PDA

View Full Version : Pats vs Broncos

patsdude114
01-26-2008, 12:44 AM
Well i am already pumped for this game so thought Id start a thread on it already..

I for 1 am making the 2 hr trip to SC with 3 buddies, tickets in section B higher up... should be a great game. Both teams coming off big wins friday night, Pats 3-2 ot winners and Broncos 4-0 winners over Rockets.

Sorry getting a little off topic here but why was the Rockets back out in the east division for 1 game, then go to MH.. I thought the BC division only came to the east division this season??? really boggles my mind why the Rockets are exempt from this league rule....

OK getting back to the Pats vs Broncos........ Last time the Broncos and Pats Clashed was at the Brandt Center in a 4-2 win for the Pats... Yes the Broncos had won the 2 previous games but those were before the trade deadline new players on each side (ok mainly the Pats side) should be a interesting game tomorrow night the Broncos are going to want to be the team that finally knocks off the Pats after the trade deadline. So both teams should be digging down deep for a interesting game. Look for Rowat to get the nod again with back to back starts, Bosch will most likely get the nod against the Blades on sunday.

I think adding Kennedy back into the line-up will happen also saturday night, he doesnt hurt us when on the ice its a division game, may need some added toughness in the line-up. Pym and Kulchar may both play on Sunday night.. Some might think im crazy with this comment but it wouldnt surprise me if Hunt made Jackson a healthy scratch against a lower team to give Pym and Kulchar some much needed ice time. Now with saying that it doesnt mean Jackson isnt playing up to par cuz he is, just think you need to keep Pym and Kulchar playing as much as possible. We got almost too much depth on our blueline if there is such a thing. It kind of shocked me that we didnt send Pym back down to midget or assign him or Kulchar to a MJHL or SJHL team so they could see some regular ice to help there development.

Just my opinions is all i know some may think there crazy or out to lunch but thats ok too lol

GO PATS GO

Big Ern
01-26-2008, 01:56 AM
Well i am already pumped for this game so thought Id start a thread on it already..

I for 1 am making the 2 hr trip to SC with 3 buddies, tickets in section B higher up... should be a great game. Both teams coming off big wins friday night, Pats 3-2 ot winners and Broncos 4-0 winners over Rockets.

Sorry getting a little off topic here but why was the Rockets back out in the east division for 1 game, then go to MH.. I thought the BC division only came to the east division this season??? really boggles my mind why the Rockets are exempt from this league rule....

OK getting back to the Pats vs Broncos........ Last time the Broncos and Pats Clashed was at the Brandt Center in a 4-2 win for the Pats... Yes the Broncos had won the 2 previous games but those were before the trade deadline new players on each side (ok mainly the Pats side) should be a interesting game tomorrow night the Broncos are going to want to be the team that finally knocks off the Pats after the trade deadline. So both teams should be digging down deep for a interesting game. Look for Rowat to get the nod again with back to back starts, Bosch will most likely get the nod against the Blades on sunday.

I think adding Kennedy back into the line-up will happen also saturday night, he doesnt hurt us when on the ice its a division game, may need some added toughness in the line-up. Pym and Kulchar may both play on Sunday night.. Some might think im crazy with this comment but it wouldnt surprise me if Hunt made Jackson a healthy scratch against a lower team to give Pym and Kulchar some much needed ice time. Now with saying that it doesnt mean Jackson isnt playing up to par cuz he is, just think you need to keep Pym and Kulchar playing as much as possible. We got almost too much depth on our blueline if there is such a thing. It kind of shocked me that we didnt send Pym back down to midget or assign him or Kulchar to a MJHL or SJHL team so they could see some regular ice to help there development.

Just my opinions is all i know some may think there crazy or out to lunch but thats ok too lol

GO PATS GO

I want to take this opportunity to welcome you to our newly-renovated facility. I can almost assure you that you won't get spit on. haha

Anyway, should be a whale of a game! The Broncos are always ready for Regina!

GO SWIFTY!!!

Some_Arrogant_Jerk
01-26-2008, 02:04 AM
It looks a little dumb right now, but next year, both Pym and Kulchar will have a fair amount of experience, and will be able to step up and assume a bigger role, rather than just one of them being able to, and the other sent down. Next year, we will lose half of our top four, so both of them would move up an entire pair. Bartley, Delahey, Teubert and Jackson should be the top 4, and then you got those two in the third pairing. Looking even further ahead, one of them could be trade bait depending on the progress of Slobozian, or any other emergence of next years 16 year olds.

As for the upcoming broncos game, I dont really have a good feeling about it. No, its not because of they are faster and (apparently) more skilled than we are (just saying that before some broncos fan starts piping in about that), but that we might start coasting at this point after a few hard fought games against teams just as tough, and arguably tougher. Tonight, we let the hat speed around and play their style of game, and I hope we dont do the same here with a stronger team with a comparable style in a more meaningful game.

I fear that we might take them too lightly, being that the broncos were not very good last game in Regina (not that we were great either). They seem to be on somewhat of a tear lately as well, which might make it more difficult. I am willing to bet they will come out flying and that they will want some revenge from last game.

Either way, it should be a good matchup. The anticipation alone is killing me a little bit.

patsdude114
01-26-2008, 02:41 AM
It looks a little dumb right now, but next year, both Pym and Kulchar will have a fair amount of experience, and will be able to step up and assume a bigger role, rather than just one of them being able to, and the other sent down. Next year, we will lose half of our top four, so both of them would move up an entire pair. Bartley, Delahey, Teubert and Jackson should be the top 4, and then you got those two in the third pairing. Looking even further ahead, one of them could be trade bait depending on the progress of Slobozian, or any other emergence of next years 16 year olds.

Oh i totally agree with you there.... they both will be key performers for us nexted season. But with that said as well the more ice time they can get in game situations would also better each 1s development. Each taking turns game in and game out only seeing maybe 8 mins of ice in each game isnt a whole lot of experience for such young guys... Its hard enough for them to get into the line up with our top 6 D being so strong. We are forced to move a Dman up to forward just to get them into the line up. Once Leffler comes back from his injury it is going to be harder and harder to get them into the line up, as u will have Kennedy fighting for a forward slot in the line up.

None of our top 6 Dmen are on the weak side, so to even rotate 3 guys in and out of the line up doesnt make sence to me..... yes we have a star Dman in Pyett but after that anyone of the other regular Dmen could be Pyetts partner, all are just that steady back there. You could pretty well take any of our Dmen and put them on any team and theyd be in there top 3 if not top 2 on every team. Im not the only 1 who thinks this either, I know some Warrior fans (personally) who would love any 1 of our Dmen as a insurance to Wishart and Ellerby. To me that must make teams be more aware of our defence that any guy could be used as a shut down pair against a top line.

I cant wait for tonighs game in SC, that barn should be jumping and i want to see some of there upgrades as well as it has been 2 yrs sinec i have been there.

CHtoo
01-27-2008, 12:06 AM
"Quote" Patsdude114 "I for 1 am making the 2 hr trip to SC with 3 buddies, tickets in section B higher up... should be a great game. Both teams coming off big wins friday night, Pats 3-2 ot winners and Broncos 4-0 winners over Rockets."

Nice to meet you. I'm glad no-one scored while you were taking a break starting the OT.
Hope you had a good trip home. :wave:

patsdude114
01-27-2008, 02:31 PM
Yes i had a blast at the game last night.... You guys standing behind us were great last night.... really made our night last night. Thought we were going to have a date last night in the parking lot with the guy up in the box who was wearing the Atlanta Falcons sweater....but other then that it was a blast, love the upgrades done to the Iplex, and the beers went down liek water last night, which kinda sucked too always had to run to the washroom lol.

Look forward to seeing u guys again when the pats and broncos play again.
May be a 1st round match up could be alot of fun and more beers consumed lol