that from this club this year . weather its a good thing to talk about for the coaching staff or negative that when a club is down 2 or 3 goals you cant be taking stupid penalties to hurt your chances. as for mclaren i never said what he did on the empty net goal was something i liked . it was just a act of frustration. but anyways we are burning this right to ashes here.lol its a game and its 2 pts not a game in a seven game series. but a postive for broncos is yes they have stole 6 pts from the tribe in the crushed can something thats been hard to do for alot of teams our home record shows that. as for questioning my thoughts.lol hey i love the critics, its a forum im entitled to them but ive never gone on to be a homer. i say it as i see it and last night i guess i was looking threw beer goggles .lol one swift kid who did impress me alot last night was matt tassone, his one timer goal from the slot i believe in the first period was nice. but i know i will be burned for this comment but to go on and question me about hockey thats funny as i read alot of posts on here , well enough on that.lol
as for the score in one post funny it could have been 15-4? isnt that the case for either team in any game.lol dude we had our chances to empty nets missed , missed passes , couple big saves, its all about finish and bounces and making the play. it just wasnt our night and i said that from the beginning. 15-4 ? now thats funny

Flathead
01-24-2008, 07:37 AM
lol in all seriousness my critics got me , i was venting a lil somewhat trying to save face, seems im the only tribe fan on here damnit.
Wardog, where do the rest of the Warrior fans post at? You should try to get some more Warrior fans over here.
Also we may be up three games to none, but there are 5 more games. Although I would really like it, and give you a good ribbing, in reality we will be lucky to be 8-0. Probally end up 7-1 haha . All kidding aside I think you know what I mean.

wardog fan
01-24-2008, 10:31 AM
ya its all good , hey flathead you guys are up 3-0 on us, arnt you down 3-1 to prince albert and the tribe is up 3-1 to regina . funny how things work out and hockey is played out ... just kidding had to get my two cents in.lol

Hatguy
01-24-2008, 12:06 PM
You wouldnt trade prokop, or grantham for watt? Even from a non homer standpoint, thats retarded. Watt is like a more skilled, but not as tough version of Mclaren. He checks just as hard as mclaren, though when it comes to dropping the gloves, Mclaren is probably better.

If I were Lang, I would haved trade any of those 2 guys for Watt in a second, seeing as MJ is trying to make a run at it this year.

That's funny. Last time I checked, which was a few minutes ago, Watt is an overage player. In all honesty Watt is not that great, I'd actually rather have Prokop (17) and Grantham (19) on the Warriors next year than a few months of Watt. It should be interesting to see Watt get destroyed next time the Pats play the Warriors though, now you guys actually have a guy that'll fight our big boys. lol

What's this about you being the only Warrior fan on here "Wardog"? I don't talk because there's no one to talk to on here.

wardog fan
01-24-2008, 12:12 PM
well welcome hat guy.lol

patsdude114
01-24-2008, 12:19 PM
I must say i trust wardog and big ern posts alot.... yes everyone is a homer to some degree but i find these 2 guys see the game from a hockey fan as well not just a homer...

Its hard to find people who will see a game as a hockey fan seems like there is less and less of these people out there. Its good to see some guys like yourselves out there. As for myself I am always telling this 1 guy who has season tickets to the Pats to quit being such a homer and watch games as a hockey fan and just enjoy things on both sides of the ice, and not yelling for a penalty each time a pat is touched..... its really pathedic actually. A person can still cheer for his/or her team without seeing things just 1 way.

Now i know with that being said the Pats have the biggest homer for a radio guy in Rod Pederson, (i hope Roddy reads this lol) he does make things sound exciting at times even if its only seeing things 1 way lol.... hes a much better football guy to be honest.

I look forward to sharing opinions alot more with wardog and big ern... there is also a few guys on the pats thread that i enjoy sharing opinions with also and then there are the idiots who you would think it was there 1st hockey they ever saw, im not naming names but im sure you guys know a few also lol

Lets battle to the end and see where it places all our east division teams should be fun

wardog fan
01-24-2008, 12:30 PM
lol patsdude, nothing wrong with being a homer, i do it once in awhile. i think personally some fans take it too far and it gets annoying. i have to agree that ern is one of the most passionate fans on here , not dissing anyone but hes one guy no matter if its 40 blow or 0 visibility that guy will make almost all road games and home game and do pretty much anything for his club. i like talking hockey ive coached a long time and just love the game. i can twist things around and spice things up once in awhile but who doesnt , right?lol . i think this is a great site, gets the talks going and creates interest in the league and our clubs. whoever made this site thumbs up in my books. as for roddy , i tend to agree and dissagree with the guy. what happen in swifty i think is uncalled for you dont diss another teams rink and if your a professional be that dont intice things more. but you know give the guy credit he makes people listen to him weather you like him or not, if he was on tv and had his own show , his ratings would be good.lol but for me i hate loseing to the east divison teams but you know what i wouldnt trade it any other year cause if that one year comes and you look on your teams schedule and theres no swifty or say moose jaw on it or even prince albert then what happens? im affraid if one team goes its a ripple effect in this province. so love to hate but stick together here in the prairies is my motto.

Some_Arrogant_Jerk
01-24-2008, 05:52 PM
That's funny. Last time I checked, which was a few minutes ago, Watt is an overage player. In all honesty Watt is not that great, I'd actually rather have Prokop (17) and Grantham (19) on the Warriors next year than a few months of Watt. It should be interesting to see Watt get destroyed next time the Pats play the Warriors though, now you guys actually have a guy that'll fight our big boys. lol

What's this about you being the only Warrior fan on here "Wardog"? I don't talk because there's no one to talk to on here.

Man, Mclovin has nothing on Watt. He is bigger, but Watt has something that your pal "Frasier" doesnt have, and that is SHEER CRAZINESS. That, and he is more skilled. We also have a few other guys willing to mix it up with the heavies, if you didnt notice. I remember Elder pounding the crap out of ol' "granny" last time they were acquainted.

I agree that it will be fun to see how he plays against the Warriors. I dont think the odds are high he will get destroyed, but we will see.

and last time I checked, you guys are trying to make a run for it this season. So I think that during this season, not necessarily in the future, but right now, Watt would be a more useful player than Prokop, or Grantham.

wardog fan
01-24-2008, 06:02 PM
are we talking about the fight in regina between grantham and elder? if so i think you had the beer goggles on buddy wow.lol if anything it was a good tilt , i think elder earned some respect from me but he didnt destroy grantham at all. i think the only fight that grantham had his hands full was with brett sonne when he tilted with him here in the jaw. i do believe now correct me if im wrong but since that fight in regina elder hasnt fought or come close to challenging grantham. trust me when i say this , i have heard it from other players the guy punches are like cement blocks, no word of a lie. anyways the way i see the moose jaw regina game is this theres tons of skill on both ends, some big physical guys , i see a fight or two coming, usually happens in a home and home tilt. but the bottom line it has to come down to playing hockey, i love the physical present we have opens the ice for our skill guys and no one will take runs at our players. teubert did and knackstedt stepped up and grantham tried and tuebert cowarded like a lil doll. but to save a agruement here it should be interesting to say the least , i for one is hoping for a good hockey , but something tells me that weekend could be one hell of two games. get your tickets now wow. watt and mclaren from what i have seen all of this year i wouldnt go for watt you said it yourself he is nuts. mclaren is putting up numbers and fights when he needs to , hes not been suspended nor done anything stupid . with that said and i will say it again throw the jd watt of last year in to this picture then you would be stupid not to go for a guy like that 35 goals and playoff experience. but now he can sit with regina and we will see how it all folds out.

wardog fan
01-24-2008, 06:14 PM
you know the more i think about your statement s.a.j., the more it makes me think, that i am willing to bet every team in the eastern conference has that home and home circled.lol i bet every playoff team , swifty, medi hat, brandon, hell even calgary and lethbridge are hoping we just kill each other in this.lol its possible think about it , the prokop hit from behind in game one in regina, tuebert's cheap hit on holzafpal. granted mclaren, watt, bender were not in the picture then but now the makings of this two games could very well be one hell of a slug fest. you have heavy hitters, fighters, and teenagers. yes teenagers and when emotions get high and crowds excessing standing room only in both rinks tension should be at a all time high. i should be a promoter.lol but anyways i hope in the end clear heads prevail we play some serious hard hitting clean hockey and roll on some motmentum for the playoffs i think the last thing any one of our teams need is some suspensions or injuries and i hope i can speak for all of us that no one wants to see someone seriously hurt. watt who knows with him, alot of people are tlaking about him while he was with red deer and he was hurting people and not with just clean checks. lets rememeber these are only kids and again i just hope the weekend and the alumni game goes well and we are all happy in the end and have a great treat to see some exciting playoff hockey. but my promotion skills come out in me and say regina and moose jaw will get a treat early febuary to some playoff type hockey

wardog fan
01-24-2008, 06:36 PM
to finish off my point with elder and grantham, look at the game summaries, elder hasnt come near grantham since their fight, he has fought two more times in our games and fought stanton and delaronde.. well done elder...

Some_Arrogant_Jerk
01-24-2008, 08:27 PM
You know, everyone says Watt is a dirty player, and in the past, of course he has played dirty. So far during his time on the pats, he has stuck to a power forward type game... maybe a bit of agitating in his first game here, but outside of that, he has kept it clean.

The suspension he recieved for 1 game was mostly based on his reputation, being that the infraction itself probably would ahve been a 4 minute penalty at most, if not a 2 minute if the hit was from anyone else. The league goes by whether the player is hurt or not, not how bad the hit looked, and versteeg put on a little show for everyone until watt got a game for it.

But regardless, some people are going to rag on him, and there is nothing he can do to shed his repuation. However, if he continues to play how he has so far with the pats, maybe he can show others that he can play like he did last year.

As for Elder, you are right. He isnt much of an aggressor. He can fight well when challenged, as he has showed this year in his fights with guys like klotz and grantham...though he picks his spots. He wont ever be the top heavy weight because he doesnt want to fight. My point is that he is capable, and if emotions get high in a game against a team liek yours, perhaps he might actually drop them. Teubert and Bender are also capable, as is Leffler when he gets back from injury.

wardog fan
01-24-2008, 08:35 PM
i totally agree with you 100% pal.. it was what i was saying, i think any team who has a guy who can play the game not scared to drop the mitts and doesnt cause too much trouble is a plus. as for watt, never once said the talent isnt there, change of scenery is always good for a kid, case in point brady leavold. but like i mentioned its kinda exciting to think the amount of fireworks that could happen in that 2 game series, the hype is there . bubt me personally miss the run and gun team we had 2 years ago, its fun to watch speed and skill and yes we also have that as does regina in eberle he is a treat to watch, and i see kraus is starting to make noise but you know every game i have seen him play he is invisible, but thats just me. but i hope for some fantastic hockey and heck why not a bout or two for the hype.lol i think regina wins this year as the home and home usually ends in the jaw , now its reversed and its in regina, usually the second game is the nut game.lol bubt should start off with a bang in the crushed can, usually brings the best out of the rivalery.

patsdude114
01-26-2008, 01:22 PM
I for 1 can NOT wait til feb 8th and 9th.. i already got my tickets in MJ (got them when i went to watch the Raiders and Warriors)

Yes i agree both teams have alot of talent, with the guys who play on the egde and willing to drop the mits. I think this time around the Warriors may be in for abit of a shock. As the Pats finally have a team that is willing to go to war. We didnt have that in the games earlier.

As for Elder, he doesnt match up against Grantham or McLaren that well. Yes Elder is big and has fought other tough guys around the league. The thing is Elder doesnt fight enough to be known as a actual tough guy. Grantham for 1 has really improved all aspects of his game, he has really learned more in the fighting aspect, yes he could fight last year but he was no where near where he is today. His fights last season against Stoesz he was still learning alot but did well against a vetern fighter. Nexted season Grantham in my mind will be the clear cut heavyweight, the bar will be raised to him with other fighters, kinda like how Boogaard Kassien and Stoesz were known as the top dogs.

And it is about damn time that Regina gets the 2nd game of this home and home. We rarely get the 2nd game and the 2nd game is always the game where the mits hit the ice the most.

I also agree that other teams in the Eastern Conference are prob hoping that we kill each other out there. Get a injury to a top player or suspension. Now with that said i dont want to see anyone get hurt cuz as much as injuries are part of the game you dont want to see someone get hurt from someone being stupid out there.

GO PATS GO