PDA

View Full Version : Switzers Blog

Scout
01-26-2008, 07:15 AM
Switzer's Blog
The online presence of radio personality Ryan Switzer
Friday, January 25, 2008
Streak Breakers

Earlier this week the Broncos beat Moose Jaw in Moose Jaw marking the 1st time since mid November the Warriors have lost in regulation the crushed can. As I type this the Broncos are coming off a 4-0 win over Kelowna. Kelowna had won 10 of their last 11 and boasted some impresseive numbers over that time (from reganbartel.blogspot.com):

Red Hot Rockets: Colin Long is riding an eight game point streak (3+15=18), and has points in 15 of his last 16 games (7+27=34). Jamie Benn is riding a ten game point streak (10+15=25). Benn leads the team in power play goals with 13. Cody Almond set a new career high in goals with his 16th of the season in Wednesday’s win. Almond has a nine game point streak (5+11=16). Almond has been held off the score-sheet just once in 13 games since the Christmas break. Brady Leavold is riding a 13 game point streak. Leavold has 14+16=30 over that period.

It looks like the Broncos are making a habit of breaking streaks. Anyone else think Regina is due for a loss? That game is tonite at 7;30. I can't make it. I have an MC gig. Someone say Hi to Rod for me.

R$

Flathead
01-26-2008, 10:36 AM
Switzer's Blog
The online presence of radio personality Ryan Switzer
Friday, January 25, 2008
Streak Breakers

Earlier this week the Broncos beat Moose Jaw in Moose Jaw marking the 1st time since mid November the Warriors have lost in regulation the crushed can. As I type this the Broncos are coming off a 4-0 win over Kelowna. Kelowna had won 10 of their last 11 and boasted some impresseive numbers over that time (from reganbartel.blogspot.com):

Red Hot Rockets: Colin Long is riding an eight game point streak (3+15=18), and has points in 15 of his last 16 games (7+27=34). Jamie Benn is riding a ten game point streak (10+15=25). Benn leads the team in power play goals with 13. Cody Almond set a new career high in goals with his 16th of the season in Wednesday’s win. Almond has a nine game point streak (5+11=16). Almond has been held off the score-sheet just once in 13 games since the Christmas break. Brady Leavold is riding a 13 game point streak. Leavold has 14+16=30 over that period.

It looks like the Broncos are making a habit of breaking streaks. Anyone else think Regina is due for a loss? That game is tonite at 7;30. I can't make it. I have an MC gig. Someone say Hi to Rod for me.

R$
I hope a lot of the "Rod faithfulls" say "hi".

Toswammi
01-26-2008, 12:42 PM
I hope a lot of the "Rod faithfulls" say "hi".

I hope some of the shy ones even say hi

Flathead
01-26-2008, 02:22 PM
Maybe the guys that sit in the east end and heckle the goalie with a loud "you suck", could give a shout out to Rod! lol.

Toswammi
01-26-2008, 06:33 PM
Maybe the guys that sit in the east end and heckle the goalie with a loud "you suck", could give a shout out to Rod! lol.

Speaking of the you suck, that would be a cool one if the entire rink got in on it after the announcement of every bronco goal.