PDA

View Full Version : Lethbridge

TwoBits
01-27-2008, 12:39 AM
Well, at least Riege beat the snot out of Buddy-Whatshisface. (Versteeg was it?)

Here's my play-by-play of the fight:

Riege and Versteeg vc119

Versteeg Boogaard'd

Riege punk rock

PG Fans applause

Klippenstein was lost for words after the game, didn't know that was possible. Maybe he didn't want a fine. :laugh:

WestLEAFfan
01-27-2008, 07:32 AM
haha haha haha Now that's funny! You a comedian TwoBits? As for the game, a day late and a dollar short pretty much sums it up. Add in over zealous officiating and it equals to nine goals against. Must have been tough to watch cause it sure wasn't fun to listen to! :confused:

localguy
01-27-2008, 08:46 AM
haha haha haha Now that's funny! You a comedian TwoBits? As for the game, a day late and a dollar short pretty much sums it up. Add in over zealous officiating and it equals to nine goals against. Must have been tough to watch cause it sure wasn't fun to listen to! :confused:

Only 3 of those goal were on the power play, you were playing one of the top teams in the league, and they were hungry. I watched the game, and most of thepenealties were legit. YOu have a young team that got out played, and they caught out of position, and weren't moving their feet. With a depleted roster and a hard game the night before, that leaves them tired, adn taking penalties as a reslut. We had our share of getting blown out last year, don;t worry. Hopefully after a tough year this year, you guys will be that much better next year. Rebuilding years are tough as fans, just ask red deer or Portland, but stay with it, if we've made the playoffs, we haven;t been out of the first round since we went to the mem cup, and that was forever ago. Keep your heads up and stcik with your team, it'll come together sooner than you think. And, Riege and Versteeg both didn;t come back so who really won? I personally liked wuchteral's turtle show vci11

PGFlyfisher
01-27-2008, 12:46 PM
Pretty much bang on there, Localguy. A depleted and tired Cougars line up was no match for what could arguably be the best team we' ve seen in our barn this season. They seem to be flying under the radar ( why I don' t know, just look at the standings) but IMO could quite possibly be Eastern conference champions come playoffs. They seem to have it all. Size, speed and skill.
Their defence collapses well in the slot and limits opponents shots nicely.

I do have to disagree to a point about the officiating though. I was at the game and yes, most calls were legit, but the competition was so uneven, they could have eased up on the phantom/softer calls both ways.
Also, Stanfield gets hit into the boards in the danger zone. Ref' s right there and no call. Later, Sagert just touches a Hurricane player on the shoulder and gets 2 for boarding.
That' s the kind officiating that I witnessed throughout most of the game.
I guess the dub is a development league for officials as well and they' ll make mistakes. Fair enough. But this ref seemed more biased than I' ve seen in quite some time.

I' ll give thumbs up to Lethbridge for sitting the big guns a lot more late in the game. It was out of reach anyhow and give some of the other lines more ice time. Also, it was nice to see them celebrate quietly at the end of the game knowing it wasn' t a formidable opponent.

I will, however, give thumbs down to "Wuchturtle". He lays the big hit, plays physical, but won' t back it up when challenged. Gutless!
Also, thumbs down to Wright. Deliberately kicking the stick away from a Cougar player that dropped it. The Hurricanes were already kicking butt, how about showing some sportmanship?

HURRICANE'S ROCK
01-28-2008, 03:33 PM
Ya we do fly under the radar a bit to much and don't get the respect we deserve. After all teams hit the 50 game mark we have 5th most points in the league. Calgary and Van and to some extent Spokane and Tri City get all the hype and, hey, they are good but so are we. We had a slow start also this year going 4-7 in our first 11 games. Four of those games we were up by 2 to 4 goals and lost. Turn that around and we are right with the other 4 guys. When we have a full line-up and roll all 4 lines we have dominated some good teams. I am sure no one in the East is looking forward to meeting us in the Playoffs. We have yet to show how good we really are. If this team gets on roll at playoff time they will win the East!!!!!!!! yeehoo

I watched the game on the Web and there were a few calls the ref should have let go against you, considering the score. They were very minor calls.

localguy
01-29-2008, 10:59 AM
For teh record, I was joking about Wuchteral. The biggest reason we are under the radar, is the same reason we get a lot of games ref'd with slight bias from the vets, Bryan Maxwell. His riegn here cast a fairly dark shadow over our organization, and we are still fighting to get out of it. The league is not fond of us much either, but we have a great group of kids, and finally some stability with coaching staff and GM, and here we are back in the thick of things. The organization has taken great strides to change how this team is viewed, and have done a great job. We are one of the few community based teams left, and we are in a market with a couple big markets, so we will likely stay under the radar unless we have a big year. Even then, I kinda hope we stay there, takes away the pressure and puts the spotlight elsewhere.

shushu
01-29-2008, 04:57 PM
[QUOTE=[Sorry Shushu ...Your original post doesn't seem quite so smug today.]

ive been there a million time myself....good luck to your coug's also, better days are coming........................

WestLEAFfan
01-29-2008, 05:00 PM
Pretty hard to get much worse! :thumb: