Fowards GP G A PTS PIM AGE
Burke Gallimore 30 19 32 51 36 16
Jaime Crooks 30 19 21 40 22 15
Cody Chikie 32 18 12 30 62 16
Charles Inglis 27 12 7 19 107 15
Josh Nichols 30 13 24 37 + 13 46 15

hobster
01-26-2008, 04:10 PM
Out of this group i think you see Krahn W.Klassen Inglis Gallimore and Nichols for sure make it to the opening day roster.

Tidball
01-27-2008, 03:21 PM
Id say that Crooks is the most promising prospect. He leads his Midget AAA team in scoring as an underage forward. Gallimore has a few more points in the same league but is a year older. Crooks looks unreal. But there have been rumors with him going to college so who knows.

Dwight Schrute
01-27-2008, 04:34 PM
brant norton probably has a good chance too
what is the deal with inglis ? youd think a pick that high would at least come close to .5 ppg

hobster
01-27-2008, 04:44 PM
what is the deal with inglis ? youd think a pick that high would at least come close to .5 ppg
I would say say Norton has zero chance at making the team with his lousy 10 points this year. Inglis is way better in every catagorie and is a year younger, Gallimore Inglis Crook Nichols and Chikie have a way better opertunity at cracking the team than Norton does.

Tidball
01-27-2008, 10:42 PM

Ugh, 17 points in 29 games is over .5 ppg

Inglis hates to lose. He doesnt get good playing time with his team. He will make the Blades roster no question. IMO Crooks and Inglis are locks to make the team next season.

Trav
01-27-2008, 11:05 PM
was on a better team his points would be higher.

Trav
01-27-2008, 11:07 PM
I wouldn't write off Henry-Norton yet. He could be one of those guys that don't get noticed on the score sheet but get noticed with their hard work and defensive play.

hobster
01-28-2008, 12:07 AM
I wouldn't write off Henry-Norton yet. He could be one of those guys that don't get noticed on the score sheet but get noticed with their hard work and defensive play.
Well im writting him off, he looks slow to me the times i have seen him with no offensive up side at all. The Blades have enough defensve fowards we don't need another one, we need pure scorers.

WHL Crazy
01-28-2008, 08:35 AM
Jamie Crooks- Crooks is by no means a lock to make the team next year. He is a smallish guy with a perimeter game that may not translate as well to the WHL game as guys like Gallimore, Dziurzynski, Inglis and Nicholls who will all be on the team next year.

Brant Henry-Norton- He is a gritty player who skates very well and can chip in if given the opportunity. He is not going to be a scorer right away and perhaps never will be. He is an agitator and reminds me alot of that Hunt kid from Vancouver which the Blades drafted.

Gallimore, Nicholls, Inglis will all have great chances of making the squad next year. Durand and Fiala will be gone opening up 2 spots. My bet is that Klotz will be gone and the Blades will keep Reich as a 20 yr old next year as well. They will bring in a euro forward likely and a high pick at that! Also probably another 20 yr old forward so there really isn't much room for more players like Crooks or Norton next year.

Gillies
Hulak
Patterson
Wintoneak
Toomey
Hamilton
Reich
Dziurzynski
Philp
Belyk* could be replaced
Langkow
Inglis
Nicholls
Gallimore

Elliott
Zahn
Funk
Niemi
Klassen
Berg
Wall
W. Klassen

Holtby
Zemlak
Hamilton/Krahn

There you go!

hobster
01-28-2008, 10:30 AM
No i saw the right player, maybe he was injured or had a off game who knows.

Trav
01-28-2008, 12:42 PM
that some of the older players like Hulak and Wintoneak better be a lot better then this year and if they're not then they better be moved.

witness
01-28-2008, 01:46 PM
I have read a few posts regarding the lack of production from Hulak. What is up with you people??
The kid has been dealing with a ton of stuff all year long and I would say that his hockey career is somewhere between fifth and tenth on his priority list.
He is front line talent on a really talent starved Blades team. I have watched maybe a half dozen Blades games and he doesn't cheat his team mates. He is dependable on the defensive end and has a huge offensive upside.
But, hey if the Blades fans are that unhappy with him, the Pats will gladly take him back.

hobster
01-28-2008, 02:08 PM
Well i know i expected him to be a point per game player thats not so much to ask for. He is 18 so if he doesn't perform in the first half next season i would seriously maybe trade the guy, yes he is a good defensive foward and responsable but i think the Blades just need pure goal scoring from him, we have enough defensive fowards.

Hulak isn't the only disapointment up front this year tho. And another thing do you think Hulak is the only one to have personall familly problems off the ice ? i don't think so, what happened to him was tragic but that was awhile ago and there is no reason why he shouldn't be putting up some better numbers. If he can consentrate on defence why can't he on offense doesn't make sence oh well.

howley
01-28-2008, 08:31 PM
I am sure 99% of any major junior players off ice issues fail to compare to Hulak's. The grieving process isn't a 6 month venture. Hulak is not the reason the Blades are going to get a high draft pick in the upcoming draft. (How's that for a positive outlook)

Trav
01-28-2008, 08:36 PM
Are you going to use that as an excuse for Hulak until he is done his junior career?

Maybe he's had good games but out of all the games I've seen this year I rarely ever noticed him and he's supposed to be a leader. If hockey isn't first on his mind when he's on the ice then he shouldn't even be playing so stop with that excuse.

Wintoneak is another guy that I thought would become something but he hasn't either.

hobster
01-28-2008, 08:37 PM
McCrae, Hulak ,Durand ,Wintoneak have all under acheived this season. It is not just Hulak even tho i thought maybe he would have about 50 points by now. I guess he can greive for the rest of the season and put up 0 points and we'll let him off the line cause he's still greiving. Not to be so harsh on the guy, but man oh man playing hockey should help him take his mind of his mother's passing.

hobster
01-28-2008, 08:38 PM
Are you going to use that as an excuse for Hulak until he is done his junior career?

Maybe he's had good games but out of all the games I've seen this year I rarely ever noticed him and he's supposed to be a leader. If hockey isn't first on his mind when he's on the ice then he shouldn't even be playing so stop with that excuse.

Wintoneak is another guy that I thought would become something but he hasn't either.
OMG me and trav agree on something lol

Tidball
01-29-2008, 08:21 AM
Jamie Crooks- Crooks is by no means a lock to make the team next year. He is a smallish guy with a perimeter game that may not translate as well to the WHL game as guys like Gallimore, Dziurzynski, Inglis and Nicholls who will all be on the team next year.

Brant Henry-Norton- He is a gritty player who skates very well and can chip in if given the opportunity. He is not going to be a scorer right away and perhaps never will be. He is an agitator and reminds me alot of that Hunt kid from Vancouver which the Blades drafted.

Gallimore, Nicholls, Inglis will all have great chances of making the squad next year. Durand and Fiala will be gone opening up 2 spots. My bet is that Klotz will be gone and the Blades will keep Reich as a 20 yr old next year as well. They will bring in a euro forward likely and a high pick at that! Also probably another 20 yr old forward so there really isn't much room for more players like Crooks or Norton next year.

Gillies
Hulak
Patterson
Wintoneak
Toomey
Hamilton
Reich
Dziurzynski
Philp
Belyk* could be replaced
Langkow
Inglis
Nicholls
Gallimore

Elliott
Zahn
Funk
Niemi
Klassen
Berg
Wall
W. Klassen

Holtby
Zemlak
Hamilton/Krahn

There you go!

Curtis Hamilton can play in goal too? I didnt know lol. I think you mean Morrision or Sharkey?

Dwight Schrute
01-29-2008, 08:22 AM
I would say say Norton has zero chance at making the team with his lousy 10 points this year. Inglis is way better in every catagorie and is a year younger, Gallimore Inglis Crook Nichols and Chikie have a way better opertunity at cracking the team than Norton does.
both norton, and inglis were selected in the same draft. makes more sense to try and draft a skilled guy that high, and also i meant you'd think he'd get well over .5 ppg

hobster
01-29-2008, 10:32 AM
Wrong Norton was drafted in 2006 and Inglis was drafted in 2007, get your facts straight.

WHL Crazy
01-29-2008, 10:51 AM
Not Curtis Hamilton, although Curtis does have a brother playing goal on the Kelowna team. I meant Adam morrison! Sharkey has no chance at making the team next year.

When you become a scout let me know Tidball and I'll put you to work!

Later

Arthur Fonzerelli
01-31-2008, 12:27 AM
The kid playing goal in Kelowna is not Curtis Hamilton's brother.

Tidball
02-01-2008, 01:36 PM
Not Curtis Hamilton, although Curtis does have a brother playing goal on the Kelowna team. I meant Adam morrison! Sharkey has no chance at making the team next year.

When you become a scout let me know Tidball and I'll put you to work!

Later

With Krahn there i will agree with that statement. But Sharkey is unreal. He is so positionally sound its incredible, he has a decent glove too. Had we not listed Krahn i would say that Sharkey should go in goal before Morrison does.

Trav
02-01-2008, 06:14 PM
then we should see one of them dealt to a team looking for a young goaltender and hopefully the Blades can get a good prospect or pick in return. No sense is keeping all three.

hobster
02-01-2008, 06:24 PM
Zemlak must feel like crap with our young stars we have in goal and Holtby as the number 1.

GBG BLEED BLUE
02-01-2008, 06:36 PM
Zemlak must feel like crap with our young stars we have in goal and Holtby as the number 1.
Yes Zemlak probably does and if Molleken was smart he would trade,release him to help him out because I do not think that he is getting any help by watching pretty much every game, I am pretty sure that Zemlak is capable of being a starting goalie(if not in the WHL) then possibly with a junior A team or somewhere.

Zemlak is a good goaltender he just needs all the ice time that he can get and clearly he is not getting that with the Blades.

hobster
02-01-2008, 06:39 PM
Yes Zemlak probably does and if Molleken was smart he would trade,release him to help him out because I do not think that he is getting any help by watching pretty much every game, I am pretty sure that Zemlak is capable of being a starting goalie(if not in the WHL) then possibly with a junior A team or somewhere.

Zemlak is a good goaltender he just needs all the ice time that he can get and clearly he is not getting that with the Blades.
Hey whats with he Giants logo does it stand for a bandwagon jumper.

GBG BLEED BLUE
02-01-2008, 06:45 PM
Hey whats with he Giants logo does it stand for a bandwagon jumper.
Kinda but more because I know someone who plays on the team.